Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Gaia Fishing? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:10 pm
I've been trying to fish the last few nights, and it keeps telling me I have no bait and the darned pop-up won't go away. I've got all three types of bait, so I have no clue what to do. Am I missing something here? Thanks ahead of time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 pm
Interesting, I get the same problem even with like 65 grade F baits. (from the Daily Chance). However, I noticed that the subscript for rest of my stackable items, like tokens, bugs, and inks are nothing rather then the usual number stating how much I have.

My guess it's some bug again.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

blitz789

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm
i get that occasionally. it helps to click out of that, go to your inverntory and see that the bait is there and then try again. if that still doesnt work, try the Quit option in the top right corner of the fishing window.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:00 pm
I thought fishing was down some time ago. Guess I will go check out Q&A. I like to fish, but it always makes me feel inadequate. (I keep losing my fish)  

Aegean_Kassan

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:32 pm
I tried checking the inventory, but no luck. And of course now I'm on some darned quest that invloves catching a blue bass.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:52 am
charamath
I tried checking the inventory, but no luck. And of course now I'm on some darned quest that invloves catching a blue bass.

I sent you a trade request thingy on my other char for a fishie for your quest. Its a freebie if you still want it.  

YACHlRU

charamath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:13 pm
LOL! Thanks smile I traded you fish bait A. Since I can't use it, you might as well! BTW, I love the avatars from Bleach and Advent Children!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:46 pm
charamath
LOL! Thanks smile I traded you fish bait A. Since I can't use it, you might as well! BTW, I love the avatars from Bleach and Advent Children!

thanks hun.

I'm just big fan of anything to do with Kadaj and Bleach too. 4laugh  

YACHlRU

charamath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:19 pm
YACHlRU
charamath

thanks hun.

I'm just big fan of anything to do with Kadaj and Bleach too. 4laugh

You're going to love this- I went to take my new fishey to Logan for my quest, and when I went to give him it - it said I didn't have it! I checked my inventory, and no more fishey.... It was there before when I checked! It's like my account is allergic to anything involving fish. I emailed Gaia about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:40 am
if you want more fishies, ChaosKadaj has 6 more of them and I can send some more your way. freebie again. unless you want to wait until they have got you fixed up and you are no longer living in a fishie free evironment  

YACHlRU

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm
Thanks smile I'll give it a day or two for them to reply.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:18 pm
I know you're already working on getting the fish and all, but I figured I would chime in anyway. The bait thing happened to me once before... I just kept trying all the different fishing servers until I found one that worked {which at the time happened to be Angelic, but I haven't tried lately.}  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

YACHlRU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 pm
i thought I'd go and try some fishing. I got the error message too even though I had 17 Grade F baits. So I exitted, bought some Grade D bait. and then it let me play, as long as I had the Grade D bait in stock and didn't use it, it worked  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:30 pm
Well I still can't fish (tried all the suggestions), but the magically dissapearing fish re-appeared! I finnally gave it to him. Now I have to hunt down butterflies. Apparently a blue butterfly is very elusive. I haven't seen one yet.  

charamath

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:39 pm
I remember when fishing was the only minigame on gaia, and I hated it/barely played it then.

Now that theres so many other minigames I don't even look at it.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff