A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Hurricane Ike Evacuee BACK HOME!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you affected by Hurricane Ike, regardless of location?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
What is a hurricane?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 28

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 pm
Glad you're back safe and sound... been through this a few times in the guild wondering how everyone is and praying for them. heart

WA doesn't have hurricanes ~ we do have mountains that occasionally like to spit up, on a rare occasion we might have an earthquake or tornado, and lots of flooding and windstorms. Tsunami is the big one they worry about... well that and if Mt Rainier decides to start spitting.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 pm
My house lost power (still living with parents while i finish up degree) still doesn't have power and centerpoint now says sunday is their target for getting us power (not happy with that) fortunetly we moved my mother's mother from Baytown to Lake Jackson last year so she has an old persons appartment (no one under 60) and they have power and the admin there said family is ok for now because they have kids with kids to so we are staying in that 2 bedroom 2 bath appt. (really big place for a single 85 year old woman with no pets) which is 3 minutes from the college so i can sleep in 10 extra minutes (20 minute drive from the house) but no internet there so i'm logging on during BCIS or in the box office during rehersals  

Filia_Nox_Noctis

stellacadente

9,600 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm
Glad to hear everyone is safe. Very sad to see the devastation in Galveston, though.

I'm in Detroit, and we've been weathering Hurricane Kwame for almost 9 months now. stare

But it's blown over, although we've got seven years of shitstorm to clean up after. Not to mention the devastation of globalization and America's dependence on foreign oil and... well, you get where I'm going here. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 pm
SilntAngl5
Dragon student
Topaz Citrine
We do get tornadoes around in the spring ...it's not Kansas.
You say this because of Greensburg and Chapman don't you? xd Yeah, Dorothy has nothing on these two cities.

Yea but at least with hurricanes we have an advanced warning. Tornadoes terrify me. stare
What makes you think we don't get warnings? Though we don't have as MUCH warning as those who live in Hurricane Land do, we Tornado Land people still get warnings (Read: If the clouds are starting to swirl, get into a cellar!)
Mrs_Black_Bear
Hello neighbor I am in kansas, too are you refering to the rains we got?
Yep.  

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash