Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Is The Lord of the Rings a dead Movie? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's your favorite character?
  Frodo
  Sam
  Merry
  Pippin
  Legolas
  Aregorn
  Gimli
  Boramir
  Gandelf
  Golum
View Results

dwnmstrsn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:13 pm
I LOVE The Lord of the Rings with all my heart even though it's been so long since its been one of the top movies...
I want to know if there's anyone else out there that still loves it too... If you do or don't let me know! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 pm
Yep. Also they're making The Hobbit so IT WILL LIVE ON!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

knightofthe21stcentury

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:42 pm
I like lord of the rings, and as far as book adapted movies go, it's very good. Unfortunately, many adapted movies are not as good as the book.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm
i totally love the lord of the rings trilogy!!!!!! they will always be my favorite movies and i really think that they are a new classic. i think that peter jackson did such an amazing job directing them and i'm glad that he kept a fanstay feel about them. overall i think they were very will done and i think that they chose all the right actors for the parts! i'm super exicted for the hobbit , even though guillermo del toro is directing it instead of peter jackson . i guess at least peter jackson is producing the film, its better than nothing! XD  

x--stevee--x

Art_Lover_666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm
i love the lord of the rings one of my favorite movies. its not dead to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:19 am
The Lord of the Rings will never die! The movies are just as good as the books and the books are classics. If the books never die, than the movies will never die!  

Holy_Andraste

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:39 pm
x--stevee--x
i'm super exicted for the hobbit , even though guillermo del toro is directing it instead of peter jackson . i guess at least peter jackson is producing the film, its better than nothing! XD

Is it official that Del Toro will be directing The Hobbit? That would be epic win as long as he can keep it more in line with Pan's Labyrinth than Hellboy II.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 pm
I think the fact that there are so many epic movies with similar designs makes it seem not as unique. When it first came out, it was like nothing we've ever seen. Now, we see it all over the freaking place.

I still hold a special place in my heart for it. For it's time, it was cutting edge, and I loved the story line.

Too many epics spoils the genre.
IEditYourWorld  

IEditYourWorld

xXAngelxxForeverXx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:25 pm
Orlando Bloom is hot!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 pm
WOW, didn't know that they were making the HOBBIT. When is it projected to come out. I am so glad they arent waiting a LONG TIME like Star Wars...  

moncheech

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 pm
I want to reread Lord of the Rings, and I still haven't taken a day and watched all three extended versions in a row. It's a goal in life. razz

Legolas is my favorite character and yes I think he's sexy and all, but in my defense he was my favorite before I saw the films. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:13 pm
I have to 'fess up. I -still- haven't read the books.

I really should. x_x

But even though Lotr has come off the top lists of movies, I don't think it will ever die. They're one of those movie trilogies that everyone will have heard of even in 50 years time.

Doubtless someone will make another set when filming technology has changed again. But we'll all be old and be able to say "Ohhh, nothing beats the original trilogy!" and shake our canes at people.

Oh, and you missed my favourite character (Eowyn), so I'll have to got for Gandalf.  

Marcus McFlufferson

3 to 25 charactersWhoops

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:21 pm
I enjoy the movies when I first saw them and now when I try to re-watch them all I can think in my head is Kevin Smith pointing out that there all movies about walking  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:23 pm
I'll side with Clerks II on this one. I was seriously bored to death watching them and they really were just movies about walking. They just didn't interest me.  

MediaclCunt

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 am
They are the best trilogy ever, and by far the best adapted movies that I have ever seen. I can't wait for The Hobbit to come out! domokun  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff