Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FFXI worth it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Worth buying and paying monthly for the game?
  no
  yes
View Results

Krell356

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:06 am
What I want to know is if FFXI is worth buying as a game? Because I've always beat myself up for not buying it on the offchance that it sucked really bad.
So if some people who have played the game could give me some feedback on this it would be extremely helpful.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:56 pm
so... I've had this question out for quite a while, is everyone telling me that none of you have touched it?  

Krell356

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:17 pm
The only numbered Final Fantasy I haven't played... I've been meaning to try it for a while too, but the free trial download didn't work, and I'm certainly not paying for it. I've sworn to never pay for an MMO.

Wish I could help, but I'm in the same boat. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 am
I've played my share of MMO's, but none of them interested me for any period of time, because the designers always spend years on graphics and such, but then spend 1 day designing 5 or so quest types and just repeat them over and over for quests.

Because anyone who's played an MMORPG knows that 1/4 of the quests are: "Go and kill ## of _______ and return to me for your reward."  

Krell356

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm
Admittedly, though, killing things has always been a big part of all RPGs. Of course, more variety is always good.

I'm thinking of retrying the free trial over spring break, when I have a lot of free time to put it to as much use as I can. Hopefully it'll work. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 am
I finally got around to buying FFXII, so my free time is going to be spent on that and creating my FF battle game.  

Krell356

Xathrid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 pm
Would you say its worth it?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:20 pm
Krell356
What I want to know is if FFXI is worth buying as a game? Because I've always beat myself up for not buying it on the offchance that it sucked really bad.
So if some people who have played the game could give me some feedback on this it would be extremely helpful.

Same here man I dont know if I should buy it or not, I heard dont buy it used because its basically scamming you. and the codes you need you cant use because you can only use them once.  

LoveRamenAnime

Terror Of DeathX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:56 pm
Well i may be a lil late to answer any of this but i have played the game. It was difficult to get into since i played WoW before XI and the interface is a lot harder. Everything about it is a lil hard but i heard the made it easier for certain things. I remembered that it was a lil hard getting into the quest system. It was hard to find out where to go for quest and etc. But if you can get use to all of some of the harder things to do in the game your gonna have an awesome time. Every class that has ever been in final fantasy is there, And if i remember straight you can have 2 classes at once. I remember my had my white mage had Green Mage skills as well. It was fun for me after i got use to it but sadly since i had played WoW before the game just didnt measure up WoW. I would say if i never played WoW i'd be playing XI  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games