Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:24 am
pretty hate machine

The sad thing is, most schools have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying. Kids can get help if they feel they are being bullied, just so situations like these don't happen anymore, but unfortunately not a lot of kids use these systems to get help.

Hang on a mo' while I laugh bitterly for about 20 minutes.
Okay, I'm good.

I've yet to see a school that actually has a good system for dealing with bullies. For the first half of my 9th grade year, I was tormented constantly by several classmates, from getting the rest of the class to call me a lesbian to trying to knock me down a flight of stairs. I actually went to my school counselor. She talked to said bullies. To no one's surprise, they proceeded to deny the whole thing.
GUESS WHO THE COUNSELOR BELIEVED?

So maybe some places take bullying seriously, but I don't see any in my area. (And, yes, I am more then a little sore about the subject).

Also, I have never been so furious at fellow 'followers' of my religion as I have when two 'Christian' groups managed to stop a bill from passing that would actually create consequences for bullying, because it would "advance homosexual agendas", as it included gay/lesbian students under the protected.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 am
I feel like laughing too. And cursing quite a bit at the same time.

Zero tolerance policy towards bullying? No. That just doesn't exist anywhere. Its just sweet talk and believe me, more often that offered 'help' turns against the bullied person.

I could tell more than ten life stories that has been told directly to me by a bullied person who did not get help or wasn't even taken seriously when trying to solve problem. In most cases, including my own, attempt to get responsible people to stop or punished by teachers turned to revenge against the bullied one. There is even teachers that rather turn the blind eye than do nothing that might get their hands dirty if bullied student/student's parents is/are someone they don't particularly like.

Yeah, right, kids have skirmish all the time, its normal, don't mind it, they don't really mean it, teasing means that they like you, have you talked to them... Blah blah. I'm even blamed causing my years lasting torment myself. stare

Just a short note, shooter at Kauhajoki wasn't bullied or introvert so I take that conversation has moved to more general level.  

Veddhartha

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 pm
People need God  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:25 pm
I believe the problems that all children have can be traced back to their parent/s.

A lot of violent and angry children I knew growing up, (including my brother) was due to lack of interest in their lives from their parents.

If you don't know your very own flesh and blood is thinking about taking a weapon and using it to take a life, then you don't deserve to have that child. Instead of blaming video games, music and movies, blame the ones who are supposed to be looking after them.

I don't have children of my own, but this is a choice right now because I know I'm not selfless enough to have one yet. I'm so sick of people bringing children into this life, then getting tired of them and cast them away or ignore them to the point where the child feels they have no one in the world to trust or to talk to.

It does NOT take a village to raise a child. It takes a strong parent to stand up and tell the child "no." All children look to their elders for comfort and advice, so if those "superiors" aren't taking enough action and resposibility to care what that child is up to, then those parents deserve to reap what they sew. (i.e. disgrace, sadness and loss for what their failure has created.)

But in the end, it is the victims of these creations that really lose out.  

Kisaki Kitsune-Hi

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 pm
Every child needs at least one adult who loves them enough to hug them every day, teach them right from wrong, enforce consequences, and help them make good decisions.

Putting all that on just one adult is pretty heavy; I've signed up for the village approach, and it's working for us. By the way, God doesn't raise kids; people do. I think of myself as a conduit for God's love for my family (and sometimes others), but God can't rescue a kid with bad parents; only the village can do that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:21 pm
My High School years were fked up too -but they were nothing compared to how absolutely screwed kids in school today are. One for instance -today bullies follow kids around on the internet and ******** with them through myspace, etc.

I'm honestly surprised we don't have more school shootings, if you want the god's truth.
Karill

Also, I have never been so furious at fellow 'followers' of my religion as I have when two 'Christian' groups managed to stop a bill from passing that would actually create consequences for bullying, because it would "advance homosexual agendas", as it included gay/lesbian students under the protected.
Goes to show what their priorities lie, doesn't it? eek  

Corbin Noir

-Stumblefoot-
Crew

Timid Punk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:52 pm
Yes acsesability to weapons is the main reason why these high school shootings are happening more frequently, bullying hasnt really got worse or better over the years. Parents may or may not be the responsible for there kids actions, a parent can be attentative and caring to there child all there life, only to find there kids turn away from them in there teens because of drugs and peer presure.
What realy makes a kid go sociapathic and pic off school mates with a rifel randomly? do they have a personal vendeta againsed every one they shoot?
Mental illness can be bought on by a number of factors but drugs are usualy behind most violent acts. I had issues with my parents, people in my class and some teachers. but if I had gone over the edge and wanted them all dead im sure I would of only picked off the ones who I hated.
When someone starts killing any one in there sight its a sign that they hate the whole system in general.
At the end of the day its a ******** up greedy selfish culture that we live in and that is probably more to blame for mental illness than anything else!
How can a lion lay down with the lamb when he knowes the lamb has been taught to sell his future out at the first oppertunity for a dollar?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:08 pm
What people who are bullied are thinking typically reflects how they are being treated at home, school, work, and play.

At the writing center where I work as a tutor, we have been warned to watch for students who seem down, hurried, depressed, or anything aside from confident and somewhat happy. We are told to care for them and explain to them what our college has avalible.

As someone who was bullied up until the day she graduated from high school, I can tell you that it's not fun. There are days when you think of revenge. There are days when you cry and wish no one would bother you. There are times when you want to fight back, and hurt...and times you wish to give up.

I think those who have shot their classmates were the ones who finally gave up, and decided to take people with them, making them be remembered as someone to be feared, not laughed at.

Even with that...-shakes her head- I'm with everyone in not truly knowing what goes through a shooter's mind...for he or she alone knows it.  

Patron with a Mission

Venuslady

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 am
Serenity Celestial
People need God

LOL people don't need "gawd".... people who are bullies I think need a good swift kick in the buttside! Don't EVEN get me started about my HS years. I was TORMENTED day in and day out.... It's no excuse to go shooting up the place, true, but I have to turn around and say THAT THE BULLIES DON'T NEED TO BE BULLIES! Sheesh, gimme a break. When you're in High School, you're nearly an ADULT and should KNOW BETTER. I agree with a zero-tolerance policy, but do they actually do it? No. As you can tell this is a topic that gets my Irish up. The jerky school admin's need to QUIT believeing and pampering the bullies and HELP the kid on the receiving end.

Sorry about the rant folks, but I think enough is enough....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 am
To a original matter. Here in Finland are little resources to take care all young people who doesn't have their minds at balance.

Sad thing also is, that shooter was interviewed by police shortly before the shooting happened. They didn't take then his guns away even if there was enough reasons to do so. A miscalculation by an officer. And I hope that doesn't rise flaming comments. No one here is wanting him hanged.

This is just a reminder of how things are not so clear to see and simple. And there is constant urge to let my blood boil too, for several varying reasons, one being that I used to go school at same town, so I tried to be blunt and not really bring up much more conversation. stare

People who are left with their loss need God. Those who has trouble with their mental health need at fist different kind of help, I'm afraid. Then there may be room for religion.  

Veddhartha

Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces