28%  [ 4 ]
I don't care! Give me poll gold!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:53 am
Anyone see it?
I think Joe Biden did a fantastic job. If anyone won the debate I have to say it would be him. Everyone kind of acts like he's no big deal but he has 35 years in the senate plus he was a candidate earlier in the race. And he did well in those earlier debates. Sarah Palin didnt have a hope in even coming close to his experience and knowledge.
However Sarah Palin did what she needed to do as well. She needed to talk about her qualifications and sort of prove herself to the american public a bit. I lol'd though when she refused to answer certain questions, rambled on a few more minutes about energy, or had the same answer as Sen. Biden. I also lol'd when she kept saying things like "gosh-darned" etc etc.
What'd you guys think?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am
I'm not American, but I watched it anyway (and recorded the Canadian leaders debate, which was on at the same time.)

I agree that Biden was the winner, if only in the number of questions that he answered, but really, if you support Obama, then you'll think Biden won, and if you support McCain, you'll think Palin won. I'll admit that Palin did better than I was expecting (another round of the Couric interview perhaps).  

Zahmira

Mayumi_Yuy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:54 am
I'm pretty much in agreement that Biden did an excellent job. I think Palin held her own and did what she had to do for her party, but I think Biden was the true winner.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:21 am
i thought biden did very well, though he had his cheesy party line moments. palin also did okay (if by "okay" we mean that she strung most of her words into coherent sentences) but she seemed to be all party line and no substance. most questions she didn't even really address. and i really hate how people are drooling over how "strong" she is because she stuck to her talking points instead of answering the moderator's questions - you would never see anyone praising that sort of behavior in any other debate.

and what was with the winking?  

immabee

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:25 pm
Even though I'm not Sarah Palin's biggest fan, she really did nail Sen. Biden on a couple things. That whole "can I call you Joe?" thing at the very begininng left it wide open for "Say it ain’t so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again. You preferenced your whole comment with the Bush administration. Now doggone it, let’s look ahead and tell Americans what we have to plan to do for them in the future." Was a good shot, unfortunately for her, she still got pwned overall. Both Biden and Palin had several things they said that were incorrect. Republican publications seem to delight in nailing Biden for the statements that were incorrect, saying 35-36 years of experience should know better. While the bar was set so low for Palin, its amazing. And as she's the underdog, alot of the media won't even really go after her.
But then again, the election is in a month and we're voting for who is going to be president, not who is going to be vice-president primarily. Do you think that this debate will help or hurt either campaign in this final stretch period?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:51 pm
I watched the entire debate.. and let me say that, BOTH parties made some inaccurate comments, ano not just one person.

I am not impressed with the campaign-verbiage that Palin hung on to.. I mean, come on.. I was ready for blood if I heard MAVERICK mentioned again. McCain is no Maverick at all.

Palin dodged answering some very important topics/questions.... Healthcare, civil rights to gays, the sub prime mortgage crisis.. are only a few of the topics she did not address. She completely avoided commenting on the very topics that would be considered a self-attack to her and her party's campaign.

Im not impressed by the debate, but, I do truly feel Biden made a better presentation than Palin. He was clear, concise, and on point. Palin came off to me as a bit skiddish, often having a shakiness to her presentation, lacking a true debate-spine...

Sorry, but, I believe, and I am not ashamed to say this being a woman... I believe the country would be more willing to accept a Black president than a woman as a Vice President who has the potential to become a President, in the event someone outs McCain (many people I know are crossing their fingers on that one! LOL)

Palin does not have enough political history nor the proper background for this level of politics...Not enough to hold such an important position as either VP or Pres. She was only a mayor and now governor... its just not enough in my books to take on the VP position.

Biden, yes, 35 years in the Senate has been exposed to the heavier grounds of politics and would be a better choice...

Again, both parties overexaggerated statistics and threw a few inaccuracies, but hey... its politics.. anything is about to be swung around for sure... but bottom line.... Biden, hands down...  

Wixandrettas

Mikiba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:46 pm
The debate was interesting to say the least, but I do think Biden won. Palin was articulate, but some of the things she said I think she rushed or didn't really think about what she was saying, especially when she mentioned Biden's first wife, who is deceased. I thought that comment was kind of low-blow. I mean attacking your opponent in a debate is something I see all the time in politics but talking about family and such seems like it shouldn't have been brought up at all. His deceased wife was a topic that shouldn't have been talked about. The media does that, and honestly, that's all the media is good for.

I think the debate will help people see what each running mate is going for, at the very least. It gave me a little perspective.

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games