Them brats. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mizducky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 am
starblazer66
I no longer post on the public forums and stick to the guilds. Its a tad safer far less annoying.

I really only come here because i get annoyed around the rest of the site.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:08 pm
I've started to only post in my guilds. They are much safer. Recently I ran into a kid who told me 35 is middle-aged. eek He is 13. rolleyes I ran into a 14 year old that told me my opinion on something was completely wrong. I swear he was hitting the refresh button every few seconds to see if I replied. I did once to let him know that he didn't have to agree with my opinion but it's what I believe. He jumped on my reply again (literally seconds later) and said again that I was wrong. I wrote one final comment to say he believes one thing and I believe another. We're not going to convince each other to change our minds so let's stop spoiling the thread for everyone else. He immediately responded again with yet another nasty comment. I left the thread for good.

I like my geezer's guild. Darn young whipper snappers. wink  

emosgirl

Desirable Dark Elf

mizducky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:24 am
Some people just can't be helped (recalls an argument about something simply factual in class yesterday).

I just Really hope that the kids who come here grow up well, and grow out of the stupidity they now possess. This isn't a given unfortunately, and if it doesn't work out, I seriously fear for the future of the world.

Sadly, that is only 50% joke.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:13 am
I tend to get alot of questions on how to do things; so I try to give them the best answers I can and then send them to the newbie training and support guild. This way I dont hurt anybodys feelings and they feel like they got helped at the same time. I did however had a 10 year old ask me to be his friend after something from my store and i had to tell him Im over 30 and maybe he could find others to be his friend.  

ladyrose2

LadyCrimsonSkye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 pm
I find that kids, who have been here a while, are much more rude than those who are new. I half wonder if they don't learn it, while they are here.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:07 pm
I have a few times when I've run into the same type of kid described and I've solved the problem according to the situation. If the kid is relentlessly rude, I will not back down, rather I try to explain in as nice a matter as possible, the facts as to why some older users go online. This has worked for some cases, but others are just so stubborn that I have just chosen to leave them as they are. Being the optimist that I am though, I have spoken to kids who are very understanding and have sent requests to me. I simply explain to them that even though I thought they were good kids, I can not accept their request but to keep an eye for for others their age and be careful.  

Fallicious Flavor

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:42 pm
I hang out and lurk in Towns but I don't even respond when someone tries to talk to me because I know what their reaction will be when they find out my age.
I've been accused of being some perv or p3do freak a few times and I just don't feel like dealing with it so I don't talk to anyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:

***Age and guile, beat youth, innocence and a bad haircut. ***

those snotty little punks give me headaches. the ignorant things they say truly astonish me.

i happened to be surfing the entertainment threads, (big mistake!) and came across some refering to the domestic violence between singers chris brown and rhianna. believe it or not, there were people (teenage girls) who said she must have done something to deserve her beat down and everyone makes mistakes, so we should forgive him. eek

seriously? is this really what they think? let's just hope they grow out of their stupidty.

i work across the street from a high school, and the kids come in and honest to god, they act like 2 year olds. they'll steal anything that isn't nailed down, throw food, make messes, scream, and one time we caught a kid trying to PEE in a bathroom soap dispenser!!

needless to say, i spend a lot of time kicking kids outta my resturant.
i get called various things (old hag, b***h, etc.). i even had a kid threaten to call "his" lawyer.

i came home and told my daughter if she acted like that, i'd kill her.  

dahliarose

Siumbering Princess22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:16 pm
leko-chan
i had some girl ask me what age i played on gaia... i was totally confused. then she told me that she told guys she was 16, then i told her "well i'm in my mid 20's". This shocked her and she asked why I would want to play being that age... i said no i really am that age...
She then freaked out more talking about how she didn't liek to talk to "adults" because "adults" talk to kids and use information about the kids against them...
this was the weirdest/most confusing conversation I have ever had with someone.

actually it makes me happy that the girl thought she shouldn't be talking to an adult. when my daughter is older she is going to be watched likea hulk when shes online. So maybe that girl was a tad weird, but it sounds like the more scared kids are these days of online predators the better, yah know?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 am
Sleeping_Princess22
leko-chan
i had some girl ask me what age i played on gaia... i was totally confused. then she told me that she told guys she was 16, then i told her "well i'm in my mid 20's". This shocked her and she asked why I would want to play being that age... i said no i really am that age...
She then freaked out more talking about how she didn't liek to talk to "adults" because "adults" talk to kids and use information about the kids against them...
this was the weirdest/most confusing conversation I have ever had with someone.

actually it makes me happy that the girl thought she shouldn't be talking to an adult. when my daughter is older she is going to be watched likea hulk when shes online. So maybe that girl was a tad weird, but it sounds like the more scared kids are these days of online predators the better, yah know?

Actually you have to watch the kids just as much as the adults anymore. The age of being innocent has dropped dramatically. All you have to do is glance around these forums and places like DeviantArt to figure out that a thirteen year old has seen more pron than they need to. Heck half of them draw it anymore. I do a bit of modding for a few places and generally it is young teens I have to kick and ban for being cybor..ers. Is that a word?

Niniann_Lockhart

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:30 am
Point there. I've too seen more often a teen to cause trouble than adult towards younger. Teen boys are worst to my opinion. Maybe it is the too easy access to pron that has twisted things and they think and act like every girl is out there wanting to ****. This is, of course, exacerbation to bring out how more often those who take advantage of young girls are kids of their own age. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:45 pm
let them be, ignore them and they will get bored, thats what i do, i love the ignore button!! blaugh when they get our age they will learn, just as we did 3nodding

time can be the most cruel teacher  

Arabanth

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:39 pm
User Image

Teenagers on Gaia are some of the most disrespectful, petty children I've ever come across. I used to like the General Discussion forum but they just killed it for me. I mostly stick with guilds now.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff