Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
When I was your age, you had to walk 15 feet to the phone! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angry Kitsune

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 pm
eek How old ARE you people?! <.< I'm 24, but I ain't THAT old! My joints may creak when I walk and I may recall ---vividly!!!--- every episode of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues and Forever Knight, but I ain't as old as some of you make yourselves seem! >.< Thanks! I feel better about being a Gaian Geezer already! rofl 4laugh pirate burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:13 pm
the best gifts at christmas were the cardboard boxes that everything else came in blaugh  

jypsie-lady

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 pm
my first computer had the same interior capacity of an N64  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:26 am
Also, "Zaeyde?" Does Bubbe also have a Gaia account? wink  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:42 am
I'm trying to remember what we did in 1953 through 1958, let see we had this TV tube wrapped in a gold band that was on top of a box that looked like a computer laying flat and we watche Buck Rogers for 15 mins a night  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 am
I remember learning to program Turtle and Pascal as a kid.... gonk  

TheHellDevil

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:34 pm
Let's see..

I just remembered my first computer (if you can call them that), was a Tandy 64K Color-Computer 2... the OLD dot-matrix printer that would take FOREVER to print one page...

I remember 8-track players and having to hear "On top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed...." played over and over because my younger sister liked it.. and it drove me BONKERS!

I remember watching 'Captain Bob' on Saturday mornings at 5:30am to do his drawing lessons.. it was Channel 5 WCVB out of Boston.. GOD I loved that show!

Captain Kangaroo was the show we ALWAYS had to watch before grabbing the bus.

Remember Romper Room? Jim Carrey got his start on that show as a teenager... I remembered he was such a goofball!

OHHHH.... Watching "The Bloodhound Gang" with the cool bloodhound dog! And the kids with afro-hair so big you'd swear that was their stunt-mats! LOL

And.. I remember watching "Nova", "In Search of", Classic Dr Who with Tom Baker and Peter Davidson.... I had such a crush on Peter Davidson... it was innocent I promise! LOL K9 WAS COOL! I still remember hiding under the blankets when the "Master" would do his evil... heheheh

OHHHH, how about Mr. Wizard?! COOL show for sure!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:11 pm
When I was your age we use to connect to the Internet with DIAL UP. We didn't have this Hi Speed connection and wireless stuff either.

Back in the day video games were HARD and they required mind in order o get pass them and joysticks only had one or two buttons.

Man I remember when it only took about 22 dollars to fill up my 81 Chevy silvarado

Back when if you were poor we were proud of it. None if this money stuff as today.  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:04 pm
This is hilarious. Almost makes me wish I was that old.

By the way, I loved the 80's. Best three years of my life!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 pm
Pink Mint Tea
This is hilarious. Almost makes me wish I was that old.

By the way, I loved the 80's. Best three years of my life!

Im not that old....... crying crying crying crying Im still young  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:41 am
Hell, Im 34, Im not old.. I will never get old, I wont allow it..

I WONT ALLOW IT DAMNIT! LOL blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:25 am
The first computer I ever used was The University's mainframe, and we had to use punchcards. If you made a mistake, you had to toss the bad cards and type up new ones. We had to stand in line to submit our card decks at one of the 5 System Operator stations on campus. My favorite station had the slowest card reader on campus; it read cards so slow you could dance to the beat. And I liked it!  

Taxi Mama

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces