A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
OCD and pregnancy WOMEN?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you on or have you ever been on an SSRI for anything?
Yes, depression
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes, anxiety disorder
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
no
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
what's an SSRI
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Castitatus Lilium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:50 pm
Does anyone know of a drug for OCD that CAN be taken during pregnancy? I have it too bad to go without meds at all. I plan on a child in the near future , but this issue concerns me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:50 pm
the best thing to do in that situation is to contact either your doctor or a pharmacist. with a lot of medication there are some risks - but sometimes the risk of going off the meds is worse.  

Shinigami Unity

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:51 am
I'd trust the doctors at this. It's always dangerous to go on what friends say even if they have personal experience. Each person is her own case and I would not want anyone to risk their pregnancy or own health for medication. Twisted...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:07 am
I agree with you both, but then doctors always err on the "covering their own a**" agenda, and I do believe being OFF would be worse for me...but that's a tough bind to be put in. Your sanity or your kid... confused  

Castitatus Lilium

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:52 pm
I have experience only on how doctors work in my own country. Here I can quite much trust that they know what they do. And I've seen a doc take a book from shelf and search when he wasn't sure. That was about medication too but obviously a different kind. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:41 pm
Veddhartha
And I've seen a doc take a book from shelf and search when he wasn't sure. That was about medication too but obviously a different kind. biggrin

Then you are lucky. SOunds like you had a good doctor. It's hard to find doctors who take their time and care anymore. So many are about cramming as many appointments in a day to make as much $ as possible and then they practically rush you out of the office without really listening to you at all. burning_eyes  

Castitatus Lilium

pd2care

17,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:04 am
Pharmacist is much better to discuss this about, next time you refill your prescription. Doctors know diseases. Pharmacists know drugs.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:05 pm
pd2care
Pharmacist is much better to discuss this about, next time you refill your prescription. Doctors know diseases. Pharmacists know drugs.

Doctors SHOULD know both. they should know about what drugs they are prescribing.  

Castitatus Lilium

pd2care

17,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 pm
castitatus lilium
pd2care

Doctors SHOULD know both. they should know about what drugs they are prescribing.

Yeah, but I knew more about psychotropic meds than my doctor did when I worked in mental health. So the safest thing is to talk to the person filling the prescriptions, who know all the side affects and contraindications with pregnancy and other meds. They deal is meds only, not diseases AND meds, like physicians do.

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games