Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 pm
Pookynators Mom
I enjoyed the Thundercats!! biggrin

Thundercats ! Those were the good ol' days in cartoons.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:05 pm
i know its been mentions but your forgot the gundams gonk wing my my toonami fav. midnight run was the best. i believe big O and outlaw star also ran on toonami, and a few other misc anime. 'twards the then it all kinda went to s**t though =/  

ShinnyNeko

Suede_Shoes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 pm
It taught me patience. One word: backtracking. In Dragonball Z, I watched the same five episodes of a single fight maybe 3 time before they wrapped up the saga. It's why I laugh at the riddle that asks: How many episodes of Dragonball Z does it take to screw in a light bulb? 11, five to talk about it, five to actually do it, and one to celebrate it. I kinda wonder how to phrase it if Toonami got a hold of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:47 am
my experience with toonanmie was not very deep but I did tune during the days of salior moon. from salior moon I have grown to be obessed with anime and salior moon led to wedding peach. RIP toonamie.  

Gothic Star28

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:27 pm
awwww i miss toonami when they showed anime crying  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:39 pm
true but now they changed toonami and added new shows that are stupid but i rather that they kept it like it was when it first started out in cartoon network....  

Kind Akito

Noble Saint

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cezare Veidt

Shy Sex Symbol

9,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:26 pm
It looks like I won't miss much when my cable is gone.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:11 pm
Hmm... seeing so many votes for the super-Americanized and super-bowlderized and super-censored Sailor Moon dub makes me sad. But that's just me. I won't try to speak for anybody else. ^^;  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Vaidurya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:36 pm
Mrs_Black_Bear
So, Discuss:
What did toonami bring to you - Adventure, a kickass virtual world dream, relaxation, dreams that the world some day be like it was portraid in some of the happy cartoons.
What your favorite Toonami show was - Johny Quest bring him back crying crying crying
What do you remember about CN when it was STILL GOOD.
Johny quest, thunder cats, curse of the black waters, captain planet, Ahhh Real monsters, Doug, I miss my CN!

Uh.. I'm pretty sure that Ahhh Real Monsters and Doug were part of the Snick line-up on Nickelodeon (an MTV company, not a Hannah Barbara company). Johnny Quest, Captain Planet, and Thundercats are now aired on Boomerang instead, and Pirates of Dark Water is pretty much impossible to find.. though I have an Mp3 of the themesong somewhere, and have used it as a cellphone ringtone. Aah, good times.

For me, I miss Ronin Warriors, Voltron, and there was one with five kids who wore suits with beak-like visors.. Don't remember the name of it, but when I was little, I was glued to it.

Never much liked Sailor Moon, the plot inconsistencies always found a bad taste in my mouth, while DBZ was a bit too childish and repetitive. Two episodes of storyline, then eight of straight fighting. Nothing else. Oh, and no blood. Even when the person would have been completely blasted apart, they were whole and hale! Save a scratch or bruise, of course.. Pfft.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:39 pm
Vaidurya
Never much liked Sailor Moon, the plot inconsistencies always found a bad taste in my mouth, while DBZ was a bit too childish and repetitive. Two episodes of storyline, then eight of straight fighting. Nothing else. Oh, and no blood. Even when the person would have been completely blasted apart, they were whole and hale! Save a scratch or bruise, of course.. Pfft.

Watch DBZ uncut and uncensored in Japanese with subtitles. It's a completely different experience.

And Sailor Moon was both bowdlerized and Americanized.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Cas3ti3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:12 pm
I love some the anime I started watching on abult swim. The were some of the best and now will I watch bleach and some others. As of now it reallly sucks and I don't really want to watch biggest part of the show now.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:18 am
Man...

I can't even remember all the good stuff Toonami brought me.

Ronin Warriors, Gatchaman(AKA Battle of The Planets/G-Force), Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, Superman/Batman/Justice League/JLU/Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, Gundam, Robotech, Mega Man, Megas XLR, DB/DBZ, Voltron, He-Man and the Masters of The Universe, Big O, and Samurai Jack....

emo

I'll just say this right now though, Naruto killed Toonami. stare  

metalmariogc

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Boudica Celtic Queen

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:38 pm
Danamii
so no more toonami? i wonder what CN is gonna do to replace that? does that mean that our loyal rabid naruto fans who can only see naruto on that channel go nuts and try to take over the world? it happened before, yeah, when they too off heros... but that's back now. wink

User Image

Found! 4laugh  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas