Election Day in USA - Tuesday November 4 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky Lass 38

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 am
Geezers! PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!
Barack Obama needs every single vote to change our country and bring it into the 21st century! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:33 am
Reasons to vote:

1. Those who do not exercise their rights will have those rights taken away.

2. Those who don't vote may be responsible for their party's loss. (Remember Florida and Indecision 2000?)

3. No matter which party wins, history is going to be made. We'll either have the first black male president, or the first female vice-president. These are exciting times. Get up and be a part of them.

4. If you don't vote, and things don't go your way, you have forfeited the right to kvetch about it.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am
Yes people! We all must vote! And for those of you in California, please vote NO on 8! It's an incredible discriminatory proposition that seeks to take away the right for same sex couples to get married! We cannot allow this to pass!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:39 am
Divash
Reasons to vote:

1. Those who do not exercise their rights will have those rights taken away.

2. Those who don't vote may be responsible for their party's loss. (Remember Florida and Indecision 2000?)

3. No matter which party wins, history is going to be made. We'll either have the first black male president, or the first female vice-president. These are exciting times. Get up and be a part of them.

4. If you don't vote, and things don't go your way, you have forfeited the right to kvetch about it.
Reminds of the ad on tv about that and the reason I registered in the first place. I guy was going threw a fast food drive-thu and every time he started to order a loud mouth came in, interrupted and shouted a different order to the speaker. The moral was if you don't vote, you give up your right to speak.

I still don't know who I'm voting for, sweatdrop , but I will vote.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm
I won't vote for Obama or Palin... so I guess I will not vote...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 pm
Lil-Jo
I won't vote for Obama or Palin... so I guess I will not vote...

There are other candidates . . .  

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Topaz Citrine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:04 am
I'll be glad when it's over we must of had ten phone calls from both parties....ugh.....but we vote today and that will be that...so we are casting two votes for the obama team and we have to also vote on the House and senate in our area.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 am
Haha, I'm voting for McCain. :3

If you do your research, Obama is a very bad man.
Most people are voting for him just because of his color and it would make history.  

Euphy Doll

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 am
Lil-Jo:
If you can't support Obama or McCain, vote Green or Libertarian. There are more than just two candidates, and those other parties need to be supported, too.

Euphy Doll:
Voting for Obama would give us our first non-white president; voting for McCain would give us our first female vice-president. Either of the two major parties will be history-making.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:25 am
Euphy Doll
Haha, I'm voting for McCain. :3

If you do your research, Obama is a very bad man.
Most people are voting for him just because of his color and it would make history.

i so wanna know why obama is such a bad man
i did my research on both candidates and the only people that will benefit from mccain being prez is people that income monthly is over 6 figures so unless you are a multi millionaire then hey stay and vote for mccain but us small business owners and who feel like the last 8 yrs has put this country in turmoil and doesnt want to see another couple of yrs like it is now should vote for obama
and if this because its stated somewhere that he is a muslim then you need to go back and research your facts again because the man when to a muslim school back when he was 7 im sure if you have kids you dont let you 6 and 7 yr olds dictate what school they are gonna go to so he had no choice

and its funny that people are calling this a race thing okay the mans skin color is black but hes also white so this country will have the best of both worlds people are so ignorant this day and age and its said because at the end of the day its the color of your skin that gets you where you need or should be

or dont think that voting for mccain is the best because he has a running mate that is dumber then a man that has a 6 grade education she knows nothing but how she wants to go to war with people that did nothing to america plus she needs t o sit her butt home and take care of her kids cause evidently she has no control over her family cause if she did her daughter wouldnt have gotten pregnant

the problem with most people in america is that they are so gullible and go by hearsay instead of paying attention and finding stuff for themselves thats why the country is so ******** up
mccain wants to give americans money yeah that sounds good not really because the money that he is giving you is to go towards insurance which hes gonna raise the cost of it in which not one middle class working person will ever be able to pay in terms will lose health insurance and thats someting that you really need
but obama wants to fine you if you dont have insurance whats so bad about that uhhhh nothing cause thats trying to make you a responsible person i mean i know i have no money to pay an outstanding fine so uhh i need to get some health insurance for my family

mccain wants to take jobs away from americans and move them across seas hmmmmm how the hell are we suppose to have money to pay for anything
when ion the other hand obama wants to make things happen to where americans can have jobs

not trying to get you up set cause thats not what i do but [please dont be blinded by what everyone who hates obama say because they are just trying to make him look bad
but vote based on the real issues  

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Beautiful_Introvert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 am
Divash
Lil-Jo:
If you can't support Obama or McCain, vote Green or Libertarian. There are more than just two candidates, and those other parties need to be supported, too.

Euphy Doll:
Voting for Obama would give us our first non-white president; voting for McCain would give us our first female vice-president. Either of the two major parties will be history-making.

Plus wouldn't voting for McCain make history for oldest elected president?

And whoever said Obama was a bad man, at least he didn't divorce his crippled wife for a rich one (a month after his divorce, I might add), and at least Obama was successful in school. And I'm sure McCain has some skeletons in the closet that haven't been brought to light.

I'm not saying I voted for Obama, I'm just saying how can you call him a very bad man...that's unfairly judging him and not looking at what he can do for this country.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 am
I voted today!! ^_^  

SaturnineZero

Lucas Red

6,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 am
WOOT WOOT

I VOTED!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am
biggrin I did, too! Then went to Starbucks and got a free coffee for showing off my "I voted" sticker. I need to run to Krispy Kreme sometime today, too, to get mah free donut. heart  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

elwine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:01 am
blubombay
mccain wants to give americans money yeah that sounds good not really because the money that he is giving you is to go towards insurance which hes gonna raise the cost of it in which not one middle class working person will ever be able to pay in terms will lose health insurance and thats someting that you really need

((Just adding a little))
Giving out money is just going to mess up the economy even more and put the country in even more debt than we already are. Prices are going to go up, but what we get paid isn't. You see the trend.

blubombay
but obama wants to fine you if you dont have insurance whats so bad about that uhhhh nothing cause thats trying to make you a responsible person i mean i know i have no money to pay an outstanding fine so uhh i need to get some health insurance for my family

((and commenting on this))
What's so bad about that you ask? A lot of things. For one, I happen to not have health insurance. I can't afford it. Tack on a fine, I'll be struggling to afford that. Not all college kids (like me) have their parents to help with anything. I can't be on their insurance. Why? They kicked me out. Plain and simple. They don't consider me their daughter. I don't want any sympathy, so please don't. I'm quite okay with it. But that's getting into another story.

Back on topic, however. Fineing people for not having something they can't afford isn't going to do anything. What needs to happen is health care costs need to drop. Or all employers need to offer it (mine doesn't).  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff