Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Does anyone know any vegetarian recipes??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jackchewy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:11 pm
yes im a vegetarian and im 13. I was wondering if anyone knew any good recipes, so we all can learn alittle. I want to cook dinner for my family one night so please try to help?. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:56 am
I have 1 http://cooking-and-drinks.blogspot.com/search/label/vegetarian

I guess if anyone adds some good ones here I can add them ^^  

Axendra

annschwie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 pm
im a vegitarian too, I started when I was 13 (15 now)
aneywho, I have like three vegitarian cookbooks, so I could give a bunch of recipies depending on what you wanted. here are a few:
vegetable stock (so usefull for making soups vegitarian, and making vegitarian soups!)
2tbs olive oil 8cups cold water
5oz diced carrot 1 small plum tomato
4oz diced celery 1/4tsp dried thyme
2oz sliced leeks 1/4tsp dried marjoram
1 small clove garlic 4 freash parsley sprigs
12oz freash white mushrooms cut in halvs
salt and pepper
warm olive oil in suace pan over low heat. add carrot, celery, and leek. cook for 3-4 minuts.
add garlic, onion, and mushrooms and cook for about 2 minuts.
pour in water and bring to a boil over high heat. skim any "scum" from surface if necisary. add remaining ingridiants.
strain it through a fine mesh or cheese cloth.
I'll add more recipes later, I have to go. hope that works!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:09 am
the only vege fod i kow how to do is vege salad and milk vege stew... ahihihihi.... but if u like the recioe pm me... hahaha  

oOFuniPuniOo

p934

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 pm
this is good. I make it a bit differently, but I have weird taste, so I googled the proper recipe for you.

KOSHERI -- LENTILS AND RICE WITH A TANGY TOMATO SAUCE
(Serves 6)

2 cups uncooked brown or white rice
1 pound lentils
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 Tablespoon crushed garlic
Two 16-ounce cans of tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1 medium onion

Cook rice according to directions. Rinse lentils and put them in a pot, covering them with water, and bring to a boil. Then simmer on low heat until almost all water is absorbed and lentils are well cooked. Add extra water if longer time is needed. To make the sauce, first saute the garlic in 1 Tablespoon oil until golden. Add both cans of tomato sauce and simmer 10-15 minutes. Add water and vinegar and bring to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and add salt to taste. Finally, slice onion in thin, small pieces and saute in remaining 1 Tablespoon oil until brown and crispy.

This dish should be arranged as a layer of lentils (on the bottom), followed by a layer of rice, then another layer of lentils and another layer of rice. Sprinkle the onions and the sauce on top before serving.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:47 pm
Made this one up my self:

1/3 pound of Egg Noodles.
1/4 cup of ginger oil (Hard to find, We buy ours at world market)
1/4 cup of Pure Sesame oil (kadoya brand is the best)
1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce (Kikkoman brand is a great choise)
2 cups of water
1/2 cup of cooking michiu
Add any veggies you want~ It's great anyways.

First add the Sesame oil, water, ginger oil, teriyaki sauce and cooking michiu and bring to a boil (Covered.) On a different pot, cook the egg noodles in water, and a bit of any oil (To make sure they don't stick) in the other pot, after letting it boil, add the veggies. Boil on med. for 15 minuets. Add the noodles mix inn, cook for a extra 5 minuets. (Let simmer mix the flavors) And Mm if you want thickness, add a little corn starch, water mix in.  

Play Me For Stupid

5,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250

xXxXxXMistressLunaXxXxXx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Yield 4-6 servings
Time 1 hour
Tools

* Grater
* Bowl
* Wooden spoon

Ingredients

* 4 c cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
* 2 c water
* 2 c yogurt
* ½ - 1 t salt
* small clove garlic, minced
* 1 T fresh dill
* 1 T honey (optional)
* fresh herbs for garnish (e.g., mint, chives), minced

Directions Mix everything but the garnish in a bowl. Chill for at least an hour, then serve topped with herbs.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:57 am
What kind of food do you cook now? There are so many vegetarian dishes it is hard to know where to start. I really like roasted root vegetable soup (pureed). I couldn't really tell you specific ingredient size but at least it will be a good template to work from.

Assorted root vegetables/squash (potato, carrot, etc) peeled and quartered
olive oil
kosher salt
black pepper
4 garlic cloves whole
chopped fresh herbs (sage, basil, thyme whatever ya got generally works and I enjoy letting my cooking change each time I make something)
cream (if vegan can sub coconut milk with a little curry and ginger and it tastes great)
vegetable stock/broth

It really is pretty simple. Combine the first six ingredients (save some of the herbs to use at the end if you want) in mixing bowl coating vegetables/squash/garlic generously with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in oven on 425 until tender (30 minutes maybe depending on oven and veggies). From there simply put veggies in blender with stock and cream and puree seasoning to taste. In this process there is a lot of room for experimentation. You can add anything you want at the end to spice it up (ginger, curry, fresh herbs, etc.) and you can try adding some white wine into the process. As well as make it a completely vegan dish with some simple substitutions. You could probably even do it raw as well. Stores easily if you want to make it ahead of time and just add water if you want to thin it out and reheat.  

jiarrah

KinaMorii

Friendly Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 am
Ratatouille is a really great vegan dish. Just be careful if you store the veggies together with the noodles, I've learned that the eggplant will turn them this really icky green/purple color.

It's a very satisfying dish.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:47 am
I have one I loved, and Im not even vegetarian lol. Zucchini Pizza

It sounds weird but seriously try it before you think its bad.

you will need:

-2 large eggs
-4 cups of grated zucchini
-1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese
*ground tofu (the stuff that looks like hamburger or if you dont like that skip it all together)
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-3/4 cup of red or green pepper chopped
-3/4 cup of mushrooms
-1 cup of pasta sauce

-oregano, pepper and garlic to taste

-4 oz (or however much you like) shredded mozza cheese

Steps:

-preheat the oven to 400f
-beat eggs, mix zucchini and cottage cheese into eggs. pat the mixture onto a nonstick cookie sheet (or if its a bit runny use a pie plate) and bake ten minutes.
-saute the onion, peppers and mushrooms, warm up your pasta sauce and add the veggies (and tofu if you choose to use it) and the garlic, pepper and oregano. Spread over the baked zucchini crust and top with mozza cheese, bake for another 20 minutes at 350f

***you could really add any veggies you feel like, its a recipe that can be altered to fit your taste.  

vagrant branwen

Avaerie

Shameless Capitalist

7,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:06 am
I'm vegetarian myself, and I have been for five years now.
My favorite dish is Pumpkin Risotto, but I have no idea how to make it so I just Googled the recipe for you. XD Got it from here.

Ingredients:

1 onion. diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups arborio (risotto) rice
1 cup white wine
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp margarine
salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:

Sautee the onion in olive oil over medium heat for three to five minutes, or until soft. Add the rice. Allow to cook, stirring, for a minute or two. Slowly add the wine.
Start to add the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Allow the moisture to cook off before adding the next 1/2 cup. Stir frequently.

Add remaining ingredients, stirring well, and cook for just a few minutes, until heated through.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm
B E N T O <3
There are so many vegetarian options :3 Its quite yummy too!

So if you dont know what bento is...
Bento (written 弁当), or obento (お弁当) to use the honorific term, is the Japanese word for a meal served in a box. Beyond that basic definition though, just about anything goes as to what kind of box or container is used, as well as what is put inside that box,.

This is absolutely delicious!

For more vegetarian bento recipes check out the page designated for it biggrin JustBento.com's Vegetarian Page (They also have a vegan page :'D )  

Cryptic Gemini

5,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:41 pm
I'm not a vegetarian, but I do like vegetarian food now and again. What I do is:

I use either olive, canola or sesame oil (you can use which ever you prefer) If we have sesame i use that.

Pour about a teaspoon of oil into the wok and put it on low heat
Chop up some vegetables i.e. mushroom, squash, brocolli, califlower, beans, carrot, any vegetables you like really.
Then you put water onto to boil, put the salt in once the water boils (putting the salt in before it boils will only slow the boiling speed down)
Throw the vegetables into the wok and use a wooden spoon to stir when needed. Once the water has started to boil you can put in 2 cakes of 2 minute noodles, once thy have cooked strain them and use a pair of kitchen sissors to cut them shorter.
Keep the heat on the vegetables and add some soysauce (if you like) and sweet chilli sauce.
Once the vegetables are soft put the noodles into the wok. Mix everything together and serve.

Hope this gives you some inspiration biggrin

For those who are not vegetarian you can also put meat in. But make sure it is cooked all the way through before throwing in vegetables.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm
I been vegetarian now for almost 2 years off and on the year before the 2 years began. so a total of 3 years. (kinda) if your still in need of some recipies PM me. lets chat. I have some the family made some I made and some that are just flat out my favorite. smile  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 am
Rice and beans I've learned is a very easy to make vegetarian dish. It is one that is good to eat often as it has complete proteins.

A lot of side dishes can be used as main dishes. Our roommate is vegetarian and we found if we make two or three side dishes it makes a satisfying meal.
A quick side dish turned main dish we make is butternut squash pesto pasta. Peel a butternut squash, best with a vegetable peeler. Then cut it into about 1 inch. chunks. Boil water with a little bit of salt, just a quick dash. Add the pasta and the squash together, about a box for a full squash works well. Boil until the noodles are done. Drain and add the pesto, we used canned ones you can buy at Walmart because we have no luck with basil plants surviving in our apartment. Two jars tends to work well. Works great. I add a little curry powder to the pesto for a kick, works great with the sun dried tomato pesto.

Make sure to get plenty of B vitamins and iron. That is the main issue our roommate has with her diet. Mind you she isn't the best of vegetarians. She hates fruit and vegetables.
I would suggest getting your levels checked once in a while, especially if you feel like you're dragging energy wise. Then you know if you need to modify your diet or if you need to add vitamins.  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games