9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Poll whore
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
I do several of those too. Drawing and painting (oil pastels, aquarelle, oil paints, ink, metal graphic... and so on) are my main subjects, but I know how to knit, do crosspatches, sewing, woodworks (I'd need now a place for it...), card making (I hate it, but I have to), building or fixing small things..

Any craft is an art form that much I've learned. And I try to learn as much different skills as possible and then concentrate on one that interests me most.

But I have to say, Suede, that is tracing even if you're doing it that way. It is good tool, but you should get yourself improved from it. Take a picture, change the angle and draw it anew. Put the person in picture do something else. That's how I started to draw, but my references were from G.I.Joe magazines. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:15 am
When I have the money and materials I like to

Sew
Paint
do ceramics
wood burning
card making

I would like to learn how to
Knit
Crochet  

Veunus Rahl

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Momma Mira

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:59 pm
I'm a fiber junkie. I crochet, knit, cross-stitch, quilt, weave, and spin.
I also draw and write, but mostly I'm into the fiber arts.

The odd thing is I didn't get into it until about eight years ago, when the secetary at work thought me how to crochet. My mom had tried to teach me how to sew when I was younger, but the only thing that took was sewing buttons.

ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:32 am
I have just embarked on a Doctor Who scarf for a friend for Christmas. It will be as long as I can make it with the time & wool available. I suspect it will not manage 20 feet though! smile

DW  

Warnersister

Veunus Rahl

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:41 am
Twighlight Mira
I'm a fiber junkie. I crochet, knit, cross-stitch, quilt, weave, and spin.
I also draw and write, but mostly I'm into the fiber arts.

The odd thing is I didn't get into it until about eight years ago, when the secetary at work thought me how to crochet. My mom had tried to teach me how to sew when I was younger, but the only thing that took was sewing buttons.

ninja
ah quilting i forgot to ad that to my want  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:54 pm
Don't get me wrong, I have tried my hand at my own stuff, too. I am practicing, but at the moment, my copied stuff turns out better.  

Suede_Shoes

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:17 pm
Aegean_Kassan
.... If someone requests something specific, she still needs to look at a reference. The way to move on to doing it yourself is to practice with a picture, then from your head.
Looking at a reference is different from completely copying a picture, but I do agree that tracing is good practice... it's how I progressed into the anime style.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 am
I love to sew, whether it's for a costume or clothes. I'm also a fan of sketching and making clay models. I can knit...and by knit I mean pearl, because somehow I learned backwards and have yet to master an actual knit stitch.  

Mayumi_Yuy

mizducky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:54 am
I would like to sew again. But that requires a machine a table and a lot of space to figure out what you're doing.

I have done many many different types of crafts. My mom is super crafty and as she bounced from craft to craft, so did I. Since I entered HS (then finished HS and then left home) I really haven't done any crafts at all, but I would still like to sew again someday if I get a house where I can set up a place for it.

Who knows maybe then I will finally cosplay...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:23 am
I mostly do sewing and knitting but I do bits and pieces of others like card making etc. Depends on my mood, at the moment I'm knitting a pair of gloves as a christmas present. I may end up making quite a few presents this year if I have time.  

chezkitten

3,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WriterPrincess1984

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:00 am
im going to crochett scarves for my boyfriend's mom, aunt and cousin for christmas  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:59 am
Let's see, the list can be long....
I crochet, quilt, sew small things (aprons, stuffed animals, etc), make angels out of just about anything, and small wood plaques with sayings on them. My retired mother and I do craft shows about once a month. It's nice to make a little extra money on the side.  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:18 pm
Is there anyone here that does do book-making? I'm really interested in learning more.

Draconian Pheonix
Cross-stiching is fun, one of those things once you get your body to do reliabley you can let your mind wander and think of other things.

Eh...not necessarily. At least, not with detailed projects, which are what I prefer.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:47 pm
I knit and scrapbook my cosplay pictures and I can kind of sew. ^_^;  

Rune Delcroix

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100

TheCoquettishHaberdasher

Invisible Reveler

17,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:33 am
gah... What DON'T I do? Knit, crochet, scrapbook, plastic canvas, counted-cross stitch, jewelry, quilt, clothing and costume, draw, write, latchhook... and come up with my own patterns and designs for all of the above...

Needless to say, I have NO social life.

wink  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas