Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:34 pm
Dose anyone have a good cure for a stiff neck other then a hot water bottle?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm
Anyone help?  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chachere

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm
my parents use this thing filled with beads that they can put in the microwave and it wraps around the neck. drugs work too of course.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:56 pm
Aye thanks. Wish I knew how I got such a stiff neck though.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

charamath

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:02 pm
I know how you feel. I have to go to chiropractor for my neck (fused vertebrae). Try flexing it while massaging the muscles. Excedrin helps. Those goofy vibrating massagers actually help too.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:08 pm
charamath
I know how you feel. I have to go to chiropractor for my neck (fused vertebrae). Try flexing it while massaging the muscles. Excedrin helps. Those goofy vibrating massagers actually help too.
Thank you for the tip. I hope I can get ride of this thing soon. I am in the middle of trying to get a new job and last thing I need is a stiff neck slowing me down.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:10 pm
You don't have new bed pillows do you???I got a stiff neck when I bought new pillows, they were so much firmer and thicker than my old ones. Aspirin is a good pain reliever.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:14 am
More Cowbell.

Just kidding, Anyway, I usually just roll my head around on my shoulders or lie flat on my back on the floor for a little while, my fiancee says popping her neck also help (But I cant recommend doing that for fear of someone breaking their neck).  

KaleKatsura

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:17 am
Sounds like stress of the new job could also be contributing to it as well?

I would recommend grabbing some Advil (anti-inflamatory and pain reducing), step into a nice hot shower, allow the water to spray on your neck, shoulders and back.

As the water is hitting you, slowly rotate your head to the left and right, slowly roll your head forward and in a clock-wise to counter clock-wise motion, slowly turn/tilt your head around. This will help open up areas that are tighter than others to feel the heat of the water.

If you find that after a couple of days doing this, if it still is in full force, I would consider talking with your physician and get it checked...

it sounds stress - related  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:33 am
I don't have any more stiff necks since I closed by windows at night. Maybe you are sleeping in a draft.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 am
The only thing that I can think is a nice, hot shower.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 am
Alexandretta
Sounds like stress of the new job could also be contributing to it as well?

I would recommend grabbing some Advil (anti-inflamatory and pain reducing), step into a nice hot shower, allow the water to spray on your neck, shoulders and back.

As the water is hitting you, slowly rotate your head to the left and right, slowly roll your head forward and in a clock-wise to counter clock-wise motion, slowly turn/tilt your head around. This will help open up areas that are tighter than others to feel the heat of the water.

If you find that after a couple of days doing this, if it still is in full force, I would consider talking with your physician and get it checked...

it sounds stress - related
Do got to admit I am stressed out with trying to find a job so maybe you are right it is just stress.  

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheHellDevil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:08 am
Neck exercises every few hours, maybe?
Roll your head around in a clockwise direction, and then counter-clockwise.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 am
Chiropractors = life savors haha well in my oppinion i would see one of them if you can your neck may be out of alingment.

If you cant some other sugestions are a nice hot bath with calgon bath crystal things in it, it has a relaxing aroma and is meant to realease muscle tension.

If you have any type of Lavender prodoct or even the plant in the house, the Lavender helps to relax body and mind use it its wonderfull, if you have the oil rub it on the neck

if you have s/o have them give you a good rub down with some ky tingle or other type of oil that would work well with massage.

get massage thingy and rub it along neck.  

Mrs_Black_Bear

walkingundine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 am
I have a bit of fabric sewn into a pouch filled with uncooked rice. Pop that in the microwave for a few minutes and it'll do a world of good.

Otherwise- consider some ibuprofen and then just give it time. Neck and back injuries can take days to get better.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff