Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Music Room
Hi! My names Melody. :3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm
It really is, but its not the point of the topic.

I was looking at my itunes and was very sad to say that I need new music. I've been listening to the same things over and over again and most of the music in there is "old" due to the fact that I never really look anymore. Lets say I just got extremely discouraged by the amount of crap (my opinion) thats been churned out the last few years.

So. On the topic of music (and melody = music. OH CLEVER! XD)

What kind of music do you listen to/what song/artist are you stuck on currently?
And for those who just like posting a bunch... What are you listening to right now?
Do you have any suggestions for me?

I'm listening to Peter Fox - Alles Neu

I've been getting stuck on Black Box Recorder, Placebo, Portishead, Marilyn Manson (mechanical animals), Orgy, Sasquatch and the Sick-o-Billies, M.I.A, Jack off Jill, Snake River Conspiracy, Black Flag, and Peaches.

and I pretty much listen to almost anything. Though at the moment I've been heading towards more... Goth/Industrial/Punk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm
Hmm right now I'm listening to Aphroditie, pretty much Listen to alot of Drum n Bass, Gabber, Happy Hardcore, Trance, etc. I'm a raver from back in '94 before all the little kids and their cuddle puddles messed things up for us. Other than that I listen to just about everything. i have 22 straight days of music on my computer. If interested I have my comp set up so that I can stream music from it to any other computer I happen to be around, Ie. on a laptop at a coffee shop or at a house party where I think their music sucks. But yeah If you want I can send you that link to my WinAmp remote. If nothing else there is some very eclectic and odd things in there. Like Nine inch nails covering the theme song to Zelda at a caged concert in Newport Rhode Island. The audio quality is a little off but hey it was an awsome concert. That was back when I wore Liquid laytex and got beat up in Maush Pits profesionally. Hell on clothes but loads of fun. I ramble. Oh and My name is Jose.  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm
lol. I was doing that math (14 years) and that would've made me 10... I was a raver at 16.. so i'd be one of those people that ruined it for you.... way after you left the scene.

Yes. Please send me a link. It'll be nice to hear something different. And NIN covering Zelda sounds beautiful. lmao  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:46 pm
Who says I ever left the scene? I merely widened it a bit, Used my spining glowstick skills to learn Fire Poi and then Started hanging out at burning man and It's events. Now I go to Bars and underground clubs that have the music I like and where I can dance, Just because I'm old doesn't mean I left the scene biggrin  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 pm
lol

I always assume that people leave their old scenes. I think its the "... then it got ruined by" that kind of gives me that idea.

Honestly ever since I left the scene I thought it was long gone and dead. then again I really don't look for it anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 pm
Heh, just because something is old and worn and isn't quite the way it used to be when you first got it doesn't mean you throw it away biggrin s**t I still have my liquid laytex shirts from when I used to maush at NIN concerts in 94, of course now most of them have mesh patches in them from where you get hit hith big pointy rings and they tear. You know how much of a pain in the a** it is to sew Liquid laytex? Granted with the new found breathability from the mesh the shirts don't get near as hot as they used to be, nor do they rip nearly as much hair out when you take them off. I still have all my leather from when I was punk, still do the Mohawk, Still have all my skateboards still use them as transportation, getting odd looks from people on the street as I pass them on hills on my longboard with a mohawk wearing leather is one of my favorite joys in life. I'm a pack rat that way. I don't leave my old scenes I just add new ones biggrin  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:38 pm
Nothing wrong with that. Not a bad idea though. One of these days I need to see if there are raves around boston. Its rare enough/hard enough as it is to find Fetish nights... let alone raves.. not so sure about that.

Though last time I was in New York there was a rave in the warehouse nearby my friends apartment. We were listening to it going on and we were remeniscing over good ol' days and didn't realize it might actually be a true rave happening. Found out about it the day after.

It was fine though since we were dead tired and I was particularly dead tired from waiting on the fung wah and crap. Maybe next time.

I've been slowly getting into the goth/fetish scene as of late... and I'm loving it. I want to live in vinyl. <3

*steals your mohawk, latex shirts, leather pants and runs away* XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:47 pm
You kidding Boston has a great older rave scene. I used to live in Groton and we we go up and stay at a friends place all the time. We would go to a fetish night at a little theater someplace, don't remember where or the name of it, wake up get Bloody Mary's by the college wander around in some random states of mind then hit either a rave or one of the clubs in town, don't remember the name of that one either but it was multi-level and the dance floor was in the middle so you could look down on it from pretty much anywhere in the place. There was a whole strip of clubs right there. It rocked Our friend is a music promoter and got us into most of the places for free and got us free drinks. We met him out at burning man in 2000. My train of thought has de-railed.  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:18 pm
You seem to derail a lot... lol.

As far as that goes, I know a lot of the clubs have been yuppified unfortunately. All the places that were hole in the walls have been made up or turned into sports bars... I'm actually not originally from boston so I hear a lot of how the town used to be. Thankfully I do live in Allston aka Rock City so I am sorta in the midst of all the good music when it comes to town.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:28 pm
Sweet, the only music that comes here new or only slightly tarnished is Rap. I need to move to a beach somewhere.  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:35 pm
A beach? What does that have to do with anything?

You know.. I've only been to a beach a few times in my life. The last time I was fighting/training... or at least getting a taste of it and I had sand in the.. uhmm.. weirdest places.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm
doesn't really have anything to do with anything, I just got the thought in my head to move, thought about where to move to and decided I haven't lived by a beach in too long. Yes physical activity on a beach tends to get sand in uhm odd places  

Draconian Pheonix

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm
I've lived most of my life with random access to beaches. panama, florida, hawaii, costa rica, venezuela, not sure if chicago counts tho it does have a beach it's a lake.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:47 pm

My heart is in chicago. I miss that place. and I don't care if anyone says its just a lake. It has a little mini beach.. and the city.. I love the city. crying  

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm
lived there from 2002 to 2006 or seven don't remember  
Music Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out