Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
What would you have done in this situation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:50 pm
I was at home surfing the net when i happened to look out my window and see my little sisters boyfriend hit her. I waited until he left and and confronted my sister about it. She asked me not to do anything drastic. I sat and thought about it awhile. He stopped by later to try and apologise to her. When i answered the door, i struck him as hard as i could. Needless to say he got beaten senseless for hitting my little sister! As for legalities, we both agreed to stay out of court and he agreed to never see her again.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:27 pm
You might have gone a tiny bit overboard by beating the guy up, but I can obviously understand why you did that. (I would have done the same thing.)

I'm glad that you confronted your sister - and her boyfriend. Obviously, she does not deserve a guy that hits her in front of their house.

But on the down side, does your sister know that you did that? Of course, she may not be happy about it.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:03 pm
She was at my house. She lives with me and she saw what i did. I am not proud of what i did. But that will happen to any boy that i see hit her.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 am
Beating him senseless would've been over board.

Punching him dead on is right on.

Punching him later instead of at the moment was right because he's unlikely to learn anything in the heat of a moment.

However the only thing I think you glitched on was not going right out when you saw it happen.

Even though that wasn't the time to take him on... it was the time to be there for her.

Aside from being a little late in coming to her... you did the right thing.

I personally would've gone out and saw to my sister in the moment, next time he showed up I would've clocked him and then explained to him that if I ever saw him near my sister again that I would dedicate the rest of my life to ruining the rest of his. Then if he didn't take me at my word not only would he have gotten beaten senseless at that point but I would dig into his life and find all of his weaknesses and exploited every single one of them step by step. I would make friends with his friends and destroy his social network. I work get all of his skeletons from his closets and package them up and pass that information to his friends and family. Anything and everything to crush his spirit.

I tend to go a little over board on my psychological warfare though.  

Grypesagon

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:03 am
I don't think you went overboard at all.

Had that been my sister and that guy had been her boyfriend and he had hit her, I would have done the same.. that is- after my mom would have beaten him and my grandma would have run him over with her wheelchair and my dad had gotten to him before them and beaten him with a bat.. I probably woulda gone after him with a knife.. xp

Family should always stick up for family and that is exactly what you did.

But, seriously.. I bet had she forgiven him, he would have tried it again.

No guy should ever hit a girl (and, vice versa). I just see it as wrong. And, I believe it's a good thing she isn't seeing him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 pm
Her ex boyfriend was extremely lucky i didn't have my police issue baton in my hand when i struck him. Like i said i dont like to resort to violence, but i will if i deem it necessary.

Working as a medic, i have seen the results of things like this continuing. I now know it wouldn't have been a good idea to beat her ex senseless with my baton, my fists got my point across much more efficiently.  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items