9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Poll whore
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

Queen Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm
Mostly scrapbooking (Iscrapping) but I also knit, crochet, counted-cross stitch, & quilt when I have time.*sigh*not so much time now as there use to be (before I had 5 kids). I’m working on a jean quilt made from everyone’s jeans but my machine broke. crying I saved all the little toddler pockets & have them in random places. Ill have to add a photo later its all pinned together & I’m almost done with the sewing. I think it might be missing a few pieces. rolleyes I haven't had it out for a few months (been too busy with the new baby).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:08 am
I mostly do knitting, but I also do a little bit of jewelry making and sewing.  

luckygirl2113

Romantic Sage

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:40 pm
I knit, sew, cross-stitch, and draw. I'm starting to learn a little crochet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:03 pm
I knit and crochet alot. I have also done embroidery and cross stitch.

I worked as a profession props master for a theatre for several years so crafts were sorta my specialty. So, to date my list is:

Leatherworking
Blacksmithing
Painting
Carpenty
Woodcarving
Scuplture
Knitting
Crocheting
Tatting
Sewing
Cross Stitch
Embroidery
Book Binding
Welding
Electrical Crafts
Drawing

I think that's it xd  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

WriterPrincess1984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:29 pm
i can do some basic crochet. im working on scarves to give as christmas presents  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:56 am
Counted cross-stitch is my big thing... although I sew a fair amount too.

I've been working on a cross-stitch project at night at work now since last May. Is the largest and most complicated pattern I've tackled to date, but it will be gorgeous once it's done.

Took up sewing a few years ago when my mother gave me her old machine. Learned clothing and various crafts, stuffed animals and such. My mother recently passed an embroidery machine to me that I plan to get to learning how to use hopefully soon. As soon as we get enough work done on this house that I can safely set it up.

Always wanted to learn knitting and crocheting, but every person that's tried to teach me was right-handed (I'm left-handed) and so far have been unable to. I've been thinking about trying it again though.

Long quiet nights at work leave me with a lot of free time on my hands! blaugh  

LadyNagisa

Morey27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 am
I used to do a lot of beading, occasional sewing/knitting, drawing/painting and ceramics; now I'm just lazy or busy x3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:49 pm
I have a (rather odd) question for fellow counted cross-stitchers. How exactly do you all stitch your work? I mean, when I stitch, I stitch with one color at a time, fill in that particular color, then move to a different one when I filled in that particular section. But I was in a needlework shop and overheard some women talking about it, and they seemed to work row by row, switching out colors whenever necessary. Is that the 'right' way of doing things?

Errr, I know it's a kinda convoluted way of asking, but is my way of stitching the 'wrong' way? I mean, I was never really taught cross-stitch. I just sort of picked it up from watching my mom.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

dragonwings87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 pm
for me it's mostly knitting, some sewing, cross stitching, and last but not least what I have coined as "ghetto scrap booking" biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:54 am
I draw, quilt, crochet lace, bake bread, play piano, I have lots of hobbies.  

Razor Dawn

Kyreie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:22 pm
Karill
I have a (rather odd) question for fellow counted cross-stitchers. How exactly do you all stitch your work? I mean, when I stitch, I stitch with one color at a time, fill in that particular color, then move to a different one when I filled in that particular section. But I was in a needlework shop and overheard some women talking about it, and they seemed to work row by row, switching out colors whenever necessary. Is that the 'right' way of doing things?

Errr, I know it's a kinda convoluted way of asking, but is my way of stitching the 'wrong' way? I mean, I was never really taught cross-stitch. I just sort of picked it up from watching my mom.

I've done a bit of cross stitching and I do it the same way you do. It doesn't make sense to me to be changing threads every other stitch. I think it's just what works for you, there's no right or wrong way to go about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:07 pm
That's good to hear, Kyreie. I mean, the end project still looks right (unless I REALLY screw up).

Though maybe I'll try the other way for a small project. It just sounds so much more time consuming. xd  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas