A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
What do you think? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you remember how many Cash Shop updates we had this month?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
And your point is?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
oooh . . . I want a Jinxi . . .
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm
Is it fair that some of the best items on Gaia are ones you have to pay "real money" for? Or does it make more sense, considering the time, money, and energy moderators use to keep up the growing site? Some feel that the Monthly Collectibles and Holiday Events are slacking, but the Cash shop items, (and the Aquarium) are dominating the fun.

What are your opinions, older Gaians? Unlike the young 'uns, we with Paypal accounts are the ones who are choosing to enjoy Gaia out of our pocketbooks.

Original topic:
Tired of Paying Cash  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:00 pm
gaia went the money whoring route a while back. I've just come to expect it at this point. I never buy anything from the cash shop these days unless I'm really really hard up for gold.  

all_winters_eve

Jayza Wirekill

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:47 am
I agree Gaia has become more cash oriented. However to provide us with new stuff and pay for the work done to the site they do have to have some income. No one works for free...or do they? stare  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:48 am
I think it's OK, to a certain extent. You can always buy the cash items in marketplace for bunches of gold. That's what questing is all about.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:56 am
I think it's ok, we can buy them through the marketplace anyway. It makes me feel really down not being able to buy the other items though like alruna's rose and whatnot... gold is so hard to earn sigh...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:59 am
It's just cash .....what esle would you spend it on.  

Topaz Citrine

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:02 am
it's a good way for them to keep the site up! so it's ok *approves*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:01 am
blaugh Well they need money to keep this site up and running if no cash shop no income how to keep it going ? 3nodding  

Ruby_Knight X

Newbie Gaian

Jinnari Kisaragi

Divine Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:51 am
I think that, yeah...Gaia does need to shake a little cash out of us every once in a while. But what kind of bothers me is the huge difference between Cash Shop Items, Monthly Collectables, and regular Items. It's like they stopped caring about the Collectables and regular Items and just put all of their time and energy in squeezing a little more cash out of us. I mean...aquariums? Wha? I didn't think the gaian public as a whole was clamoring to watch pixiliated fish swim around. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 am
i think the aquariums are a load of crap.. i mean if i wanna spend irl money for fish that ARE GOING TO DIE, ima go hit up the pet store across the street from where i work.

to basically.... bills> pretend fish/cash shop  

ShinnyNeko

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 am
I think the worst thing about it is, they put the best items at such a high price that it keeps you buying more gaia cash to buy these items, and it's the same thing with prize and joy shop, you really have to have a lot of tickets to get anything of value. I realize it takes money to run the site, but just give us a break every once in a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:23 am
i usualy allow my self $5 a paycheck to Gaia, its my little fun for myself. and a little bit of green helps the site. granted they get a good amount from adverts... but hey. mrgreen  

Julien_Isfange

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:59 am
Well I do agree that Gaia needs real money to keep up it's operation. I find myself getting an item or two out the Cash Shop when they suits me. Like my Gimpi, when everyone was questing for a Alruna's Rose, Biancamella , or a Hermes' Moon I felt that the Gimpi was being ignored and got one unknowing what it was going to be.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:09 pm
I have no problem with the cash shop, but making the fish shop a second cash shop is just offensive.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items