Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
The scammers are smart! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

An angelic scarf! Can you imagine?
  >.<;
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:54 am
Wow!
I was wondering why the bank was down, so poked around. I came up with... well just wow...

There was a scam going on where a person would pm you, say "I will trade you this item for yours!" And it was a nice item. You give them a CN scarf and get a demonic in its place kind of thing. Get a kiki for your mimzy bunny an such.

You accept it, it looks real, but when you go to find it, its something else in your inventory. The scammers figured out how to change the picture! O.o
I would be sooo mad >.>

Well that was the reason its down... But I just cant get over the lengths these people will go to, to scam someone out of their hard earned items! scream
One of the worst cases... poor guy! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 am
Oh my goodness! That has got to suck big time. :0!

How in the hell can they do that?

:C !!!

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:04 am
I dont know... Some scripting thing or something? I didnt know such a thing was possible... But the entire exchange is full of threads like that. Penguin slippers, horns of the demon, g-laurels, kiki's, you name it there is a case of it stolen...

I would track the person down and go kick them in the head if they tried something like that on me >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:07 am
I remember reading about this in one of the announcements to be careful on the image because somethings might look alike. But, this is just far off from that.

I would also do that, although I don't think I have any valuables in my inventory.

Nemsy

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:11 am
You mean the winter rose for the corsage thing? I have seen that! Ya gotta be careful with that one...

I dont get how they can change an items picture completely. Your CN scarf alone is 250k last I checked ^_^ that counts ya?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:18 am
i wunder how they change the pic.?  

Cute Bells

Nemsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:21 am
Yeah, the Winter Rose thing. Crazy people. Dx.

It is queer, unless they somehow change the item at the last second, but that would show up.

That definitely counts. eek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 am
I like nonsense...

It has to be some kind of scripting thing. Copies the picture and posts it over the item...
Your richer than you thought ^_^

...it wakes up the brain cells.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Camilla Gillis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:43 am
It is some kind of script program. Someone said it's also happening in the Marketplace, but most of it seems to be in the Exchange.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:47 am
Oh my goo.

Poor guy! I read about him! I can't believe the lengths people will go to, to cheat people out of their hard earned items. Well at least they closed down the trading thingy....  

arya25 25 25

Skaedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:03 am
Yup.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:08 am
this same thing happened to me well sorta, a girl in the rally said she'd like to trade my shovel blade with a winter rose, i mean who hasn't heard of that scam? I left after telling her off, and then i came back and saw her doing it again again its so stupid how can we stop these stupid scammers and the n00bs who fall into them?  

Meercata

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:12 am
I like nonsense...

As long as people fall for the scams, they will keep happening. Gaia tries its best to inform everyone but short of forcing you to watch a movie explaining the ins and outs of gaia... they really cant do much.

I could never scam someone out of their items. I dont get it at all. I worked hard for my stuff. Years of collecting. Knowing how I would feel if it happened to me, I could never do that to another... Its like slapping them in the face.

...it wakes up the brain cells.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:20 am
Awww! See that's why I use the marketplace instead of trading D:!  

JettaKD

6,850 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 pm
Changing the script? Genius. I didn't think that was actually possible. O.o Guess I should be glad I don't have anything that's actually worth tons.

Remember, kiddies, never talk to trade with strangers. XD  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games