Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Watchmen Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:51 am
This movie is based on the DC Comic Watchmen. Nobody really thought this comic would never see the silver screen, but the man who gave us 300 is going to prove the crowd wrong! pirate

i cant wait for this movie. i decided to make a avitar of Rorschach for my excitement for it!

check out the trailer here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:58 am
I know. I'm so excited! I'm listening to the music by Smashing Pumpkins that they played in the trailer.

heart  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:23 pm
sankapoo
I know. I'm so excited! I'm listening to the music by Smashing Pumpkins that they played in the trailer.

heart

What is that song called? I'm too lazy to Google it sweatdrop

Man, I've been so excited for this movie ever since I finished the graphic novel. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it is the best book I've ever read.

But, on the topic of the movie, do you really think Snyder will be able to do it justice? I mean, 300 was really quite contrived in terms of acting ("THIS IS SPARTA!" is probably one of the cheesiest lines I've ever heard). It looked pretty, but man, I found it to be lacking in so many other areas. This movie has been in the works for so long, that I really hope it lives up to the hype, even though Allan Moore as totally removed all ties from it (he did the same with "V for Vendetta," so it's not that surprising). Hopefully it will be next summer's "The Dark Knight."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:15 am
It's called the beginning Is The End Is The Beginning.

The only thing about the movie that bothers me is the fact that one of the characters looks exactly like batman. stressed  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:51 pm
sorry to be an a** but smashing pumpkins sucked it just the same song they used in batman forever it lame and sad their old s**t better but in that video they look bleh but Watchman a good movie trailer are good and To me The comedian look like Robert Downey Jr just a little more chubbier and has a stache  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:43 am
RedWhiteBlack
But, on the topic of the movie, do you really think Snyder will be able to do it justice? I mean, 300 was really quite contrived in terms of acting ("THIS IS SPARTA!" is probably one of the cheesiest lines I've ever heard). It looked pretty, but man, I found it to be lacking in so many other areas.

To be honest, it was some of the flaws of 300 which make me think Watchmen will be good. 300 the movie was flawed, but so was the source material. Zac Snyder made an EXTREMELY accurate adaptation of the graphic novel, complete with the cheesy dialogue and hyper-masculine excess.

Watchmen, the graphic novel, is much, much better than 300, the graphic novel. If Zac is equally as accurate in adapting it, it will be a much better film.

RedWhiteBlack
This movie has been in the works for so long, that I really hope it lives up to the hype, even though Allan Moore as totally removed all ties from it (he did the same with "V for Vendetta," so it's not that surprising).

At this point, Alan Moore's input is irrelevant. He's constantly stating in interviews that he's a nice guy, but he's constantly battling everyone about his works. He fights with his artists (illustrators, that is) about every frame, he fights with his publishers about every release, he fights with his rights holders, he fights with everyone having to do with his work. Moore's dogmatic hatred of every organization bigger than his local tea shop has left his input as the irrelevant prattling of an antisocial caricature.

RedWhiteBlack
Hopefully it will be next summer's "The Dark Knight."

Watchmen is already distinctly disadvantaged for coming after Dark Knight, unfortunately. Because Dark Knight was such a great movie, people are going to rip every tiny flaw of Watchmen apart. Any lapse, any moment of weakness, and people are going to rush in and decry how horrible Watchmen is compared to Dark Knight.  

GilAskan

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:41 pm
Well I am staying rather positive on this one... I love the graphic novel... the raw realism and intense symbolism... anyways I am not worried about how well it is going to be... Zack Snyder has showed us with 300 that he can follow a stylized comic book... but compared to a stylized external like 300... he is taking the deeper emotional stylization of The Watchmen lol... 300 was just practice for this. Plus Kevin Smith already saw a first cut of it and he said he creamed himself with how on key it is with the graphic novel... I trust Kevin Smiths opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:04 am
I read an article where Snyder felt intimidated by taking the project on, but that he also felt he had to because he thought that it would inevitably fall into the hands of a director without much respect for the source material, and he felt that he was capable of doing it justice.

Fox is suing WB, which could delay or prevent the release of the movie.  

Quixotic Faye

Jar City

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm
i absolutely loved the comics, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:54 am
I hope this movie makes it past all the legal crap.

Katai Rei Kun

GilAskan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:52 pm
Katai Rei Kun
I hope this movie makes it past all the legal crap.

Seems to be on that path. Last I heard, Fox and WB have settled their court case and the 3.6.09 release date is back on track.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:12 pm
yea i heard is it true Fox might not give them their whole freedom and make it Pg-13  

xTx Monty xTx

Fleet Fox

4,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:42 pm
The trailer for this movie looks amazing, gave me chills.
eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm
"I just finished reading the Graphic novel Last Monday. I always meant to read it, but the upcoming movie released forced me too. It is going to be awesome! I just hope they stick to the psychological aspect as much as they do the action. Rorschosh is going to be awesome!"  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 am
At first, I wasn't too pumped about this movie. I thought it looked hella cheesy.
Then I read the graphic novel, and now I am pretty pumped.
I hope that the movie does it justice! gonk

I'm pretty excited about the guy they cast as Daniel (Nite Owl II).
He's a great acter!  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces