A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Multiple Gaia Accounts: Why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you have more than one account, how do you use it?
I dump trash from my real avi's inventory onto my mule's
25%
 25%  [ 23 ]
I have 1 of each gender, so I can be my own date to the prom
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
I have several, 1 for each of my moods
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
I am an official moderator role, so I also have a secret identity avi
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
I forgot my password, so I had to create a new account
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Other (please specify below)
46%
 46%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 92

JupieStarPower6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:06 pm
Well this one was first. Then I wanted to make a Batgirl cosplay. So I made another avi so I could keep the same hair and such. This one is my Sailor Jupiter/me avi. She has a set a friends and my batgirl has a whole other set of friends. When I want to go around as batgirl, I just use that one instead. I never thought to store my junk with her though. lol sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:21 pm
As a roleplayer, I tend to keep several alts around for RP purposes...

Except for my male avatar...he was rolled up for the Avatar Costume Competition (if I ever go back to that), so the next time I enter an Indiana Jones, I won't get brickbats about the avatar being female smile  

Mellissandria

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:36 pm
I got called a mule because I have a blank profile, even though this is my current account (not my first -but the only one I'm currently using).

If I wasn't so lazy, that would make me actually do something w/ my profile. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:22 pm
I have a few...
I used to be a part of a rather good RP in the RP section called Jitio's Inn, where many of us played multiple characters... and in order to do so we discovered that we could use different internet browsers to log into multiple accounts. For example I would be logged into this account on firefox, Andrew Zubin on IE, and then Ignatius Ailill on Opera, and GarThor on Netscape... sometimes the posts would fly by so fast it would get rather confusing, but you could make about a thousand gold a night using that method... which doesn't sound like alot these days, but it was quite a bit back when the RP was going on... which brings me to another thing, since Gaia has a karma system of handing out gold, once you use up all your "karma" on one account, you can switch accounts to maximize income.  

KaimanaKenshin

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 am
I originally started my first mule account because I had accumulated a lot of stuff and the Storage Locker function was broken. Seriously, my inventory was getting completely out of hand and I had to do SOMETHING with it all. I also started stashing some of my better MP bargains over there for longer term storage.

Then earlier this year this account was erroneously banned. (Long story, the powers that be ended up apologizing because it was their mistake, they're not all evil incarnate!) I learned a great deal from that experience, not the least of which was that I was so intensely grateful that not ALL my Gaian resources were on one account which could be so quickly taken away.

That's why I now have a second mule, and have distributed stuff I'm not using but have no plans to sell any time soon to both accounts.

I'm also using one of my mules to play through zOMG again. I've already leveled up this account as far as it will go, and I got kind of bored. I'm doing it again to see the changes in the game and try not to make all the dumb mistakes I made the first time (I'll make new ones!).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:42 am
Hi guys and gals . Well I am one of the few who have mulitple accounts for my many different moods. Hmm maybe I'm having a multiple personality issue....but in any case.
It's fun to dress them up all differently and do some RP and just have a place to store extra stuff and gold.  

SatinDol

Dnelle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:53 pm
Secret Identity secondary gifting account ftw!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:59 pm
My original account is from February 2004 but I use this one more often. My old account has become a packmule of sorts since it holds all my overflow from this account.  

Irahatam

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Maramas

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:50 pm
I started out not really getting the concept of a mule, but then at one point I made three alt accounts with dirty names to play a prank on a friend. Then I just had three accounts that sat pretty unused. Oh well.

Then I got banned for two weeks for being an idiot, and made myself an account to use in the interim. When I got my old account back, I had some stuff on the new one, and kind of kept both going for a while. After a while I got tired of having my stuff split, I like having it all at my fingertips, so one account started being more for duplicate items, evolving into a storage mule.

I've made a few more mule accounts since then, mostly to have alternate names to joke with friends with (like my friend Rapeseed, whom I made an account named Canola to harass). Now they serve mostly as a source of meager income through their Daily Chance contributions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:58 am
I like all the different types of hairstyles and such and I'm not going to keep buying a few different ones, lol, so it could always be for moods biggrin  

shawchert

Invisible Shapeshifter

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers