Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your situation?
Lost a loved one
58%
 58%  [ 21 ]
In the process of losing a loved one (to either drugs or an illness)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Just here to listen and help
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
other
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
damn poll whores....
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36

Aphroditespell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:24 am
We lost grandma exactly a week ago. We were all very close so there really is no way to prepare for such a loss, however we knew it was coming. We were told that she wouldn't make it and it was a matter of days ~ and that was 10 months ago. She was an amazing fighting woman! She lived and loved for 87 blessed years, and is missed so very much. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:46 pm
Aphroditespell
We lost grandma exactly a week ago. We were all very close so there really is no way to prepare for such a loss, however we knew it was coming. We were told that she wouldn't make it and it was a matter of days ~ and that was 10 months ago. She was an amazing fighting woman! She lived and loved for 87 blessed years, and is missed so very much. crying
Having lost my own Grandma only a month ago, I truely feel for you. If you ever want to talk, I'll be here for you. heart  

Shayme

Invisible Survivor

7,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Revy-2-Hands

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:59 pm
I lost one to murder. Her husband stabbed her 71 times, killing her after his return from Iraq.

Other then that, I've had my far share of loss. Far too much of it, really. It's made me numb and I can't cry anymore either. I'm literally to the point, I might as well be in charge of the dead for apathy.

And one is just a mental/emotional thing that's been ongoing for the past 9 years. That's really the only one that effects me anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:35 am
User Image
My deepest sympathies to those who posted before me, & to those who will post after
heart & *HUGS*

I despise this time of year. My birthday is on 10/15, & on 10/19 it will be the 9 year anniversary of my mother's passing. She passed away just after my 15th birthday, from Lou Gherig's Disease (aka ALS).
Since it plagues my mind every year, I'll get it out of my system here..
She started getting sick about a year prior, the Thanksgiving after my 14th bday. My father is, well, his own man ~ Not very emotional or affectionate, & he & my mother weren't on the best of terms despite being married for about 15 years at the time. throughout the year she was sick, he didn't really take care of her; it was all on little 14 year old me, which is kinda ******** up, IMO (pardon my language). I spent that summer taking care of her, mainly feeding her through a tube in her stomach because her tongue had become paralyzed, as well as translating what she would try to say to people.
I remember the night she passed away like it was yesterday, not 10 years ago. By that time, my aunt & uncle had temporarily moved into our house to help take care of her so I could try to focus on school. I remember.. We'd had dinner, I'd hid in my room, door closed, Rancid blaring on my radio; my mom had a hospital bed set up in the living room. In between songs, I heard a weird noise coming from the living room, so I pressed my ear up against the door, scared to open it, & debated on whether or not to ignore it or see what was going on. I finally got up the courage to go out there after a minute, to find that something had caused her to choke on her own blood.
My father & aunt were crying. My dad noticed I was standing at the doorway to the living room trying to get a grip on what was going on, & he came right over, gave me a hug, & told me he was sorry. That was the only time I'd ever seen my father show any emotion, even to this day. I walked over to my aunt, who was sitting on the bed beside my mom, & she grabbed onto me, crying hystarically, saying "I'm soo sorry, I did everything I could!" I took care of her ~ Held her, told her I knew she did what she could & that it was for the better that she was no longer suffering. I still hadn't shed a tear ~ I was more concerned about making sure everyone else was ok.
After a minute, my father & uncle went outside to smoke a cigarette, & my aunt went into the kitchen to call the coroner. I sat on the couch, alone, in front of my mom, & started to think, "What do I do now?! How the hell do I deal with this?!" Then I realized that my family had seemingly abandoned me, leaving me sitting alone with my mom's body, 4 days after my 15th birthday; I realized that I was pretty much raising myself from that point on, as I have no siblings. That's when I started screaming & crying.

I guess I turned out alright, though cry wink
Apparently sending me to Catholic school for 4 years embedded some good morals in my brain, & getting slapped in the face for disrespecting my mum a few times taught me to watch my mouth a bit lol
But autumn hits me hard, & I dread the winter.

The Green Day song, "Wake Me Up When September Ends", hits really close to home for me, as Billie Joe's father passed away in early September when he was 10 years old, if my memory is correct (yea, I've been a fan since I was, like, 9, so razz lol)
Since I must, I'll share some of the lyrics & hope that it provides some solace for someone else as it does for me :

"Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day
User Image

heart X 1million
User Image
User Image

Ska Hippie

Arcanasylvana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:15 pm
I lost my mother like 7 or 8 years ago. Although technically I lost her 4 more years before that. My mother was a Diabetic and suffered many problems due to it. She was blind and the last 4 years of her life were spent in Alabama due to the fact she was suffering from dementia and my grandmother convinced my dad she could take better care of her. My mother was the second youngest patient in a nursing home when she died. She never even got to meet my daughters or see me marry my current husband who is NO 2 in marriages, but No 1 in my heart. I almost didn't make it to her funeral, but my sister paid for me to fly down to Alabama as my grandma had her buried in her family plot. I haven't spoken to my Grandma since because she was very nasty to me that week and I have had a hard time forgiving her for that and for taking my mom away from us.

My mother passed away around Thanksgiving and I remember flying out on Thanksgiving and attending her funeral on Black Friday. Needless to say Thanksgiving remains a hard time for me, but I have my own family to be Thankful for.

User Image
The last pic of my mom that I have!

User Image
My Family The 2 little girls to the side are my step-daughters and the 2 on top are my biological daughters. Me and hubby in the middle!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm
I had my share of loss as well. My great-uncle whom we visited every 2 weeks on Saturdays past away when he was 86 back in 1997.

I lost my other uncle when he was 101 years of age. He stuffed from a stroke and was wheelchair bound. When I went to his last birthday party I saw that he received a letter form the county and President Bush congratulating on making to 100. This was back in 2004.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Lita Kuragari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 pm
I lost my grandparents on my dads side back when I was ten and younger.
I lost my Grandpa (moms side) four-five years ago due to a brain tumor
I lost my Aunt (moms side) less then a month after (cancer filled body was even in her blood, no way to save her)

these two ladies are both fighting still and have been for years
my Aunt (moms side) has had breast cancer and brain tumors that metastasized/came from the breast cancer
my Aunt (married to my moms brother) also has breast cancer

and in August I lost a dear close friend of mine and the families to a cancer filled body. she battled with MS for such a long time and they had found the cancer to late to help her. She was such a sweet lady, always trying to make you smile never yelled at anyone and always had a smile on her face even in her last weeks she would try and make you smile. she will always live on in the hearts of many for she was loved by anyone and everyone who knew her.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff