65%
 65%  [ 25 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

luvbunny4278

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 am
I was really happy when I woke up this morning and found out that Obama won, I am very proud of our country for making a change and very happy that I was not only alive, but young enough that I can tell my children about it in the future. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this.......

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:37 am
Im honestly thrilled! I think he will make an excellent president. And perhaps the best part of it for me is that the first president my niece remembers will be one with intelligence, charisma and skill.  

Azure Alexea

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 pm
i was soo excited i cried for like hours on hours last night i didnt get into bed until like 4 this morning from being out in my neighborhood celebrating with other people its just crazy i mean this is history its time for a change and last night a change was made  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:57 pm
blubombay
i was soo excited i cried for like hours on hours last night i didnt get into bed until like 4 this morning from being out in my neighborhood celebrating with other people its just crazy i mean this is history its time for a change and last night a change was made

I cried as well this morning when I watched his speach and the reality all sunk in...... Finally I feel like I was listened to  

luvbunny4278

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:49 pm
I'm having a hard time seeing how skin pigment= change. He still a typical politician. He's still a man. He still lies just like everyone before him. And he'll probably not come through on pretty much everything like nearly every other president before. Being black doesn't make him superman. Would anyone be saying 'Yay for change!' if a white politician with the same exact viewpoints had won?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:45 pm
charamath
I'm having a hard time seeing how skin pigment= change. He still a typical politician. He's still a man. He still lies just like everyone before him. And he'll probably not come through on pretty much everything like nearly every other president before. Being black doesn't make him superman. Would anyone be saying 'Yay for change!' if a white politician with the same exact viewpoints had won?

uhhh yeah  

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:58 pm
Well then why was he chosen over some nominees who were more experianced, with almost carbon-copy views? He had two things going for him- he speeks well in public for the most part, and he's a minority. That's about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:53 pm
charamath
Well then why was he chosen over some nominees who were more experianced, with almost carbon-copy views? He had two things going for him- he speeks well in public for the most part, and he's a minority. That's about it.

Erm....no.

Obama isn't just like every politician that ran. For one thing, he's highly educated, which McCain was not. He doesn't believe in the trickle down economic bullshit plan that got us where we are. And honestly, electing him raised our global standing enormously.

Do I think that by this time next year we'll be skipping along with our truckloads of money and that all of our troops will be home? No, of course not and if anyone does then they're insane.

If McCain hadn't moved so far to the right to pander to the GOP he might have won. But he picked Caribou Barbie as his running mate and bent over backwards to give head to the conservative rightwing, and that's why he lost.

And yeah...I'm proud that we will finally see a black man in the White House, but if he wasn't the best candidate, I wouldn't have voted for him.  

virtuelessone

Wicked Bloodsucker

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:08 pm
thank you thank you thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 pm
so no other democratic nominee was highley educated? Damn, I guess that explains alot about that party then....  

charamath

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:13 pm
I don't feel he is experienced enough to do the job people elected him for, he was elected because of skin color. He has no military background and only 2 years in the US senate... Plus I feel that this is actually going to split races more than bring them together. I worry about his ties with family in Kenya. I do not have the same feelings about many of his beliefs... mainly late term (or any) abortion.

My list of fears go on, but they get personal and I am not one to fight what I feel. I will give him a chance, but I do so knowing that if he makes too radical of moves or does something wrong the government can still stop him.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:20 pm
charamath
so no other democratic nominee was highley educated? Damn, I guess that explains alot about that party then....

Hmm...not what I said, at all. I said Obama was highly educated and that McCain was not...but sure, go ahead and interpret what I said however you want...I don't mind. My candidate won...  

virtuelessone

Wicked Bloodsucker

charamath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 pm
I wasn't asking about McCain, I was asking why Obama was picked over more experianced Demoracts with the same views. I interpretted your answer as to what my original question actually was.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 am
Lil-Jo
I don't feel he is experienced enough to do the job people elected him for, he was elected because of skin color. He has no military background and only 2 years in the US senate... Plus I feel that this is actually going to split races more than bring them together. I worry about his ties with family in Kenya. I do not have the same feelings about many of his beliefs... mainly late term (or any) abortion.

My list of fears go on, but they get personal and I am not one to fight what I feel. I will give him a chance, but I do so knowing that if he makes too radical of moves or does something wrong the government can still stop him.

His ties with his family in Kenya are pretty much verbal only, from what I've seen. I am sure he is probably still in contact with them and so forth, but there is a reason he was raised by his grandmother in Hawaii. And it really doesn't have anything to do with how he will be in office.

He doesn't have as much experience as McCain, but look at McCain's choices while he was running. I tried to keep balanced on what both candidates were saying, watched both republican and democratic candidates closely. Honestly McCain never seemed to be in step with what was going on around him. His arguments never really hit home with me or my friends or family because they never seemed to be about what was going on with the economy, or foreign policy, or whatever was under discussion. And don't even get me started on his choice of running mate. She brought him down faster than a mailman with meat pants walking through an animal shelter.  

Lycangoddess

Lycangoddess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:12 am
virtuelessone
charamath

Erm....no.

Obama isn't just like every politician that ran. For one thing, he's highly educated, which McCain was not. He doesn't believe in the trickle down economic bullshit plan that got us where we are. And honestly, electing him raised our global standing enormously.

Do I think that by this time next year we'll be skipping along with our truckloads of money and that all of our troops will be home? No, of course not and if anyone does then they're insane.

If McCain hadn't moved so far to the right to pander to the GOP he might have won. But he picked Caribou Barbie as his running mate and bent over backwards to give head to the conservative rightwing, and that's why he lost.

And yeah...I'm proud that we will finally see a black man in the White House, but if he wasn't the best candidate, I wouldn't have voted for him.

YES!!! You pegged it exactly right.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces