Reply Serious Conversations
WALL STREET "BAILOUT" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:52 pm
I'm glad it passed. Most people opposing it that I've talked to truely have no fricken clue what it actually is. They think it's just giving money to the big guys. What they don't know is that part of the deal is that the 'big guys' lose their jobs, and their companies are in debt to the government for 30% interest the moment they turn a profit. This is to prevent what happened during the Great Depression, where a bunch of big businesses took advatange of the choas to buy out everyone and create a monopoly where no one could get a loan. IDK about you, but I need a student loan, and I don't want to have to sell my liver to get one.

Once this takes effect, any inflation caused is erased by the interest. It may be drastic and iffy, but in all honesty, I don't see any other way working. Everyone bitches that the money should go to the average joe- but let me ask you- in this economy what would that average joe do? He'd pocket the money instantly out of fear and never re-invest it. And also, think twice before pinning it all on Bush, it just shows how little an effort has been invested in doing something other then pointing fingers instantly. Much of this is left-over from Clinton's mess (which had us in a recession that Bush pulled us out of, mind you) and much of this didn't start until our party majority switched in the House and Senate.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:15 pm
It's along the same vein of balancing the budget on the low-income taxpayers back ~ not a big surprise there... The top dogs get out of a failed company and how much did they get in separation packages... and now my tax$$$ should bail them out... I didn't borrow more $ than I make for a house that was more house than I needed in the first place.... GAH crying

Yes, Charamath ~ this has been coming on for a while now... and multiple people have ownership of it... However, as the Average Joe/Jill... I'm a little tired of being fiscally responsible with my own budget and doing without, only to see my taxes get jacked up again for those who aren't...

*Meanders off to stick a fork in my eye ~ it will hurt less*  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:20 pm
charamath
I'm glad it passed. Most people opposing it that I've talked to truely have no fricken clue what it actually is. They think it's just giving money to the big guys. What they don't know is that part of the deal is that the 'big guys' lose their jobs, and their companies are in debt to the government for 30% interest the moment they turn a profit. This is to prevent what happened during the Great Depression, where a bunch of big businesses took advatange of the choas to buy out everyone and create a monopoly where no one could get a loan. IDK about you, but I need a student loan, and I don't want to have to sell my liver to get one.

Once this takes effect, any inflation caused is erased by the interest. It may be drastic and iffy, but in all honesty, I don't see any other way working. Everyone bitches that the money should go to the average joe- but let me ask you- in this economy what would that average joe do? He'd pocket the money instantly out of fear and never re-invest it. And also, think twice before pinning it all on Bush, it just shows how little an effort has been invested in doing something other then pointing fingers instantly. Much of this is left-over from Clinton's mess (which had us in a recession that Bush pulled us out of, mind you) and much of this didn't start until our party majority switched in the House and Senate.

Aye, but now I'm really confused....
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0915/p16s03-wmgn.html  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:48 pm
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09192008/watch2.html  

squazilla

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm
charamath

That's kinda like saying that the hole in the ozone layer will be cancelled out by increased smog, isn't it?

And may I point out that "Clinton's Mess," as you put it, was actually a prosperous economy with a stable interest rate and the first surplus our country's budget had garnered in years.

Actually, both Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. plunged this country into recessions. I don't really mind thinking twice about pointing that finger because I can remember it. I also remember things improving under Clinton and having a good job under Clinton. As opposed to, for instance, right now. Or for the last five years.

May I also point out that a bunch of big businesses, Chase being the most galling example, are buying smaller concerns which have benefited consumers for the past decade or so.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:10 am
Violent-Squirrel
Let this be a lesson to all countries. Next time your President starts a fake war and rigs an election to get back in power, KILL HIM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I blame the Idiots of America...You know who you are! As for the bailout. Screw the corprate world!

No friggin doubt.  

Under Korpens Vinger

Under Korpens Vinger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 am
Harbone
charamath

That's kinda like saying that the hole in the ozone layer will be cancelled out by increased smog, isn't it?

And may I point out that "Clinton's Mess," as you put it, was actually a prosperous economy with a stable interest rate and the first surplus our country's budget had garnered in years.

Actually, both Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. plunged this country into recessions. I don't really mind thinking twice about pointing that finger because I can remember it. I also remember things improving under Clinton and having a good job under Clinton. As opposed to, for instance, right now. Or for the last five years.

May I also point out that a bunch of big businesses, Chase being the most galling example, are buying smaller concerns which have benefited consumers for the past decade or so.

Harbone is correct. And Charamath you seriously need to get your shat straight..  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am
everyone should read Kevin Phillips new book , it kinda puts everything into perspective and to be quite frank this problem has been a long time comming since Reagan.  

Folgor

Shuyajin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:07 am
Can you say goodbye to America?

Because we are following the road to Rome.

Goodbye America.

You ******** up verison of a good idea you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:01 pm
Quote:
Can you say goodbye to America?

Because we are following the road to Rome.

Goodbye America.

You ******** up verison of a good idea you.

don't be naive. Rome had a FAR different road, and if we are following Rome's path it will be far worst for the world cause we will truly become an empire, please don't make dumb comments <3.  

Folgor

charamath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm
Under Korpens Vinger
Harbone
charamath

Harbone is correct. And Charamath you seriously need to get your shat straight..

I'll keep my 'shat' just where it is, thank you. If no one can remember that Bush inherited a economy in recession from Clinton, that's their problem. I prefer to not let the liberal media make my decisions for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 pm
The economy is just following a hard core reaction; I have been waiting for this all year. The bad decisions have been piling up for the last two years. It's probably not the time to point fingers. But look to the house finance committee for blame; lack of controls started this snowball. Throwing money at it will make no difference. For those like me this week would be the time to start buying all those companies with more than a 35% decline and 4 % yield......Toad mrgreen  

Evil Green Toad

Wealthy Bilge rat

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:12 pm
For someone like me it's a reminder that I wasted 4 years in college.
Stupid! Why didn't I get a technical degree?!? I got a 3 on the AP Calculus exam for goodness sake! I mean that's not brilliant, but it might have got me something better than day labor! AAAARGH!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:20 pm
Wow, Wall Street was hit hard to day closing less then 86,000. I remember when growing up it was at 65.000-75,000 for a long time. I think that the economy to turning in on itself.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 pm
How about some of you guys read what's in the NY papers. Some big wigs from AIG already wasted 500g on a frickin getaway. Apparently, they've been planning this for a while too. So tell me, how is this bailout benifiting anyone besides these jacka$$e$?  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff