Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:47 pm
thought we'd have fun sharing our childhood memories to get to know our fellow geezers a little better.

RULES

#1 write anything you want that you remember from your childhood it can be best memory you have, it can be sad day, it could be embarrassing whatever you don't mind sharing.

#2 respect everyones memory's

#3 have fun and enjoy

PS - add ur age would be cool for it gives idea why that memory, know how long ago possibly u had that memory don't have to but it be cool tho XD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:54 pm
well I'll start and i hope others join in let see here.............i remeber days when i was from 6-20 yrs old on the farm id go through the backyard and come to our stream and see a turtle that was bigger then both my hands put together, oh how i missing watching the turtle swim in our stream.  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:04 pm
I have many. Went camping with my uncle once. He took my brother and me in his corvette. My grandma and mom bought us all the food we needed for the trip. Sadly, we were close enough to grandma's house and had all three meals there...hehehe Corvette camping was a blast. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:28 am
I was about 5 or 6 (now 37), I was picking slugs in the garden with my Grandma. So there I was, straddled - legged, bent over and looking for the slugs, my Grandma doing the same thing a couple of rows away. Suddenly I stand straight up and shout, "Grandma, Grandma, come see the big slug!" Grandma comes over and nearly has a heart attack! It was the boa constrictor that had escaped from the highschool at the end of the block!  

Kyreie

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:57 pm
I remember going to see Star Wars at the movies when I was 5, and Superman when I was 6. Star Wars absolutely scared the living daylights out of me. I couldn't distinguish real from make-believe at that age, and got VERY upset when Alderaan blew up. crying

I had a much better time seeing Superman, though. Star Trek, too, in that same year (197 cool . What a difference a year makes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 pm
here's another for you gaians...we were having a 4th of july party back when i was 16 and having a blast shooting fireworks mostly fountain ones. well were all around watching the fireworks when a friend of mine ran in saying watch out firecracker coming in when he slowed down starting swinging the sparkler around in awe of it like a 4 yr old into fireworks but it scared the day lights out of us but now i just laugh at the idea rofl but at the time we grumbled at him jerk.  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:40 pm
One time when I was lil. My mom, one grandma (someone who worked with my mom and she had everyone call her grandma), my brother and I decorated and policeman's personal car one night with balloons, shaving cream and what not as he worked in the jail. Punishment, my mom had to go on a date with him and we had to stay at grandma's house for a sleep over. hehehe Lesson learned: It is fun to decorate policemen's cars.... twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm
I had a very rough childhood. When I was 5 and my brother was 7 we had a bad snow storm and he got let out of school early that day. He walked home with the 2 girls that lived next door. We didn't live very far from the school. I remember my mom telling me to stay away from the window and then she ran out the front door. I was very curiouse as to what was happening so I peeked out the window and there I saw my brothers sneaker in the road. A little ways up the road I saw my brother laying in the road all twisted and broken and laying in blood. People where all around him and my mother was on the ground next to him crying.

He was in a coma for 9 long months and when he came out he was put on a ventilator because he couldn't breath on his own. He was paralyzed from the neck down and from then on we had round the clock nursing in our home. My mother became very depressed and her bipolar got worse. She never got diagnosed but the whole family knows she has it, she's in denial though. She became not only verbaly abusive, but physically abusive as well.

I can't really think of any good memories from when I was a child except this one when My brother was still whole we use to pretend we were thundercats.  

lenoree

elwine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 pm
I had a rough childhood also. Rittled with parents fighting and taking care of my younger sister.

One memory sticks out the most of that though. I was about 10. Making my sister...like 6 or 7. We had just got Mr. Hero and were about to sit down in the living room to eat. My dad got one of the really big drinks. Everything was out on the coffee table. My mom comes in the door, probably high or slightly drunk (as she normally was). She started yelling. My dad told me to go in my room because I didn't have to see this (my sister was already there). My mom told me to stay and blocked the way. So I sat there as they were arguing (I don't even remember what it was about). Then all of a sudden, my mom walks up to the coffee table that everything was on. Sticks her hands under the corner, and flips the table. Everything flew against the wall. The sandwiches flew everywhere. The drink hit the wall, the lid popped off, and the soda went everywhere. Then my mom stormed back out.

That was the day my dad starting filing for divorce, and we went to the police station to file a report about it. We started keeping the door chained when we were there and she wasn't.

As a result of the police report, she wasn't allowed back in unless accompanied by a police person. So when she came home the next day (after staying out all night), she couldn't get in (because of the chained door). She started yelling. My dad handed her the report and the police order through the crack in the door. She started yelling some more about how she had to get her stuff. She started pushing the door, almost breaking the chain off the door.

So yea. That pretty much sums up my childhood. ((Sorry so long))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:35 pm
i love all the memorys
BlueberryJoy that was funny about the slug story rofl

lenoree that is a sad story well i hope your lives ahead are joyful ones.

elwine who said storys are meant to be short? poems are short. who cares this is where u guys/girls get to ramble about a memory in your childhood you remeber.

PS - thx for all the memory's you all shared hope many more share  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:28 am
any other memory?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:59 am
When I was 12 (I'll be 26 this November), I had a bad rivalry with my cousin. I kept thinking that he was annoying and vice versa, so the "hostility" is mutual.
One day, we both had an argument (I couldn't remember exactly what happened there, but we shouted against each other, sometimes, calling names).
By the time we had to go home, both of us went somewhere else. We had a fist fight.
Before any of us were knocked out in the fight, there were some adults passed by and they drove us away from each other, and we both were yelled afterwards... We were told to go straight to our home and the fight ended that way...  

Sir_Bors

MustangDragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:47 pm
I really feel for those of you who had terrible childhoods. I had some pretty bad spots, but nothing that bad. I hope you can recover, and if you need help, don't be ashamed to see a counselor.

First, I'm 62.

The things I remember the best are the apple pies my mother made from the apples on our tree, and the grape jelly she made from our grape vines. She canned vegetables from our garden too, and we had a huge garden. My father loved it, and it was his territory. I remember one Saturday morning my mom called me to the kitchen window. I looked out and there was my father squat-walking down the rows, pulling out weeds and tossing them behind him. And behind him was a partridge and her six babies, eating the weeds. hahaha He knew they were there... he'd look in our direction and wink now and then.

I remember going to the movies to watch the Saturday afternoon double feature, usually a western and something else, maybe a science fiction movie. There were the serials too, half an hour of adventure with a cliff hanger at the end and you had to wait a whole week for the next part. And there was always at least one cartoon.

My most peaceful times were when I put a rope on a metal folding chair, climbed up a tall tree and pulled the chair up. I set up the chair between two branches so I had a secure seat, took out a book from my jeans, and sat up there swaying in the breeze, reading. Ah, those were the days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 pm
My grandma and grandpa taught me how to can fruits, vegies and meats. My grandma taught me how to cook as well as my mom. I bake from scratch whenever possible. I got the pie dough down perfect and can't keep any pies around. We have had huge and nice gardens in the past. Next year I am hoping to have one again. We also have an orchid and wild berries throughout the property. Only thing I miss are the farm animals.

MustangDragon
I really feel for those of you who had terrible childhoods. I had some pretty bad spots, but nothing that bad. I hope you can recover, and if you need help, don't be ashamed to see a counselor.

First, I'm 62.

The things I remember the best are the apple pies my mother made from the apples on our tree, and the grape jelly she made from our grape vines. She canned vegetables from our garden too, and we had a huge garden. My father loved it, and it was his territory. I remember one Saturday morning my mom called me to the kitchen window. I looked out and there was my father squat-walking down the rows, pulling out weeds and tossing them behind him. And behind him was a partridge and her six babies, eating the weeds. hahaha He knew they were there... he'd look in our direction and wink now and then.

I remember going to the movies to watch the Saturday afternoon double feature, usually a western and something else, maybe a science fiction movie. There were the serials too, half an hour of adventure with a cliff hanger at the end and you had to wait a whole week for the next part. And there was always at least one cartoon.

My most peaceful times were when I put a rope on a metal folding chair, climbed up a tall tree and pulled the chair up. I set up the chair between two branches so I had a secure seat, took out a book from my jeans, and sat up there swaying in the breeze, reading. Ah, those were the days.

Angel Of Sol

500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items