Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Gundam Geezers? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:44 pm
Is anyone here a fan of the Gundam series, especially the older ones? If so, could you recommend which one would be better to see first?

Series seen so far:

Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam 00 [First season only]
08th MS Team
Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Yes, yes I am a fanatic, and I'm proud of it! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:50 pm
Gundam Wing first. Then 08th MS Team. Those were the best, in my opinion.  

Maester_Leoshin

emosgirl

Desirable Dark Elf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:56 pm
I've seen all of your list except Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. So you've seen the Gundam shows I'm a fan of. smile You could watch G Gundam. I don't think it's that good but it's easy to find. Other than that I can't help. I really don't have an interest in watching the older Gundam shows. Gundam Wing was my introduction and I loved it. That's as old as I go with Gundam.

BTW, Gundam 00 season 2 comes out in October! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:00 pm
Maester_Leoshin
Gundam Wing first. Then 08th MS Team. Those were the best, in my opinion.

cool, same here. viva wing and 08th ms team.

gundam seed was just pure fangirl trash for the most part copying the older series with tweaks here and there to try and make it original >:/

if you get a chance watch the original gundam series. it's actually more focused on the emotional realities of war than any series to date (not having seen any of the new Gundam 00 yet) and the movie char's counter attack is so cool XD even if it somewhat ignores char's position at the end of the series  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Maester_Leoshin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:02 pm
SD Gundam was the worst Gundam series of all. I wonder what they were smoking when they wrote that one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 pm
Maester_Leoshin
SD Gundam was the worst Gundam series of all. I wonder what they were smoking when they wrote that one.

haha i almost blocked SD Gundam from my memory XD i hated that show, but watched it anyway as a dedicated gundam fan crying that series wasted precious hours of my geezer life i wont get back >_<;  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mikiba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:09 pm
Gundam Wing. And then the 08th MS team fer sure. I loved watching those. I became a Heero Yuy fanatic. Still am as a matter of fact, haha. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:12 pm
Duo fan here. Deathscythe all the way.  

Maester_Leoshin

Zealand_Aquarius

Barton Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:51 pm

I’ve only seen Wing and Seed sadly but I’ve heard good thing about the other series, it’s just getting a hold of them really that’s a shame.

I ‘m also very sad in that I’ve a green Haro toy from Gundam Seed, but it’s great fun for the cat when it chases it around the room before it goes after him, the dogs don’t trust it either.

ninja If no-one hates me I'm a 3X4/ 4X3 fangirl from old but not as bad as some.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm
Zeta Gundam and G Gundam. Be sure to watch G Gundam in Japanese with subtitles, because the English dub was censored.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:53 pm
Dameon_Patron_of_Healing
Is anyone here a fan of the Gundam series, especially the older ones? If so, could you recommend which one would be better to see first?

Series seen so far:

Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam 00 [First season only]
08th MS Team
Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Yes, yes I am a fanatic, and I'm proud of it! xd

you've got to see G Gundam.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:38 am
I had a life sized hero yuy poster in my room ... it got alot of use  

AdventSugar

emosgirl

Desirable Dark Elf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:41 pm
Yamabushi Miroku
Maester_Leoshin

haha i almost blocked SD Gundam from my memory XD

blaugh That's so funny! I guess I blocked it from my memory completely. I totally forgot I'd seen that one until you mentioned it. blaugh

Don't feel bad, Zealand_Aquarius. I have a green, yellow and pink Haro. I want to find the necklace of him again. I have the Birdie necklace from Gundam Seed. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:37 pm
emosgirl
Yamabushi Miroku
Maester_Leoshin

haha i almost blocked SD Gundam from my memory XD

blaugh That's so funny! I guess I blocked it from my memory completely. I totally forgot I'd seen that one until you mentioned it. blaugh

Don't feel bad, Zealand_Aquarius. I have a green, yellow and pink Haro. I want to find the necklace of him again. I have the Birdie necklace from Gundam Seed. biggrin
SD Gundam was a parody series. It was never meant to be taken totally seriously. Unfortunately, a serious series is precisely what it got promoted as. >.<  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Bacon Praline

Hallowed Humorist

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:32 pm
Though I admit my first watching of Gundam was when they first showed Gundam Wing here in the states, I've sinced watched a good few of the series, and must say my favorite was 08th MS Team.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff