17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:15 pm
When I have the energy I love to cook. I'm always watching the Food Network to get new ideas.
This is one my grandmother use to make and I love it.

Potato Soup

- 5 medium sized potatoes
- 8 cups of water in a pot
- salt and pepper
- one small or medium onion
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 pkg.Hillshire Farms sausage, or the same measure of cooked ham cut into small chunks.
- tsp. butter

Directions...
Cut hillshire sausage into small bite sized pieces and leave in the fridge until your ready to use. Peel, cube and wash potatoes. Place them in a pot and cover liberally with water, about 6 to 8 cups.
Add one small or medium onion that you've peeled and cut the ends off of or diced (opptional). Salt and pepper to taste and let it cook gently while you prepare flour krinkles.

Flour Krinkles...
Place 1 1/2/ cups of all purpoose flour into a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste and mix with a wire wisk. Add one egg and fold mixture with a fork until it crumbles in the bowl. You may have to add a little water or add a little more flour. (this recipe was never written down so you'll have to judge it for yourself as to whether it needs more flour or water)

When the potatoes are cooked and tender, add krinkles and sausage. When krinkles are done (they shouldn't be flakey inside when tasted) remove soup from burner, add 1/2 a cup of milk and stir in gently.

Note: sometimes this recipe turns out and other times you'll be ready to throw it against the wall!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 pm
Pizza Cupcakes (taken from a kids recipe book, but my 22 year old boyfriend LOVES them...well, everyone in his fraternity does too)

Ingredients:
1 lb of ground beef, turkey, chicken, whatever you prefer
1 can of pizza sauce
2 pkgs of crescent rolls
shredded cheese for garnish

Directions:
Brown meat in large skillet. Add pizza sauce. It doesn't need to be warmed up, that'll happen in the oven. Peel apart crescent rolls apart and ball up. Stick one ball in each cupcake spot on a cupcake pan. Mold dough to the shape of the pan, being sure not to poke any holes in the sides. Spoon about half a spoonful of meat mixture into each 'pocket'. Put in oven at recommended temp for the rolls. About 2/3 the way of the cooking time (from the roll package), garnish with cheese.

elwine

The Real little monkey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Stuffed biscuits

1-can Hormel chilly (better without beans but can be made with)
1-can Pillsbury biscuits (peal apart works best)
Cheese
Muffin pan

Lightly spray pan
Separate biscuits place ½ biscuits in each pan slots stretch to fill sides
Spoon chilly into center
Put cheese on top
Follow cooking directions on biscuits can
Makes a good side dish or snack

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff