family fun :)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Shenyu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:31 pm
Quote:
what you hope 2 get this year

Munny^^ I have to buy a new PC, so I would like to have money for that.
SNOW!!!! We did not have a white christmas for years. It's only freezing cold and snowmud on the streets... ugly...

Quote:
what are u gaians doing this yr 4 x-mas?

Same procedure as every year. Baking cookies next Saturday. Christmas Eve we are at my family's place and have a good meal. Next day we are at my husband's family...

Quote:
any Christmas memoy's you enjoyed?

I am one of these person's who love christmas for a reason. I don't remember any christmas that did not go well.

Quote:
any best present you ever gotten at the time, even if now it was an ok gift 2 you?

The money for my PS2 a few years ago  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:50 am
I'm right there with you, Alexandretta, except that my holiday is Chanukah. I LOVE having people over for holidays, any holidays at all, but Chanukah is my favorite... because it lasts for eight nights, and so I get eight chances to feed people! I have a smallish apartment, so I can really only have about four to five guests at a time. This year I'm doing a slightly different menu every night, except of course that any leftovers will be brought over into the next night as a little surprise/bonus.

It's traditional to eat fried foods during Chanukah because of the miracle of the oil. This year, each night's menu will be a reflection of the many areas of the world in which Jews have lived and celebrated Chanukah.

1. North America
2. Central/South America
3. China
4. Mediterranean Europe
5. Northern/Western Europe
6. Middle Eastern (Sabbath night)
7. African (other than the Middle Eastern areas)
8. "Greatest Hits" (My two personal favorites from all over the world)

Each night only really requires one fried food, but I may fry more than one item each night. I'll serve it alongside a fresh vegetable and fruit platter, and some desserts from the applicable areas, and some fun party drinks like my favorite, Cranberry Sparkle (cranberry juice mixed with seltzer or Sprite). Each night we're planning to have two to five guests, except for the 8th night, when we're invited out to someone else's party and will therefore be bringing two dishes to suit our hosts' tastes instead. Those dishes will just be the ones I like best, out of the ones I've already made.  

Divash

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:52 pm
Divash
I'm right there with you, Alexandretta, except that my holiday is Chanukah. I LOVE having people over for holidays, any holidays at all, but Chanukah is my favorite... because it lasts for eight nights, and so I get eight chances to feed people! I have a smallish apartment, so I can really only have about four to five guests at a time. This year I'm doing a slightly different menu every night, except of course that any leftovers will be brought over into the next night as a little surprise/bonus.

It's traditional to eat fried foods during Chanukah because of the miracle of the oil. This year, each night's menu will be a reflection of the many areas of the world in which Jews have lived and celebrated Chanukah.

1. North America
2. Central/South America
3. China
4. Mediterranean Europe
5. Northern/Western Europe
6. Middle Eastern (Sabbath night)
7. African (other than the Middle Eastern areas)
8. "Greatest Hits" (My two personal favorites from all over the world)

Each night only really requires one fried food, but I may fry more than one item each night. I'll serve it alongside a fresh vegetable and fruit platter, and some desserts from the applicable areas, and some fun party drinks like my favorite, Cranberry Sparkle (cranberry juice mixed with seltzer or Sprite). Each night we're planning to have two to five guests, except for the 8th night, when we're invited out to someone else's party and will therefore be bringing two dishes to suit our hosts' tastes instead. Those dishes will just be the ones I like best, out of the ones I've already made.

sounds yummy blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:17 am
I hope it will be, killafrog. I pretty much adore all the holidays, as I said before, but any holiday that lets me cook a different menu for eight nights is really a winner.

Now, I keep hearing about these Twelve Days of Christmas, and I've done the research to know that it begins on December 25 and ends on January 5, followed by Epiphany on the 6th of January. I want to know who celebrates all twelve days, and how you celebrate them. And if no one celebrates the twelve days -- why on earth not???  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Taxi Mama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:21 pm
Nobody I know celebrates the 12 days of Christmas, but lots of folks celebrate Advent, the month before Christmas. Advent wreaths have 5 candles; you light one each of the 4 Sundays before Christmas, and the 5th one on Christmas eve. Advent calendars come in various forms, offering a bible verse (or picture) for each day of December, up until Christmas. Ours is in the form of a felt board, and we put up little felt pictures symbolizing 25 different bible stories, from old and new testaments.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:37 am
Taxi Mama
Nobody I know celebrates the 12 days of Christmas, but lots of folks celebrate Advent, the month before Christmas. Advent wreaths have 5 candles; you light one each of the 4 Sundays before Christmas, and the 5th one on Christmas eve. Advent calendars come in various forms, offering a bible verse (or picture) for each day of December, up until Christmas. Ours is in the form of a felt board, and we put up little felt pictures symbolizing 25 different bible stories, from old and new testaments.

I bet that "The Twenty-Five Days Of Advent" song is a pain in the tochas to learn! rofl  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:20 am
Divash
Taxi Mama

I bet that "The Twenty-Five Days Of Advent" song is a pain in the tochas to learn! rofl

well you find that song and we gaian's can learn to sing it rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:03 pm
Speaking of singing, you need to go check this out:

http://www.singsnap.com

All you need is a microphone. You can make an account, pick out a song from their song list, sing it, and wait for the compliments to roll in. And they do! There are folks there who might as well be professional singers, and there are folks who can barely carry a tune in a locked briefcase. But no matter what, people are very supportive of one another on SingSnap. Sing your heart out, and people will be proud and pleased and delighted that you did. I've never seen a single "You suck!" on there. It's great. Oh, and there's lots of Christmas music that a person can sing to, so that's fun at this time of year.

Also, you don't need an account if you just want to listen to other people's recordings.  

Divash

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:07 pm
Divash
Speaking of singing, you need to go check this out:

http://www.singsnap.com

All you need is a microphone. You can make an account, pick out a song from their song list, sing it, and wait for the compliments to roll in. And they do! There are folks there who might as well be professional singers, and there are folks who can barely carry a tune in a locked briefcase. But no matter what, people are very supportive of one another on SingSnap. Sing your heart out, and people will be proud and pleased and delighted that you did. I've never seen a single "You suck!" on there. It's great. Oh, and there's lots of Christmas music that a person can sing to, so that's fun at this time of year.

Also, you don't need an account if you just want to listen to other people's recordings.

sounds like its fun on the site i dont have any mics tho  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:15 pm
Divash
Taxi Mama

still waiting to see what the 25 days of advent song is about rofl just thinking how long the song is, is like eek  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Creator Nan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:01 am
a job sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:54 am
now the holiday is past how was it? what was the best gift you had gotten this year?  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:59 am
what do u plan to do on new years  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:04 am
will anyone enjoy newyears or just let it pass by?  

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:42 am
I'm going to enjoy new years.

I am with a friend and his family, and we've just been networking and playing Starcraft. So I will enjoy it indeed, even if I'm the only sober one there blaugh  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff