Reply Serious Conversations
This situation really bothers me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenoree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:46 am
Well, so far I don't think anything has happened. CPS said they would keep me informed and I haven't gotten any calls yet. I'm very disappointed, I would have done something immediately sad I will just keep waiting, and as soon as I hear anything I will post.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:34 pm
OMG!!! There is a very similar situation that just took place right in the same area just a couple days ago eek I will copy and paste the article for you:

Tuesday September 23, 2008, 2:32 PM

An 18-year-old Fulton woman has been charged with raping a 13-year-old boy while his mother was asleep on a couch in their apartment.

Fulton Police say Tabitha Regan , is accused of having sexual intercourse with the boy on Aug. 29.

According to a statement Regan gave police, she met the boy over the summer at Rowlee Beach. She told police that the pair had hung out together several times before the incident, but that they were always with other people. Regan said she thought the boy was between 14 and 16-years old.

In his statement to police, the victim said that Regan came over to his house in the evening on Aug. 29. He said his mother was asleep on the couch and he was watching television downstairs. He said Regan followed him to the upstairs bathroom and opened the door while he was washing his hands.

He said she then told him to go into the bedroom, where the two undressed and had sex.

Regan was charged with second-degree rape, a Class D felony and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.

Her next scheduled court appearance is Oct. 29.

I hope the same thing happens to Kristina.  

lenoree

Chimaria

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:48 pm
I'm glad you made the call, that took courage to get involved.

Let them be angry with you (if they find out). They are wrong on so many different levels. And children deserve better than what you have described.

hmmm...are you on the West Coast? (I'm trying to be not obvious) For privacy reasons you can PM me or not answer. I totally understand.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:48 pm
I'm in NY. I live very close to lake Ontario smile  

lenoree

Sarah_Jones69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:50 pm
Its time for you to find a new babysitter.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:54 pm
Oy....What a mess. As a survivor of child abuse, let me thank you for reporting this situation to the authorities. I firmly believe that all people should behave as though they are mandated reporters when it comes to child, elder or disabled abuse.

This girl, the 18 year old is a victim, too, and she obviously needs help. It's easy to call her names and judge her, but she is a product of her environment and it's a shame that no one called child services about the situation before the sexual abuse of the boy occurred.  

virtuelessone

Wicked Bloodsucker

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 pm
This is just a no good situation at all. I agree with what you did, we need to take care of those that have the weakest voice.

But I'd be careful. Keep pepper spray with you.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff