Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Washing Clothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dancing Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:09 pm
I do laundry twice a week. Clothes get washed after each wear.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:55 am
I have been reading through this thread and chuckling away about sleeping in socks!! Yup, in the winter I do, it costs so much to heat the house, and ours is freezing at night - I have pink fluffy bed socks, which I guess makes me an out-and-out geezer!!

As for clothes washing, I agree with all said above.. jeans & jumpers round the house, about 5 days; work shirts, and undies - one! No point over-washing, life's too short... but if something is stinky, it goes in the machine.

I do shower and deodorize often, as I hate bad smells, and love the aromas of gorgeous bathing products!!  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 pm
I do my wash at least once a week usually on Sunday. That is when I have the most time.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:55 pm
September Wolf
I have been reading through this thread and chuckling away about sleeping in socks!! Yup, in the winter I do, it costs so much to heat the house, and ours is freezing at night - I have pink fluffy bed socks, which I guess makes me an out-and-out geezer!!

^^ The best night socks I own are these lovely white socks from the Inner Self that are softer then my bunny rabbit! They're wonderful. heart  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

TemporarilyIdle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:50 pm
Mikiba
I only do laundry once a week, so I usually re-wear my jeans and stuff. I think that's the reason why so many of my jeans shrank so fast. That and my dryer seems to shrink clothes a lot faster (it's old).
As far as t-shirts go, I usually wear them twice and then throw them in the washer. I sweat sometimes at work since I do shipment so they get gross fast. Living in a humid state doesn't help either.
Sweaters I don't get a chance to wear, so I don't wash them much. They don't get that dirty. Working in a clothing store has made me not want to do anything with clothes as far as washing and putting away xD.

I have a lot of sweaters that I end up stretching in the arms because I roll my sleeves up, and the torso because I'm constantly pulling on it to let air in. Throwing those sweaters in the dryer is one of the few times I appreciate my clothes shrinking, I always stretch them out!

By the way, your sig is from that movie "Legend" right? I've been trying to track it down for awhile now because I remember seeing it once a LONG time ago, and if I remember it's roughly Zelda the movie, ferry boy fights evil demon. Well I'm sure that's the premise to a LOT of stories, but yeah, tight sig. I think I heard a rumor that that's Tim Curry who plays the demon guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 pm
I usually wash things when they are stinky! If it doesn't stink then it deserves another wear.

I leave Sunday for doing washing, unless I need to put in a special wash (silks, etc), then I do it as and when  

YACHlRU

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces