Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissAlanius

1,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:01 am
I was in the forums today (Geezers Game) and I had an item start bouncing all over the screen. I never touched it and got off of the forums. Then I received a message that said I received an item, inside was an enchanted chest. I have the option to open it but am afraid of hackers and viruses. Does anyone know anything about these items?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:52 am
Rare event, it's legit, don't worry.  

Niede

Shirtless Vampire

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:56 am
Wow. Rare events are so rare that people don't even recognize them anymore?

Gaia has these random events where it gives you a trunk/giftbox/whatever. It's safe, so you can open it or sell it. Tektek has a list of all the possible items that may be inside whatever you got.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:02 am
Lucky, what did you get?  

rocksteadyandbebop

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:49 am
I received one myself a little while ago, but before then, it has been years since I've seen one.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 am
When I first joined, I use to get them 2 or 3 times a week, at least.  

Niede

Shirtless Vampire

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 am
I missed those rare events. Last one I got a was month or so ago. I wanted to take a screen shot, but I pressed the wrong button and lost it. With the fear of hackers, scammers, and scriptors, and what Karill said people too scared to click on them to get real legit items. Items from when Gaia was good.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:00 pm
weirdly enough, I've had more rare events in the last 2 months than I did in the last 4 years.

They must be rarer than I think if people don't recognise them!

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100

saphire023

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:22 pm
That is great that you got a trunk. If you want you can open it up, but I would advise selling it if you are trying to get gold.

I think I have received a wooden trunk once before. I think it was around the time I started Gaia, but haven't gotten a trunk since then. I have gotten a few giftboxes. I think I have gotten 1 pink giftbox, 1 blue giftbox, and 2 regular giftboxes. The one that surprised me the most was about a week or so ago the overseer gave me a giftbox. I was like eek !  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 pm
Yeah, that is the reason the boxes are tanking like they are. People exploiting the Overseer. By making several accounts to get more items. Causing the items they get to tank.  

LanceCalvis

MissAlanius

1,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:42 pm
Guess I should have sold it...Black retro t.v. But I was happy just to get something.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:42 pm
Eh, I do still like opening them. xd That teeny chance that you might get something good.

It's a pity, though. Used to get them so often. But more users makes the events so rare that newer users don't even know about them.

I'm with you, Niede. I remember getting them so frequently. It's been at least 5 weeks since I last got one. Ah, well.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Miss Abigal of Lenox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:46 pm
I was just in town and a pink box came floating by and I clicked on it and I got the bad word sign like you get in slots when nothing matches, so I clicked on some more bugs and tried to click on it and again the same thing, so I didn't get the pink box, I don't think that's fair, why put it in if you can't win it. Shame on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:25 pm
ooo congrats on getting a rare gaia event! smile

I got them only a few times a year. you are so lucky. (and it's safe, no worries)

3nodding  

Saint_Maria

Suede_Shoes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:35 pm
You know, whatever happened to the pink links? Has anyone seen those, recently?  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff