23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
goldalonies
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

kerryness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:59 pm
do any of you have a long lost love from high school, maybe even middle school, that you are trying to get in contact with? how about one that you were able to get in contact with? any experiences you'd like to share?

just curious about how this went...if you can't guess why.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:20 pm
I am very careful about using the word "love", as it is thrown around so much in situations that it does not apply to. For the sake of this thread, I will say that once I got into contact with such a person a few years ago... it was someone I was convinced I loved in high school. I had sent them a letter to tell them how life was going for me and let them know my email address so maybe we could chat online. For a long time I went without a response, but one day out of the blue, they sent me a brief email about how things were going for them... apparently they were engaged now. At the time I was not with someone and had some hope of perhaps getting with this crush of mine, and finding out they were engaged was incredibly surreal and heartbreaking at the same time.

We chatted via instant messenger for a couple of weeks or so, though their fiancé did not seem to take too kindly to it. Apparently they had spoken of me before and their fiancé knew quite a bit about me. I talked with the fiancé a bit as well {probably more than the crush due to their partner limiting their access to the computer}. Well, one day while the crush was being forced off by their partner, they sent me one last message saying to use the clown emoticon {this was yahoo messenger} because their partner didn't like it and "it would be funny". As I spoke with the fiancé, they started insulting me and attacking my character, which they had not previously done in our conversations, so I decided to use the clown face... they instantly signed off {or blocked me} and I've never spoken to either of them since.

I did read somewhat recently that apparently my crush shot a cop and is in jail now, though... so I think I'm better off blaugh

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

queen of qeeks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:58 am
I always regret not talking to him for the last year or so of HS. Things fall apart and I was too busy with going to college to care. But he's happily dating some girl now, so I guess he's in a good place. Probably better than a traveling student could do for him now. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:24 am
emty - good point you made about the word love. i meant it more of the term, you know, a long lost love. obviously when you're very young it's hard to tell a difference. but it does sound like you're way better off if they shot a cop!

queen - have you tried to contact him since? or just hear about him through friends and such?  

kerryness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 pm
Not from HS, but from the beginning of college. I've wanted to get in contact with him ever since a year after I broke it up with him. Though I have a feeling that its better this way and the fact is.. I really, just don't want to know whats going on anymore. I hope he is doing well and if soi know it would hurt somewhat. lol. I know. weird right? I wouldn't be with him and I probably wouldn't want to be and yet that would hurt me.

So in that sense.. I think I'll just hold onto the memories of a first love. We became so close during the relationship, but.. of course that stopped. Lame. sigh. whatnot. I really do miss his friendship more then anything else.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:01 pm
I broke up with my high school boyfriend a year after I graduated (he was still in high school). I was really really done with him, but he was obviously not done with me. He would visit my mom a couple times a year, to keep up with what I was doing.

After college I got married, and he stopped coming round; eventually I got a wedding invitation from him. Five years later, I moved back to the area, and we ran into each other a couple of times. It was awkward, because the chemistry was still there, but neither of us did anything stupid, so it was okay. Then I moved out of state, and he lost track of me.

He emailed my sister 3 years ago, begging to be put back in contact with me. In the mean time I'd been divorced and remarried. Now he emails me once or twice a year. He wrote about when he and my dad found each other waiting outside the same courtroom, and had a nice chat. He seemed really surprised my dad had never told me. I don't know, it's a little sad, I guess. But I get the feeling he just wants to know I'm still out here, some little piece of his childhood that's alive and well.

Maybe this isn't what you had in mind. But it's what happened to me.

Taxi Mama

Delirium of the Endless

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:12 am
my long lost love found me. We began a relationship and he broke my heart... AGAIN! I felt the fool for letting him even though I had already realized he was no longer the same guy I fell in love with in high school. Anyways, I feel a little better now because I saw a recent picture of him on Myspace and he got FAT!!! I mean, I'm already a big girl, but he was always into being fit and staying healthy! So I feel a bit vindicated now!  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games