obe1ball

MHHornfreak

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:55 pm
I liked it back when rap had a real message, not just singing about fake hustling and how much money that have.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 pm
Old school.

Most modern rap is ONLY all about the money and the cars and the pimpin and the b**ches and whatnot, so most new rap I could not care less about.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

charamath

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:04 am
neither. Though if I was being tortured and they let me choose the lesser of the two evils, I'd pick old school.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:01 pm
i don't like the old school rap like around run dmc, i mean, ill listen to it but not love it. to me, good old school is early ninties. NWA, WuTang clan, Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube. Public Enemy. good stuff.  

blitz789

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:33 pm
im a hip hop head though rap has changed over the yrs i love it all the same i mean its different stuff for different people as long as t he beat is hot i could give a left rat foot for what the words are  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:06 am
i love old school rap, but i dont mind the new rap  

peachsnapz

The Goddess Eclaire

14,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:30 am
I would rather not listen to rap at all, but if I had to...defiantly old school.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:25 pm
A little of both. I don't mind pimpin' ain't easy lyrics that much. Didn't rap like that spring up pretty much from the free style rap battles, where you rap about how awesome you are and diss the other guy? I could see that evolving into bragging about how much women and money and things you got.

I still agree, though, that s**t can get pretty old pretty fast. Rap about real issues is much better.  

Professor Grundy

Tipsy Codger

Quixilver05

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:56 pm
MHHornfreak
I liked it back when rap had a real message, not just singing about fake hustling and how much money that have.

second!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:21 pm
I like all kinds of rap music. smile  

grapeseed

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:41 pm
Quixilver05
MHHornfreak

second!

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:27 pm
I, personally, don't consider rap "music"
-shot-  

freaxy
Crew

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 pm
Marosa Bog
A little of both. I don't mind pimpin' ain't easy lyrics that much. Didn't rap like that spring up pretty much from the free style rap battles, where you rap about how awesome you are and diss the other guy? I could see that evolving into bragging about how much women and money and things you got.

I still agree, though, that s**t can get pretty old pretty fast. Rap about real issues is much better.

all that stuff that they are rapping about now is what sells its all about getting that double platinum maybe even diamond record nowadays so if slapping pimps and robbing hoes while break dancing on the hood of a nuns car is gonna make hard cash then im sure someone is gonna have a rap and a new dance to go with it
the music industry in general is about hustling
shoot rap is just the same as country music they talk about the same things just in different ways and so does punk reggae and other music you just have to sit down and listen  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff