Reply Serious Conversations
This situation really bothers me Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenoree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:00 pm
Ok, So My babysitter is 18 (use to be my babysitter till this came about). She lives in a small trailer park with her mom, brother and her mothers husband,(not her father). Her mothers husband is very mentally ill. 2 trailers down is this father of 2 boys. 1 is 11 and the other just turned 14. Karen, (the mother) is always over to Vern's, (the father of the boys) with her 2 kids while the husband who can hardly take care of his self is rotting away in a trailer that is so disgusting you can't even walk through the door. Its cluttered with garbage and smells like the dump. c**k roaches every where. When Karen and Vern are out Kristina, (the 18 year old) watches the 2 boys. Well, I just found out that Kristina is having sex with the 14 year old and has been since he was 12 eek He has a mental Illness and has been on meds. since he was very small. The parents of both the kids, (although Kristina is now 18 ) both are ok with this. I'm not. Its child molestation and I think something needs to be done about this. They think the baby is wonderful because then they can collect all sorts of benefits. I forgot to mention how neither one of these households are employed and Kristina dropped out of school at 16 and just sits around all day smoking pot. Actually, they all do. They live off from food stamps and food banks. They don't have any transportation and are always bumming rides. This girl needs to go to jail, and so do the parents. But what can I do? Both parents are ok with the situation. She can't be arrested unless the father presses charges, or can she?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:28 pm
It depends on where you live. In California, those parents (all of them) are guilty of boat loads of crimes from child endangerment, neglect, etc. Report them to the local Child Protective Services. The girl, now that she is 18, can be charged with statutory rape, especially since the minor has mental issues.

The parents have no say in this.The kids are minors and if their parents don't take care of them, the state will. Just be sure to stand clear of the fall out and talk to your children to see if anything inapropriate has happened between them and little miss fertile. If she went after a kid once, it's likely she'll do it again.

Have you considered moving?  

Etoile de la Mer

lunaci

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm
I really can't say. I live in new york, so I think that if I were to call and report a similar incident, something may happen to the girl and the family.

I'm not sure how it is in other states, but if you believe that something should be done, then make the call (anomalously).  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 pm
I would definitely call someone. That's terrible.

Even if you only mention the fact that they aren't able to take care of their kids. They'll find out about the rest. But that's definitely child endangerment. Possibly neglect if they don't actually care for the children.

Side note: If I lived in New York, I'd be your babysitter. :3 I love kids.

elwine

charamath

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 pm
CALL SOCIAL SERVICES!! Jeesh, that's one heck of a issue! Parent's consent or not, an 18 year old having sex with a 14 year old is just not right, especially if he's disabled. People who get molested from babysitters end up having issues almost every time. And the pot-smoking...get those kids taken away!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 am
Alright, I'm definitely going to make the move today then. I do have 1 other person on my side. The boys mother's boyfriend. She flipped out yesterday when they came over and I told him. They all did nothing but riducule this guy for no reason just because the mom was with him and not their dad. Once he found out he said he was going to do something about it. She was all concerned about her grandchild eek She should be more concerned about her son. That grandchild shouldn't even be thought of yet.  

lenoree

lenoree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am
Alright, It's done. I called CPS this morning and reported the situation. It has also been reported to the police. Now I just have to sit back and wait for them to call me and let me know what's going to be done. I left my name and number so that they could keep me informed. They told me my name would be confidential. I'm pretty sure they will assume it was me. And I bet they are going to try to get even with me. Probably turn me in to CPS for some kind of lie. I'm not worried though. I haven't done anything wrong biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:07 pm
Good for you smile  

charamath

Etoile de la Mer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:32 pm
Good for you biggrin

I'd watch my own children, if I were you. It doesn't sound like they are the brightest bunch so be careful. CPS usually is smart enough to realize that a tit for tat game is being played, but be ready for the gossip they will spread, the phone calls to police and other organizations, and perhaps retaliation against your family and pets.

Seriously, move.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:47 am
Etoile de la Mer
Good for you biggrin

I'd watch my own children, if I were you. It doesn't sound like they are the brightest bunch so be careful. CPS usually is smart enough to realize that a tit for tat game is being played, but be ready for the gossip they will spread, the phone calls to police and other organizations, and perhaps retaliation against your family and pets.

Seriously, move.

I'm too far away from them. I am prepared for them to make phone calls, but like I said, there isn't anything they can do to me. I'm a great mom, I have everything she needs for her. Lots of food and clothing. She is spoiled. I don't do drugs, except Vicodin, but I have a script for that. My house is spotless all the time. My cats are all up to date. I have my boyfriend that won't let anything happen too. He's pretty big and can be very scary. My cats are inside cats. And no one can get to my apartment without me knowing it, or my vehicle. They probably couldn't find my house anyway.  

lenoree

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 pm
I hate to be the one to say it, but this is not at all unusual, just despicable. I've substituted at a metropolitan high school's In School Suspension, and the kids tell stories like this about their families: mom's boyfriend knocked up my sister... uncle is in prison... brother died from drugs... etc. Horrific!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm
holy crap! Thats just sad *shakes head* poor boy, I hope that you calling social services did some good  

Mrs_Black_Bear

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:38 pm
I think that not only the situation with the boy is bad, but the old man might be unable to care for himself at all, and he's wasting away in his own filth. He could, y'know, die in that place, and no one would notice. gonk

Trailer park clans are not the best people to get involved with. Which is not to say ALL trailer dwellers are like that! But clearly, this one is. talk2hand You've done what you've been able to do for the boy; if the situation with the old man bothers you, call Crime Stoppers (or whaterver hotline is equivalent) and tell them about the neglect.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 pm
It's been a few days, anything new? You ok?  

Lil-Jo
Crew

Lii sun

2,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:36 am
Well actually she can be charged because she's 18. Normally only if either the boy or the parent presses charges, how ever the father can be deemed unfit to parent the boy because of neglagence. I would consult a lawyer or somone who knows the law in your state well first then take it from there on how to approach the situation.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff