Reply Advice Forum
making friends in gaia? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Folgor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:41 am
im just asking because ive been here a while and i do not have many friends surprised , is it just because they are young and immature or am i a shut in lol xD.

So im asking the geezers if they have advice or pointers or what not surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:11 pm
I've made random friends from these boards. My other friends are my children, and their friends in real life. It's hard to make friends in the towns unless you're 15 to 17.  

pd2care

17,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200

Shinigami Unity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:56 pm
I just randomly talk to people. Sometimes that ends up bad - sometimes not. I'm pretty reclusive, though.

All I know is that the more friends you have, the more time it takes maintaining those relationships. And cripes, sometimes I barely have enough time for a shower let alone maintaining friends.

I is a loner. Wahh. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:00 pm
I personally find that the slot machine and the pinball games to be great places for casual chat, especially if there's already a conversation going on. Sure, you're mostly going to find some young-uns but they can be pretty mature too. For the most part, I go there to deliberately make a fool of myself and blow off steam after a long day. The end result is a clear divide between those who are too uptight for me and those most tolerant of my pseudo-flaming and nonsense. Of course, I befriend the latter.

Guilds are pretty good for making friends too, especially if you join some of the smaller-but-active ones because the communities tend to be more tight-knit  

TheHellDevil

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:46 am
I've managed to find a few friends in the word games forum and some on a few guilds I belong to, but I'm the sort of person that likes few close friends, rather than a bunch of friends that I don't know very well.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:21 am
I'm the same way. I'd found a friend here and there, sometimes on a forum, sometimes in a game room. It just happens. Sometimes people are just shy. If you like how a conversation is going with them, then ask to bring it to PM or something before they scatter off. smile  

queen of qeeks

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:34 am
Whatever you do, make sure you send a friendly PM along with your friends request. I guarantee you that, whenever I get a friend's request without a word of explanation, I do whatever I can to brush that person off.

Er... not that I get a lot of friends requests, but it really irritates me when I get them out of nowhere.*

*(For some reason, I don't mind if someone has the decency to explain why they want to be friends, but I find it inexcusable and a little suspicious to drop requests to form bonds on people out of nowhere, even if they're imaginary electronic bonds.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:39 pm
Harbone
Whatever you do, make sure you send a friendly PM along with your friends request. I guarantee you that, whenever I get a friend's request without a word of explanation, I do whatever I can to brush that person off.

Er... not that I get a lot of friends requests, but it really irritates me when I get them out of nowhere.*

*(For some reason, I don't mind if someone has the decency to explain why they want to be friends, but I find it inexcusable and a little suspicious to drop requests to form bonds on people out of nowhere, even if they're imaginary electronic bonds.)

That just temps me. stare  

Shinigami Unity

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 pm
I say we all request to be friends with harbone.

I'm feeling a little inexcusable today.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 pm
Yeah Ive found most of my friends through chatting in games... though people sometimes send me random friend requests too, and I just end up accepting out of politness sweatdrop  

Azure Alexea

Miss Sweden of 83

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:16 pm
I don't have many friends either and I've been here since 03. All of my friends are from a Swedish guild I'm in. I rather have a few close friend than lots of people I don't know on my friends list.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 pm
Hear! Hear! Miss Sweden. You said a mouthful.

I don't really do much with the friends in my freinds list, anyway.
I kinda hate it when people treat friends like trophies or medals.
It's complicated.  

Harbone
Crew

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 pm
Harbone
Hear! Hear! Miss Sweden. You said a mouthful.

I don't really do much with the friends in my freinds list, anyway.
I kinda hate it when people treat friends like trophies or medals.
It's complicated.
I hate that the most on social networking sites. I normally avoid those, but I had to join one to keep my best friend company so I get these ad requests from people who have 999 friends in their friends list, and I'm like "WTF?".

As for me? I've been on the internet and I only have a single "internet only" friend -a woman from a support board I'm on (and she's more of an aquaintence, really).

For whatever reason, I don't connect to people on the internet. This is especially true of Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:49 am
When you're in towns you end up with lots of friend requests and im too mean to say no, but then once every so often i just go through my list and delete anyone who I have nothin to do with and all the people i actually talk to are at the top of my list. I'd rather have a few good friends really and I tend to stay out of towns now, infact i'm that much of a hermit i just tend to com here to talk to more people cause i've found some of the young-uns to be rather intolerable, altho there are some decent ones out there if you can get past all the you're too old comments lol  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

virtuelessone

Wicked Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:31 pm
All of my friends on Gaia are either related to me or friends from a rat forum I've belonged to for ages. (Yes, I said rat...I have rats as pets and they make fantastic pets.)

I also belong to a pets guild here on gaia and a rat guild and I'm getting to know people on that guild I'd like to get to know some older people, though. I feel weird talking to 16 year olds, I always worry that people are going to think I'm some weird ***** stalking Gaia for victims.  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff