Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 am
hes not doing away with medicaid or medicare if you do not have the means to afford heatlh insurance there are less expensive ones i made sure that my son had insurance before he was born and not ashamed to admitt that it was and still is medicaid

and i so agree with insurance needing to be less expensive hince the reason my son has medicaid cause in order to carry me and him im dishing out toooo much though we are getting the same treatments  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:32 am
blubombay
hes not doing away with medicaid or medicare if you do not have the means to afford heatlh insurance there are less expensive ones i made sure that my son had insurance before he was born and not ashamed to admitt that it was and still is medicaid

and i so agree with insurance needing to be less expensive hince the reason my son has medicaid cause in order to carry me and him im dishing out toooo much though we are getting the same treatments

I'm in that lovely medium, where I earn enough to not be eligible for Medicaid/Medicare, but MUCH too poor for the premiums I'm been given estimates for. So what am I supposed to do? rolleyes  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:00 pm
I voted this morning. I was still undecided about whose button I should press, but hearing my dad's take earlier in the week, I chose Obama. He was saying that McCain was too Bush like and I really didn't like the sound of that.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:13 pm
The ONLY thing I agree with Obama on is health insurance. There needs to be caps on mal-practice suits and the like because too many fricken hypochondriacs are sue-happy. That's what insurance is sooo god damn finicky. I should know, I just got kicked off mine because I couldn't afford classes this semester and they are revoking EVERYTHING they paid for. And thanks to our lovely democrat idiot in the state office, I can't even qualify for a helping program. So they punish the people already broke.

I actually rode a horse to the polling place today! Fun times. Must say, there was a massive amount of McCain suppourters there (woot!). I only saw one Obama sign in the whole damn town. Makes me happy of my small-town roots.  

charamath

sunsetsmile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:54 pm
You betcha I voted!! wink

How great to ride a horse to the polls! Although even here in this bit of "in the country," I'd have had to tie the poor horse up for quite a while---lines! Hurray! Voting is something so many never realize the value of, unless/until they lose the opportunity. I can't imagine living where I wouldn't have a voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:01 pm
tbh, being that the elections are a majority vote, there really is no point in the other parties. let's be honest here, on top of the ivory and a** being in the news and ads 24/7, who's really going to think, "omg, I'm gonna vote independent" or whoever else might be out there, cause you just don't hear much if anything about them.
now, this election has the huge issue of race...it shouldn't matter!

I honestly wouldn't vote for another old 'war hero'(no offense on the old part). I guess you could call me a 'hippie' in a sense, cause this country needs change whether it likes it or now, in which case I would go for obama over mccain any day. like my mom(lil-jo), I tend to weigh the odds and if it's even worth going out and wasting my time.
I'm not voting this election, I didn't vote last election, and chances are I won't vote next election either, unless forced.

there, I've had my fill of politics for one day  

freaxy
Crew

charamath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:03 pm
I timed it so that I went when everyone was either at work or in school. Pretty much no lines. He had yard to eat at least!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:10 pm
I wish I could vote if i did it would be McCain (gotta love immigration taking forever with my citizenship).  

Elspeth Telrunya

Euphy Doll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 pm
Beautiful_Introvert

Euphy Doll:
Voting for Obama would give us our first non-white president; voting for McCain would give us our first female vice-president. Either of the two major parties will be history-making.

Plus wouldn't voting for McCain make history for oldest elected president?

And whoever said Obama was a bad man, at least he didn't divorce his crippled wife for a rich one (a month after his divorce, I might add), and at least Obama was successful in school. And I'm sure McCain has some skeletons in the closet that haven't been brought to light.

I'm not saying I voted for Obama, I'm just saying how can you call him a very bad man...that's unfairly judging him and not looking at what he can do for this country.

Having a first black president will have much more emphasis and impact than a first female vice president or older president. And before you say Obama is not black, he himself said he was. Or do you think he's lying? Then a lot of people are voting for a liar. Which he is. He lies about how he is Christian when he is really Muslim.

I don't care about Obama's marital life. I won't vote for a man who supports his cousin in Kenya who burns people and Christians alive if voting doesn't go his way. I'd rather vote for a veteran who fought for our country than a man who is a descendant of the terrorists who caused thousands of Americans to die 7 years ago.

They can dress Obama up to look like a legite American good-doer, but he's still a terrorist. Did you even see when he was dressed in a turbin and had a long pointed beard? You want THAT to change America?

User Image

And here's some more for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2oR1ltTgY

Kay I have to hurry and go vote now. Be back later!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 pm
This is strictly a racial election and I would never vote in a racial debate of any kind. If Obama wins then we will have an uproar (which has already started to happen) with the racial hate groups. If McCain wins then the black community will be in an uproar because they will say that he lost because he is black and that will cause more racial hate.

Obama's ties with family in Kenya bother me, but because the government can still stop him from radical moves I am not worried about that part as much. I am worried about what is going to happen with the progress our country has made, no matter how much or how little, against racial hate.

Having a black (half black) president is not going to change things for minorities, I think it is going to make it worse. People I have talked to say having a black president will make opportunities for minorities, that they will finally get ahead... once again, making this a racial election.

Plus I see the US having to fight the racial hate groups in country, causing who knows what...

On the flip side, I do not want another old war hero type that lets a woman (Palin) run everything for him. And Palin has no place in office, she is the type that just says things to people that they want to hear, regardless of who she is and what she stands for. She is all mouth.

This election was basically a choice of bad and worse.  

Lil-Jo
Crew

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am
It's dissapointing that this random nobody with a shadey background and uncaring attitude about his white family members has to be the 'first black president'. If Condi or Colin Powell had run- race wouldn't have played an issue nearly as much because they atually have credentials!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:39 pm
just shows that racism (or even sexism) doesn't get you anywhere  

freaxy
Crew

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:44 pm
wow at that picture i wonder who photoshopped that and kenya is in afirca not the middle eastern
so you mean to tell me his mother a white woman who raised him was a muslim wowwwwww you guys need to stfu yall are ignorant and dumb he was raised by a white woman in a white household by his white grand parents since yall wanna talk about his family its soooo funny how yall left that part out stop being stuck in the 1800s and open your eyes it was time for a change im tired of seeing the same old wrinkled up a** man being our president black people reside and make up half of this countries population if it wasnt for black people half of the stuff we have today wouldnt exist
as for what goes on with his family in kenya thats his family in kenya yall prolly have some ******** up family members who do outrageous s**t beyond your control you cant pick your family members so stop being stupid and open up to change  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:06 pm
Ah yes, Obama's white family- there's the mother I never saw on stage last night, the grandfather who he couldn't even remember what country the man faught for in WW2 and the gradmother he so pleasantly labeled as a 'typical white woman' while talking about her being inatly racist. Yes, lets look at Obama's care for his white family.... If he's going to stand on the shoulders of the black side only while disrespecting those that actually raised him, then he's got to be prepared to take the s**t that comes with it.....  

charamath

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:07 pm
since you did so much research on the bad things obama has done you should know that his grandmother died the other day his mother and his grandfather are dead too and he doesnt have a relationship with his father
so like i have constantly stated before dont speak on anything you know nothing about get your facts straight before you start saying someone is a bad person and he has always paid credit to the people that has raised him and and even to his father that didnt  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff