A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
What do you think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you remember how many Cash Shop updates we had this month?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I can't even remember what I had for breakfast.
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
And your point is?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
oooh . . . I want a Jinxi . . .
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:38 pm
Pink Mint Tea
Kalisinclair2
I find it completely reasonable to expect to pay for some things on a fre site, especially when most things aren't over $9.99. I do feel some items are slacking, and too many are coming out too soon to justify buying as much as I normally would. Usually I see an item or 3, and covet them until payday and 'treat' myself. Now that there's like 10 things I want at once, I feel I've lost some of the magic and it just feels like retail sad

Maybe that's why I feel discontent. It's lost it's "magic" for me too. I didn't mind paying for items that I really wanted. But now I can't keep up!

I agree!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:33 am
I know, in the past even you didn't have cash, if you did alot on the site it almost equaled cash. Now, not a chance. Nothing against cash, something against noobs with money typing as if they own the place b/c if you look at their avi, and now "fish" apparently, they do.

I can't justify spending more than $10 a year for an internet site. It's just too much money. Oh well, I suppose that's what makes me a Geezer, I make my own money and am frugal as hell.  

bbydaeriel93

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:22 am
bbydaeriel93
I know, in the past even you didn't have cash, if you did alot on the site it almost equaled cash. Now, not a chance. Nothing against cash, something against noobs with money typing as if they own the place b/c if you look at their avi, and now "fish" apparently, they do.

I can't justify spending more than $10 a year for an internet site. It's just too much money. Oh well, I suppose that's what makes me a Geezer, I make my own money and am frugal as hell.

Frugal as hell is a VERY good thing. Im still paying 3.11/gal for gas, now that my daughter is in high school, now we have to pay for class dues, Band dues, uniform deposit dues, MORE fundraiser dues, expensive field trips... UGH...

If I purchase Gaia Cash, it will end up being a Stocking Stuffer at Christmas time, and then in June for her Birthday, but that is about it.

2.5 years left before she has to do it on her own.. and Ive already threatened her that if she becomes homeless because she spent her rent money on Gaia Cash, so help me god we are gonna have a problem! ROFLMAO!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 pm
Alexandretta
bbydaeriel93

Frugal as hell is a VERY good thing. Im still paying 3.11/gal for gas, now that my daughter is in high school, now we have to pay for class dues, Band dues, uniform deposit dues, MORE fundraiser dues, expensive field trips... UGH...

If I purchase Gaia Cash, it will end up being a Stocking Stuffer at Christmas time, and then in June for her Birthday, but that is about it.

2.5 years left before she has to do it on her own.. and Ive already threatened her that if she becomes homeless because she spent her rent money on Gaia Cash, so help me god we are gonna have a problem! ROFLMAO!

Rent money or Gaia Cash? What a question! XD  

Pink Mint Tea

ahalada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 pm
My husband's retired and I'm not working right now, so NO cash items for me. Maybe later if I get a part-time job and have my own money to spend I might splurge now and then.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:39 pm
I like the items I just dont have the money to spend on gaia so I work hard for them instead  

Mrs_Black_Bear

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:08 pm
They moved the original topic.
Here it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:24 pm
I'm only against the aquarium shop. I think the aquarium itself is cool but to have to pay rl cash for pixelated fishies us beyond lame.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

mizducky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:42 am
I noticed that they had a lot of cash shop updates this month too.

The Aquarium thing is a totally different story.
I think At LEAST the Fish should be buyable with gold and not cash.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 pm
I'm not against the cash in Gaia... they need it to keep the site running... but yeah to make the aquarium a cash shop? that is just abusive xd (juuuuust kidding) they could've make a it a gold shop and yeah make cash shop items.... I dont know.....  

Kiriad

Sugary Friend

24,790 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Catira Norr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:01 pm
I don't find many things that I really like in the cash shop, although some of the evolving items have been cute. I usually budget a max of $5 for MCs and sometimes if I don't like what's on offer I'll get some cash with it.

I've stopped getting wound up about the pixel stuff though, ever since I realized I can never get enough gold to keep up for items I'm questing since I can't get on often enough.

I do agree that aquariums should be cash or gold... and I guess housing died a death, since it's been ages since there were any updates there.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:29 pm
It doesn't bother me because I don't have a problem with going to the marketplace to buy stuff. I only buy stuff with cash if I want to make more gold...or I'm really excited bout something.

However, I have to mention I'm completely biased because my boyfriend works for Gaia, so more money for them means better job security for us ^^  

Kairi Misuhara

mizducky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:18 am
What is up with the latest cash shop update?

The majority of people on this site aren't even out of Jr. High (not voting age).

Gaia is generally a place get away from reality.
Why would anyone spend good money to have their avatar look like a politician?

I can only guess that this was a sponsored addition. Why else would they even try it?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:18 am
Pink Mint Tea
Is it fair that some of the best items on Gaia are ones you have to pay "real money" for? Or does it make more sense, considering the time, money, and energy moderators use to keep up the growing site? Some feel that the Monthly Collectibles and Holiday Events are slacking, but the Cash shop items, (and the Aquarium) are dominating the fun.

What are your opinions, older Gaians? Unlike the young 'uns, we with Paypal accounts are the ones who are choosing to enjoy Gaia out of our pocketbooks.

Original topic:
Tired of Paying Cash

Heck, I can't even GET into the damn cash shop! I think it would be great if they let the people who have a lot of gold turn it over into Gaia Cash! There's some things that I would like from the cash shop but can't get!  

Venuslady

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 pm
Gaia has many advertizers on the website that comes with a cost ...to pay Gaia air time on the website.....might want to think of that one.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff