Battle of the Bulge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mizducky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:47 am
-RenKairui85-
I hate to admit it, but ever since I attended college I've been gaining weight. But I'm intending to work on that. I've found out that grapefruit juice help a lot on diets. Apparently, grapefruit juice helps flush out the water weight that you might be carrying and not know it. Also it's great for when you have the munches or need to crew on something. I tried it before and lost between 40-60 lbs....along with exercise. I'm going to try it again and keep you guys posted on how it goes. Hope this helps you guys out too. 3nodding

Oh, I almost forgot! Make sure it says 100% juice! I can't stress that enough. Sure it might say 100% on the label, but check the back of the drink. Most time, they lie and are only 30% juice. Make sure to check it before buying.

Is that something like the Grapefruit diet from way back when?

Seriously, drinking juice isn't going to "flush water weight". You retain water because your body Needs water, if you drink a lot of water your body won't need to retain it. Juice also provides water to the body so it's just like drinking water but, with flavor and extra simple sugar calories.

Now if the option is Soda or Juice choose juice.
If the option is Eat a Candy Bar or drink some Juice then drink some juice. It's a pretty ordinary concept.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 am
mizducky
-RenKairui85-
I hate to admit it, but ever since I attended college I've been gaining weight. But I'm intending to work on that. I've found out that grapefruit juice help a lot on diets. Apparently, grapefruit juice helps flush out the water weight that you might be carrying and not know it. Also it's great for when you have the munches or need to crew on something. I tried it before and lost between 40-60 lbs....along with exercise. I'm going to try it again and keep you guys posted on how it goes. Hope this helps you guys out too. 3nodding

Oh, I almost forgot! Make sure it says 100% juice! I can't stress that enough. Sure it might say 100% on the label, but check the back of the drink. Most time, they lie and are only 30% juice. Make sure to check it before buying.

Is that something like the Grapefruit diet from way back when?

Seriously, drinking juice isn't going to "flush water weight". You retain water because your body Needs water, if you drink a lot of water your body won't need to retain it. Juice also provides water to the body so it's just like drinking water but, with flavor and extra simple sugar calories.

Now if the option is Soda or Juice choose juice.
If the option is Eat a Candy Bar or drink some Juice then drink some juice. It's a pretty ordinary concept.

I didn't know that there was a grapefruit diet. I just mention this because it worked for me and I just wanted to share.  

-RenKairui85-

charamath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:31 pm
Well, I do know that grapefruit juice can hide the taste of virtually any liqueur.... We could have a fun new diet here...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 pm
charamath
Well, I do know that grapefruit juice can hide the taste of virtually any liqueur.... We could have a fun new diet here...

I bit/squeeze of lime juice usually helps too.
However, all the extra calories in alcohol might just go against our goals... maybe. It would be fun though, you're right.  

mizducky

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:30 am
to be honest... once October begins its hard to keep away from the food until what...after February?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:01 pm
Danamii
to be honest... once October begins its hard to keep away from the food until what...after February?

nah- cause then Easter candy starts hitting the shelves... me loves jelly beans smile  

charamath

mizducky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:09 pm
controlling what you eat is an all year 'round job.
Someone brought cookies and lemon bars to work today (of course I had to taste them). 3 Girls in my night class like to bring in food too. I have to try it to be nice but tonight's treat was especially good and I ate 3 of them. They were made from home made dough and rolled up with ham and cheese and spices. They were all cut in half, so I really only ate 1 1/2, but it was more than any one else in class ate.

I think I really "fell off the wagon" today.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:02 am
xp Bleh, I'm bummed out. Before surgery yesterday, I was weighed and was up 4 pounds! Dratted, delicious Thanksgiving.

@Mizducky: Noo, not lemon bars! One of my ultimate weaknesses!

@Charamath: Same here. Starbursts' jelly beans are the best.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

mizducky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:20 pm
http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/
The Daily Plate

Today I signed up for this website. It has everything that I eat, so I think I'm going to give this a shot for tracking what I take in.
I often eat foods that aren't on Nutrisystem's program (like non-fat free yogurt, or non-fat free salad dressing), so their site doesn't really give me a true count.

I wanted to share this just in case anyone else wants a easy way to track what they eat.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff