65%
 65%  [ 25 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 38

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 am
What Obama did better than any other Democratic nominee?

Refused to take the bait, drink the koolaid, or otherwise be dragged off message. Democrats include lots of different kinds of folks, and some of them are easy targets for the ridicule and/or censure. Obama was tough to target, because he's just so... fundamentally decent, sane, and mind-over-matter intelligent. He's even tempered; keeps his cool, even under fire. Loves [only] on his wife, jokes and grins at his kids off AND on camera, and sternly corrects those who speak lies. Show me any other Democrat who managed all that, and you'd see another contender.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:27 am
I'm not quite sure how I feel about Obama being president. I just hope he gets the job done right. At first I was against him because I thought his main objective was to be elected first black president. And of course he got what he wanted, and now he will be a big part in our history. I think most of his votes were simply because he is black and I also think that there are going to be problems because of that. I already heard on tv that there have been attempts at asassination, and I wont doubt that there will be others.

Mccain had my vote until he brought on Palin. I just think that the whole thing with her daughter is absurd and immoral, and she definitely shouldnt be in office if she thinks it's alright for 15 year olds to have babies. She needs to focus on being a better mother before she can focus on our country.

These are just my thoughts and I thought I would share them.

God Bless the U.S.A heart And may God protect it as well heart  

lenoree

charamath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27671290

So, our economy is in tatters and our president elect is TOO DAMNED SCARED TO EVEN MEET WITH FOREIGN OFFICIALS ABOUT IT! Whatever optimisim I had about the guy is now gone. He's doing just what I figured he'd do- sit there with no clue what to do about anything. Who cares if Bush is still Pres?! Still GO so at least when you're in office YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AT THIS VERY IMPORTANT MEETING! So what if they 'size you up'- you're already the elect, it's going to happen sometime! Ok, rant done. Still pissed that he's not even trying, but rant done.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:58 am
Where I live mining is were our jobs are. He is against mining and will tax them till they close. I hope they dont so many familys are dependant on those jobs and around here there isnt anything else exept flipping burgers.  

chdllthstll

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:28 am
@charamath: Why should he if Bush is already going? I for one, don't see the use of having two representatives of the US show up at that meeting. If that meeting would have been on January 21st, he would have gone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 pm
Who cares if Bush is going? HE'S the one who is going to inherit the economy in a few months, not Bush. He needs to be there so that he is fully prepared when he takes office. This is a very important meeting- it could change everything. What is he going to do - ask Bush how it went?! What kind of message is this sending other world leaders? Bush invited him, so he obviously doesn't care about Obama stepping on his toes! There really is no good excuse not to go.  

charamath

Maester_Leoshin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:02 pm
I saw on the news the other day that Bush is the most unpopular Pres. in U.S. history. Even worse than Nixon. His daddy must be so proud of him. lol.

Everyone who runs for president lies to make them look good. They'll say whatever just to get a vote.

Now I'm not being racist but I really don't think now is the best time to have a black Muslim as the president. I think when he gets inaugurated people are gonna get even more pissed off when he wants to put his hand on the Koran instead of the Bible. My opinion he is going to cause more racism and hate within the states.

I may not be Christian but from what I know of the Bible it looks like the stories in Revelations are coming true. Obama is the anti-christ and will cause the fall of America.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 am
Maester_Leoshin
I saw on the news the other day that Bush is the most unpopular Pres. in U.S. history. Even worse than Nixon. His daddy must be so proud of him. lol.

Everyone who runs for president lies to make them look good. They'll say whatever just to get a vote.

Now I'm not being racist but I really don't think now is the best time to have a black Muslim as the president. I think when he gets inaugurated people are gonna get even more pissed off when he wants to put his hand on the Koran instead of the Bible. My opinion he is going to cause more racism and hate within the states.

I may not be Christian but from what I know of the Bible it looks like the stories in Revelations are coming true. Obama is the anti-christ and will cause the fall of America.

Except... he's not muslim. And that bit about the Koran is fabricated. It has been proven so for months now. Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that someone still buys into that crap.

He converted to christianity when he was still young. Criminy, why does everyone seem intent on hanging that over a guy's head?  

QuestionableMeatProducts

Maester_Leoshin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:01 pm
To keep him out of the WHITE House.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:27 am
Honestly with the times the way they are today it doesn't not surprise me people would vote in a black president. This change in the way people view minorities has been coming for quite some time now. It is just happened a little at a time so people got used to it. The main point that seems to be brought up is there where no black presidents in US history. Well then you trickle down to the Senators "and still not that many". When looking at governors I was sadly let down yet again. I had all but given up hope until it dawned on me the shear amount of politicians over the years of African american descent. It was there that I found my answer of exactly why so many people where surprise people would alow this.

It was due to the fact these people where in high positions of power yet not directly at the forefront of politics.  

Agamum

Newbie Genius

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:36 pm
charamath
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27671290

So, our economy is in tatters and our president elect is TOO DAMNED SCARED TO EVEN MEET WITH FOREIGN OFFICIALS ABOUT IT! Whatever optimisim I had about the guy is now gone. He's doing just what I figured he'd do- sit there with no clue what to do about anything. Who cares if Bush is still Pres?! Still GO so at least when you're in office YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AT THIS VERY IMPORTANT MEETING! So what if they 'size you up'- you're already the elect, it's going to happen sometime! Ok, rant done. Still pissed that he's not even trying, but rant done.

As far as I've heard, he's sending reps to the summit to tell him what goes on. Bush is still president and that is very important because it means that Obama has no power to do anything right now. Bush has all the power and no one is watching him right now really. He is also the most unpopular president ever and he is at the end of his second term with somewhere around 60+ days to sign anything he can that he knows Obama won't. Most things signed by a president take effect within 60 days and once they do take effect are very difficult to reverse.

According to the article, "The plight of the lame duck" by David Greenberg of the L.A times from Aug. 17, 2008:
"Bush, too, is less passive than he seems. His political staff in the bureaucracy is quietly advancing a conservative agenda. The White House recently proposed a radical change to the Endangered Species Act that would allow government agencies to bypass a heretofore mandatory scientific review process that evaluates the impact of their actions. The Department of Health and Human Services drafted a new rule that could redefine abortion to include some forms of contraception and allow doctors and pharmacists to deny them to women as they see fit. And the Education Department has been plunging ahead with a plan to force colleges and universities to submit to standardized assessments that could do for higher education what the No Child Left Behind Act has done for secondary schooling."
If you'd like to read that whole thing here's the link:
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sunday/commentary/la-oe-greenberg17-2008aug17,0,3413713.story

Is this really good? I don't think so but that's totally my opinion. The fact that this isnt the full extent of what Bush can or will do is also worrisome. But it puts into perspective that even though Obama is president-elect, he is nothing but a figure-head until January. And as he's resigned from his senate seat as of this sunday I believe, he isnt even a senator anymore. All he can do is watch and plan.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:28 am
I did not vote for him to be president. The fact people cry at his speeches and think this man is some sort of "messiah" like a cult following is scary to me. rolleyes He is just a man who has a job to do and I hope he doesn't make rash decisions and pander to all these special interest groups that helped get him elected. If he wants to stay in power, he will have to move from his radical thinking to the middle. He has two years with a democratic majority in the house and senate before elections and then we will see how he is doing. There could be a change back to republican majority if he doesn't do well and that will keep him in check. blaugh  

Creator Nan

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am
Maester_Leoshin

There's nothing wrong with being a muslim as long as you're progressive. It's the conservatism that poses a threat to the US. And if Obama was a conservative muslim, he would be a republican, not a democrat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:40 am
Maester_Leoshin

I highly doubt that Obama is the "Anti-Christ" due to that fact he is not from the Middle Eastern Countries (for those of you reading this who are to lazy to do research of your own so you don't confuse two completely different countries with each other the Middle Eastern Countries are in the Iraq area) his father is from a country in East Africa, and his mother is a white American. so excuse me but I see a flaw in the whole "Obama being the Anti-Christ" conspiracy  

Lita Kuragari

Angelique Demone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 pm
I didn't vote for Obama and wouldn't even if he was white, pink, or green. He is too inexperienced and I feel he has promised way more than he can deliver. The first words out of his mouth after being elected was that it was going to take more than a year or two to get many of his ideas implimented. I saw an interview with a woman that said that she is glad that he was elected because now she wouldn't have to worry about making her house payment and paying for gas because Obama was going to take care of things and that if we, the public take care of him, he'll take care of us. Do most people who voted for him have the misguided notion that he is in any way going to make their house payments for them or lower the price of gas? The price of gas is down because people have drastically cut back on their use of. You know, supply and demand. Obama can't stop the forclosure of home as this woman was insinuating. Hell, bank after bank is going bankrupt and now the three main car manufactures are going bankrupt. Exactly what kind of change was Obama planning on making and how did he plan to accomplish this change? I watched what he and other candidates had to say, but no one had any plan, (that they would actually talk about). If there was a plan mentioned and I missed it, please let me in on it. I didn't care for any of the candidates, but in all fairness, I sincerely hope that Obama turns out to be a good president, otherwise we are all screwed.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff