Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:45 pm
User Image

Lets all vote Obama in and get rid of the American flag and make a new flag like he designed after all every one likes burning our flag, O Yeah. Allah be praised.

If you think I want a new flag for our country your very very wrong and anybody who does not salute our flag is not a very good representative of our country. By the way Allah is God in more languages then Islam.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:27 am
Lucky Lass 38
I read a book called "The Real John McCain" and it enough to make your skin crawl. He is a hypocrite and a liar. He will do and say anything to get into office. The last 8 years of Republican Rule have been a nightmare for my country and I would put Godzilla in the White House before McCain.
Fortunately, there is Obama, a brilliant Harvard Graduate (magna c** laude). McCain graduated 954th out of a class of 959 and he laughs about it. He has voted for the Bush policies that have ruined America. We are on the brink of bankruptcy, the middle class is suffering, 47 million people are without health care, our status as a world leader has declined, etc. John McCain has been in Washington all those years and has voted with the failed Bush policies over 90% of the time. He is too old for the Presidency and can't even use a computer. How does he expect to lead us into the 21st century?
As for "hockey mom" Palin, she is a loud mouth, trash talking, right wing zealot. She mispronounces words ( pundint, verbage), says she has foreign policy experience because she can "see Russia from Alaska". She is under investigation for abuse of power which the Republicans are trying to stall. In short, a complete ditz.
Go to My.BarackObama.com and click on Issues. There you will see what an intelligent, thoughtful, refined individual wants for America! Obama '08 !

I have nothing to say expect GO GIRL!  

Sliverbolt

BlueberryJoy

High-functioning Cutesmasher

12,475 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:27 pm
You don't want me going here, cause...I have an opinion, and it's a loud one. mrgreen In the interest of keeping things...well, however 'civil' they are on this thread, I'll just be on my way. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:32 pm
charamath
I Ceymore Ratz
I have never liked David Letterman, but this just moved him up a notch or two in my mind.

David Letterman wrote this it's the David we don't often see...

' As most of you know I am not a President Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it seems to hit the mark 'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some Poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right? The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change. So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What are we so unhappy about?''

A.. Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?
B.. Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter?
C.. Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?
D.. Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfurhas seen in the last year?
E.. Maybe it is the ability to drive our cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state?
F.. Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?
G.. I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough either.
H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.
I.. Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home.
J.. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames, thus saving you, your family, and your belongings.
K.. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you
and your family against attack or loss.
L.. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.
M.. How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are
the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67% of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S., yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me?

Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the
good things and be glad? Think about it......are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the 'Media' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day. Make no mistake about it.

The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than honorable'' discharge or, worst-case scenario, a ''dishonorable' ' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?

Say what you want but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells, and when criticized, try to defend their actions by 'justifying' them in one way or another Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way......Insane!

Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.' 'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

David Letterman

Oh, I like that!

Exactly. The truth is the truth.  

sunsetsmile

immabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 am
I Ceymore Ratz
I have never liked David Letterman, but this just moved him up a notch or two in my mind.

David Letterman wrote this it's the David we don't often see...

' As most of you know I am not a President Bush fan, nor have I ever been, but this is not about Bush, it is about us, as Americans, and it seems to hit the mark 'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some Poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true given the source, right? The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence 2/3 of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change. So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, 'What are we so unhappy about?''

A.. Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week?
B.. Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter?
C.. Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?
D.. Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time and see more food in moments than Darfurhas seen in the last year?
E.. Maybe it is the ability to drive our cars and trucks from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state?
F.. Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?
G.. I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough either.
H. Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and provide services to help all and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.
I.. Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home.
J.. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames, thus saving you, your family, and your belongings.
K.. Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes, an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you
and your family against attack or loss.
L.. This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90% of teenagers own cell phones and computers.
M.. How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are
the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67% of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S., yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have, and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The president who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same president who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The president that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks? The commander in chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me?

Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the
good things and be glad? Think about it......are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the 'Media' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day. Make no mistake about it.

The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go. They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ''general'' discharge, an 'other than honorable'' discharge or, worst-case scenario, a ''dishonorable' ' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans?

Say what you want but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds it leads and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells, and when criticized, try to defend their actions by 'justifying' them in one way or another Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way......Insane!

Turn off the TV, burn Newsweek, and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as country. There is exponentially more good than bad. We are among the most blessed people on Earth and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.' 'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

David Letterman

i'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the absurdly wealthy TV show host. i think it's perfectly possible for one to be grateful for the things that one does have while still seeking direction change for their environment. just because we have cheeseburgers and DVDs doesn't mean that our elected officials are working for our best interest.

i do agree with the appreciation he has for the troops and their sacrifices for our country. i feel that many, many soldiers have been wounded (physically or mentally) and killed for a war that should not have been started.

"I know, I know. What about the president who took us into war and has no plan to get us out?" every American citizen should be asking this question, frankly. if we do not hold our elected officials responsible for their decisions then this is not a Democracy (or a Republic, i guess). it is not un-American to demand these anwers and to seek change in unacceptable behavior in our government - it's the very thing that makes us what we are.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 am
*sigh* Does no one remember 9-11? How did that not justify starting this war? It may have gone in directions it shouldn't have, but there's a damn good reason it was started! If not, who knows what carnage would have been caused by extremist spurred on by our lack of retaliation.  

charamath

immabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:07 pm
charamath
*sigh* Does no one remember 9-11? How did that not justify starting this war? It may have gone in directions it shouldn't have, but there's a damn good reason it was started! If not, who knows what carnage would have been caused by extremist spurred on by our lack of retaliation.

since none of the hijackers were from Iraq, i fail to see how it was a suitable reason for going to war.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:14 pm
immabee
charamath

since none of the hijackers were from Iraq, i fail to see how it was a suitable reason for going to war.

Germany didn't bomb Pearl Harbor either.  

charamath

immabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:39 pm
charamath
immabee
charamath

the United States entering a conflict that had already been going on for some time and had official players that were openly declared as allies is not analogous to the US going to war with a country that had no connection to an attack on our soil by claiming that they had weapons and influence that it did not have. you are aware that the bulk of Al Qaeda's intelligence is centered in Pakistan, a country McCain has repeatedly said he would not intrude upon, correct?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:07 pm
immabee
charamath
immabee
charamath

the United States entering a conflict that had already been going on for some time and had official players that were openly declared as allies is not analogous to the US going to war with a country that had no connection to an attack on our soil by claiming that they had weapons and influence that it did not have. you are aware that the bulk of Al Qaeda's intelligence is centered in Pakistan, a country McCain has repeatedly said he would not intrude upon, correct?

No connection? Iraq was/is a very strong suppourter of Al Qaeda. Just because the world didn't give a damn about their issues before to broadcast who was helping who doesn't mean they weren't involved. By this reasoning, I could go to Canada, find a couple of idiots, fund them, equip them, train them and nearly brain wash them; send them to Mexico to blow up some very public place, and as long as I'm not Canadian also I can get away with it? Or if some French guy was more involved then I, once again I should escape blame because he, being bigger, should take it all?  

charamath

immabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:28 pm
charamath
immabee
charamath
immabee
charamath

No connection? Iraq was/is a very strong suppourter of Al Qaeda. Just because the world didn't give a damn about their issues before to broadcast who was helping who doesn't mean they weren't involved. By this reasoning, I could go to Canada, find a couple of idiots, fund them, equip them, train them and nearly brain wash them; send them to Mexico to blow up some very public place, and as long as I'm not Canadian also I can get away with it? Or if some French guy was more involved then I, once again I should escape blame because he, being bigger, should take it all?

Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda not linked, Pentagon says

again, why is going to war with Iraq, with no al Qaeda ties, acceptable while Pakistan is ignored?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:48 pm
charamath
immabee
charamath
immabee
charamath

By the logic currently in place Charamath, not only could you get away with it but Mexico would attack Canada and your country wouldnt get anything but a stern warning.
Okay, so now that we've attacked Iraq, can someone explain where Osama bin Laden is? He was the mastermind of the actual attack correct? So why is it that we got Saddam and not him? Not that Saddam didnt deserve it but still...

And while I agree with the general idea of Dave Letterman's letter/speech/whatever... it doesn't make me any less american or ungrateful because I think the current administration is infested with idiots. My problem and I'm sure a good portion of the american people who are discontent, isn't american government as a whole but american government in the hands of the corrupt, greedy, and/or misguided. The writers of the bill of rights, constitution, and declaration of independence took the freedom to not only be discontent and say so and gave it to the rest of us as well. So if I'm not happy, I'm going to make some noise and me and Dave Letterman will just have to agree to disagree.  

Lady_Niqui

charamath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 pm
Ah, good old CNN. Except it's forgetting how they're housing Al Qaeda leaders like Abu Masri, or the WMDs found:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

Iraq is full of places to hide weapons. I have little doubt we'll still be finding caches of Hussein's weaponry ten years from now.

Ah, this one wants to make me withdraw the troops alright:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200244,00.html

BTW, I'm not disagreeing that Pakistan doesn't deserve it too, I'm just saying Iraq shouldn't be ignored in this.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 pm
Lady_Niqui
charamath
immabee
charamath
immabee
charamath

By the logic currently in place Charamath, not only could you get away with it but Mexico would attack Canada and your country wouldnt get anything but a stern warning.
Okay, so now that we've attacked Iraq, can someone explain where Osama bin Laden is? He was the mastermind of the actual attack correct? So why is it that we got Saddam and not him? Not that Saddam didnt deserve it but still...

And while I agree with the general idea of Dave Letterman's letter/speech/whatever... it doesn't make me any less american or ungrateful because I think the current administration is infested with idiots. My problem and I'm sure a good portion of the american people who are discontent, isn't american government as a whole but american government in the hands of the corrupt, greedy, and/or misguided. The writers of the bill of rights, constitution, and declaration of independence took the freedom to not only be discontent and say so and gave it to the rest of us as well. So if I'm not happy, I'm going to make some noise and me and Dave Letterman will just have to agree to disagree.

I really think Osama is dead. I believe he has been for a while. When you step back and look at it, we went in to put an end to the 'destroy Americans' mindset, not just Osama. Hussein was a MUCH bigger fish in that way them Osama. Osama just caught us unawares.  

charamath

immabee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:45 pm
charamath
Ah, good old CNN. Except it's forgetting how they're housing Al Qaeda leaders like Abu Masri, or the WMDs found:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

Iraq is full of places to hide weapons. I have little doubt we'll still be finding caches of Hussein's weaponry ten years from now.

Ah, this one wants to make me withdraw the troops alright:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200244,00.html

BTW, I'm not disagreeing that Pakistan doesn't deserve it too, I'm just saying Iraq shouldn't be ignored in this.

so, an official Pentagon report (linked in the CNN article) is just "good old CNN", but Fox News is unbiased fact? interesting.

now that we've gone to war in Iraq, how has the "destroy Americans" sentiment died down? it hasn't - most likely increased due to our intrusion and sloppy conduct in the Middle East. there is never going to be a time when we can raise a big flag and say "yay, we got all the terrorists! nobody hates America anymore!" that's absurd.

you can slice it any way that you'd like, it doesn't change the basic concept that we as a country were misled about Iraq's involvment in 9/11 and their WMD capabilities before the war was declared. i cannot in good conscience vote for a man that not only supported it then but supports it now. and that does not make me any less of a devoted American, no matter what David Letterman has to say about it.

edit: just wanted to point out that the stories you linked are two years older than the article i posted, so have little weight as counter-points to the Pentagon report.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff