Reply Serious Conversations
Age differences. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelplustwo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:19 pm
my boyfriend is 46 and i am 31 at first age didn't matter and it still doesn't except on some issues lol.we grew up way different .he thinks the only reason i am here is to wait on him he has a more old fashion view on relationships where as i am a firm believer in equal rights between us i don't believe the only purpose women have is to be there family's slave. as soon as my kids are in school i have every intention of showing him that he can and will take care of himself while i go back to work and start doing things for me again.i have high hopes he will adjust lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:39 pm
User Image

I've always had a thing for older guys, but never acted on that urge till I was in my early 20s. What can I say, I'll take experince over youthful vigor any day. I met the man who is my husband when I was 24, he was 32. The age difference isn't even an issue between us (though most of the time I feel like the only mature one). I suppose it just depends on the maturity of each person if age really makes a difference in a relationship. I don't think someone under 20 should date someone in their 30s though...there's life lessons and growing still to be done.

Kaoru 81

Siumbering Princess22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm
i think the same thing. i mean im gonna be 23 in march and i just wonder will 30 still sound so old as i get closer to it? Like I feel pretty odd about the idea of dating someone who is 30. But then I guess when I was 15 the idea of dating a guy in his 20's seemed strange to. Ahh 30 I don't ever wanna think of myself as 30, geez I'm getting old. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:32 pm
Let me just say this first: No man is going to tell me Im staying home to wait on his couch-potato a** while Im bare-foot and prego... hehhehe.. in the wise words of Major Payne "My foot will be so far up your a** the water on my knee will quench your thirst"... LOLOL

Im going to be 34, George just turned 28... there are a few things he needs to remember when it comes to intelligence and how people dont need to be questioned when that person has already answered a question... but he is a truck driver and a grease-monkey.. and lets face it.. most men in that trade get the biggest egos possible... I remind him of his place, the place where people regardless of those who have a v****a or not, are supposed to be equal... There are a few times he pulls the 'I am smarter than thou".. and all I have to do is sit back and watch him make an a** out of him self all on his own... then he gives me the look of "Im sorry, you were right"... heheheh

"Why Did I Get Married?" by Tyler Perry.... there is a great scene where the guys are discussing the 80-20 rule... George is my 80%, the other 20% gets drowned in estrogen! LOL  

Wixandrettas

MojinR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:51 am
I date older, normal. Or rather I attract older women. That's just my karma. Now, I can like and get along with women my age but normally, older is just what I end up with. 21 years old and I've never dated anyone less than 3 years older than. Which was a pretty big difference when I was 14 with a 17 year old gf.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:03 am
*sighs* My uncle (50ish) is dating a woman who is 23....one year older than me, his niece. I'm actually pretty upset about this.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Horizon Dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:01 pm
OMG......I thought it was really amusing when I came upon this thread! LOL The reason why is that I am 47 and my wife is 63. Actually her oldest daughter is my age! Our age differences has not been a problem and we have been together almost 3 years now. My wife is my best friend. Yes, when we go out, people say something about me being with my mother! It just makes us laugh. She is in no way my mother nor acts like my mother. In the sex department that is A+!!!! biggrin There is not another woman I would rather be with, my friends. I love her so. heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:41 am
I'm 19 and my man's 24. 5 year difference there. =' O  

Otia

Beloved Streaker

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:47 am
I just remembered. biggrin My mother dates a man two months younger than my other half.

That's okay, for I know for sure that my mom isn't the type who would seriously bind herself to anyone ever again. She is furious about keeping her independence. I don't know does the age difference itself bother me, just slightly that man she's close with has bit too much macho in him. x) One gets used to it, and despite that bit redneck attitude, he's pretty okay. (And he already knows damn well not to start a ruckus with me.)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:56 am
Think nothing about it.... I will be 49 in May and my hubby is 56. Eight year split! Sometimes it shows, sometimes not, all depends on the situation. And even though I'm 48 going on 49, I have a lot of energy, but he manages to keep up! BTW our aniversary is today!  

Venuslady

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:07 pm
I always dated older men. In 9th grade; dated a Senior. From 10th grade up; dated men in College. When I was 18; dated a guy who was 28. Even had men in their 40's asking me out at 19 (to me that was just too creepy and I never did that). Low and behold, I marry someone only 1 year older than me and we are going to be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this year. Go figure blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:48 am
I don't think there is any problem with age gaps - so long as both partners are of-age, adults, of course. You can't help who you fall in love with, and year of birth seems a random way to judge people.

Hubby is 10 yrs older than me, we got married at 24 and 34... he looks good, so we have never looked odd together! biggrin  

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Liriel_the_Dark-Maiden

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:13 pm
I honestly don't think age (as long as you are both adults) should be a consideration if you love a person. However, if you feel uncomfortable with it then perhaps you should ask yourself why it makes you feel that way. Perhaps there is something else about the relationship (other than age) that is causing your feelings of discomfort?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 pm
baby mama is 20 and im 24 lol jk no seriously though my gf and I do have a 4 year difference but I guess she'd be the more mature one out of the two sometimes.  

Chris de Medich

oO Momma T Oo

Aged Explorer

5,400 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:36 pm
I like the 10% younger, 20% older rule. I've always heard the half plus seven rule. Meaning you take the older person's age, divide by two, and add 7. That's the youngest the younger person should be. So, I'm 21, divide by two is 10.5, add 7 is 17.5. However, I think special attention should be payed to differences in life stage. So, I wouldn't date someone who was 17 because they'd probably still be in high school, whereas I'm about to finish college.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff