Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Kabluey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HakimsRazor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 am
Excellent dark comedy!! I'm so not a fan of Lisa Kudrow but this movie was hiralrious. I'm sure it's not the movie for everyone but I thought it was great. If you like dark comedies, check it out!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:20 am
Umm i havent herd of it but thats the name of a sweet that turns ur tongue blue here..
And Lisa Kudrow isnt an actor i perfer either... whats a dark comedy?  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

HakimsRazor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 am
Dark Comedy is a sub-genre of comedy and satire where topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo (such as death, rape, murder, extra marital affair, human annihilation or domestic violence) are treated in a satirical or humorous manner.

This movie is on the lighter side of dark comedy, I'd say. No one gets killed and it ends on a happier note.

oddly enough, one of the characters dresses up in this weird cartoon like suit and he's all blue.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 am
It's playing at my local independent theatre this week, so I'm going to check it out.  

Quixotic Faye

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:09 pm
well i dont see how rape could be pretrayed as funny.. but yeah i get ya with the rest biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am
It was cute, and a bit funny. I wasn't as good as I'd hoped. It was aiming for poignancy, and I felt like it didn't quite reach it. Lisa Kudrow and Scott Prendergast were good. And the kid who played Cameron was really good with his "I am going to kill you." line.

Also, I know plopping Salman-as-Kabluey on the edge of a road next to a cornfield was supposed to be funny, but who in their right mind would think that's a good place to hand out flyers?  

Quixotic Faye

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff