Submit

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 am
hmm zodiac huh? well im an Aquarius who has lived with several Sagittarius people all my life...i.e. my mother and sis mostly. so im a bit of that too if that can be true. im skinny as a twig, due to my lack of caring that im a diabetic... hmm water baring horse fella that is skinny. im not sure how the zodiac comes into play. but im curious now.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:40 am
I'm focused on losing weight right now. I am doing the Nutrisystem thing. I go to the gym 3 mornings a week before work, and I try to get up and walk around the neighborhood on the days that I don't go to the gym. Today I started going to a Bikram yoga studio (relatively) near my place. The yoga was awesome and I've been really energetic all day.

I'm drinking only water and tea. I'm eating the Nutrisystem food w/ yogurt and salads.

My goal is to get down to 130 again. I have about 25 pounds to lose. For my height, 137 is the highest weight I can have to be considered "normal".

I am annoyed that my once baggy clothing is too tight to wear. I bought size 10s for comforts sake and they were slipping down my hips just a little. Now they don't fit anymore. I'll be 30 next year. I don't want to wait until I'm older to get healthy again. Doing it now, will make maintaining it easier down the road.  

mizducky

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Well, since the hubby has quit smoking, I can afford a gym membership. So far i've lost about 10 pounds and 4 1/2 inches overall. I do a mixture of cardio and strength training. I've found that I am able to do more for a longer period of time, so it's slow, but I'd rather have a slow steady loss. 40 pounds to go! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 pm
@Katana: Good job for both you losing weight and gaining stamina, and your hubby for quitting smoking!

@Danamii: xd Zodiac signs and weight, eh? I'm born on July 24th, so I'm technically a Leo, but I behave much more like a Cancer (moody hypochondriac mrgreen ). So I'm both? No idea how that affects weight gain or loss.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:06 am
me neither. i mean so now scientists and gypsy ninjas are agreeing that due to the planets and swamp gas, that people arent controlling their weight properly? something tells me that tom cruise has something to do with this.
dun dun duuuuuun.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:55 am
I have been trying to drop at least another pants size for a while now. It's hard now, though, with the holidays and all those empty calorie foods. Major carb overload. But, that's my problem. I love Carbs. Bread, pasta, and sweets! Especially chocolate! And every other week my girlfriends and I go out and load up on wings and junk food.

I know I should watch because there is a history of diabetes on both sides of my family. My aunt is a double amputee. I go through phases. I behave for a while and then go bac to my pop and candy. I also need to move more. My mom keeps saying she'll go to the rec center with me but that never happens because we have no time. And it's no fun to exercise alone  

WriterPrincess1984

Invisible Nightengale

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:08 pm
I'm a good... 27 pounds overweight. I was a lot worse, and that's an understatement. Then, Mom and I started a bet to see who could lose the most weight at the end of a month. I grew a backbone and some self-control after that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 pm
Venuslady
I've ALWAYS fought with my weight.... it sucks! Being that I'm only 4" 8.5" tall, ANY extra weight tends to show up fast! LOL I also think that, being a Taurus doesn't help. Has anyone ever thought of taking their sign of the Zodiac into consideration? Luckily I have a gym membership I like and I am pretty active!
Another Taurian ~ huh ~ needs to check in with my sister-in-law on Zodiac weight issues...

At somewhere between 5'3" - 5'4" and 150 pounds, I'm about 25 overweight. I lost weight with my first two kids, but turning 30 and a last-minute C-Section with the third one really messed up my ability to take it off. Somewhere around here I have a pair of very cute short-shorts in a size 5 I wore before the last one was born 8.5 years ago. I might be able to get the waist of them around my thigh now... crying

My issue isn't that I overeat, it's that I forget to eat and for some unknown reason, my body thinks it's being starved. No amount of showing it to itself in the mirror will change it's mind. You'd think the spare tire around my mid-section would do the trick ~ no? Gah ~ I really need to start up with the crunchies again ~ I hate crunchies. burning_eyes  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:38 pm
exercise sucks, if only there was a way we didnt have to do it and still lose weight...and it be healthy too...

oh i'll press the easy button...

dammit its not working!!!

what? only for office supplies?! dammit!!

...what if i press onstar?

what?! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:58 pm
Lil Brat
At somewhere between 5'3" - 5'4" and 150 pounds, I'm about 25 overweight.

I'm 5'2", and the range of Normal weight for my height is 110-137.
So if you're 5'4" your range is approximately 115-145. So you are actually 5 lbs over weight.
If you're 5'3" its somewhere around 113-140, even then you're only 10 lbs over weight.

If you're worried about your tummy, crunches really won't do as much for your shape as core training. Look it up, you might find it more helpful.

I think it's really important for all of us who are trying to lose weight to understand what is actually a healthy weight when planning our weight loss goals and how to achieve them.

Since I hurt my back 2 yrs ago, I stopped working out. So the pounds started stacking up. My goals now are to loose a bit of weight (take more impact off of my spine) while increasing my strength and endurance (improving my core muscles will also help take some pressure off my spine).  

mizducky

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:43 pm
My problem is finding the happy medium- I'm 5'4" and about 160lbs. Most of the weight came after starting the depo shot, which makes you hoard about 5-10lbs in water weight. But even before then, I've never really been skinny. I get very muscular no matter what exercise I do. My arms- despite not really working out anymore- still out-flex most men and make shirt-shopping hard. Same with my thighs. I'd have to loose muscle mass to make it into a size more fitting my stature.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 pm
When I was in my twenties, I was on Weight Watchers for 2 years, eating so little I was faint before meals. I lost down to 130#; my bones showed everywhere, and I could not get pregnant. But I was still 8# above their maximum goal weight for my height.

The Weight Watcher charts in 1990 showed 102 to 122# for 5'0". This year I discovered that my bones and muscles alone weigh 108#!!! No wonder I couldn't lose anymore weight; I was probably down to the minimum body fat required for good health!

Now I go to Curves 3 times a week. My goal is not a specific weight, it's 20% body fat. This allows me to ignore the scale and the height-weight charts, and focus on improving my strength and my diet. By my calculations, I need to either reduce my fat by 45# redface , or increase my muscle weight by 180# rofl , or a little bit of both razz

Taxi Mama

mizducky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:11 pm
charamath
Most of the weight came after starting the depo shot, which makes you hoard about 5-10lbs in water weight.

I went from 125 to 135 on 2 depo shots (10 yrs ago). I also didn't stop bleeding the entire time and after seven months of that crap I went on the pill to stop the bleeding.
I was never able to drop below 135 after that. Much Much later, a different Doctor said that depo actually changes the way your system metabolizes carbs, and people who don't watch their carb intake will see a weight gain on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:02 pm
mizducky
charamath
Most of the weight came after starting the depo shot, which makes you hoard about 5-10lbs in water weight.

I went from 125 to 135 on 2 depo shots (10 yrs ago). I also didn't stop bleeding the entire time and after seven months of that crap I went on the pill to stop the bleeding.
I was never able to drop below 135 after that. Much Much later, a different Doctor said that depo actually changes the way your system metabolizes carbs, and people who don't watch their carb intake will see a weight gain on it.

I've been on it for two years (though not anymore, since I don't have health insurance anymore). I gained about 8lbs right away and it just leveled off after that. And I couldn't loose that for the life of me. Evil carbs or not, I'm not giving up on pasta or bread! Not all of Italy is obese....the exact opposite really, from what I saw when I was there, and they live off of pasta and bread in pretty much two out of three meals a day.  

charamath

mizducky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:42 am
Oh Carbs and I are Best Friends!!! ahaha I was just relaying what my latest OBGYN told me when we were having the "which BC to take" discussion. Just in case it's useful to someone else down the line.
Actually I love all Real food (as in real sugar, real butter/fats/cream, etc). I can't stand anything "diet" or "light", which is why it's actually pretty difficult for me to be satisfied with the Nutrisystem food I'm eating now. It tastes fine really, but I feel like I'm still missing something... you know... what's it called... oh yeah! Flavor!
rofl  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces