Reply Advice Forum
Driving me Nuts!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lycangoddess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 am
Help!!! This is seriously driving me crazy!

I am part of an RP guild that I really enjoy. Everyone tries to be really creative and expressive in their thoughts and actions, and it is a lot of fun.

The down side is I *know* I am the oldest person in this forum (c'mon, high school drama is easy to recognize), and it shows at times. The four that run the forum put so much time and effort into "hooking" members up with each other, sometimes unwillingly, that it mucks up the good roll playing that I am in there for. I understand teens do drama, and I try to stay away from those threads as much as possible. Please note here, this is all rp and NOT rl. Most of the people in this guild live in different states/countries.

Now here's the pickle. I have made friends with someone in this guild recently who hates the filler drama as much as I do, and we have been talking a fair amount about it. The "drama department" have been reading over our rp thread conversations and decided that they don't like our chatter. It is nothing explicit or out of character, but they are thinking of kicking one or both of us out of this guild anyway.

Should I even care and walk now? Half of me wants to leave because this is such a childish flounce-pout 'tude the moderators are pulling, half of me wants to stay and fight it out, not only because of their stupidity, but because it's a creative outlet I enjoy. Sorry for being so long-winded, I would really like to get an opinion or two on this.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:33 am
Hm, kind of hard to say. I'm more of the "walk away" type person, just because I don't tolerate drama irl, much less online, but I see your point about it being a forum you enjoy.

I think it just depends on how much you want to stay. If it's worth it to you to fight for it, then I say go for it. If you feel like it's not worth the effort, there's nothing wrong with just washing your hands of it, either.

Don't know if that was helpful at all, lol  

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Azure Alexea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 pm
What would you think of starting your own rp guild with the friend you mentioned? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:08 am
Not a bad idea, though I am not usually the type to guide story lines or all that other stuff.

Meh... I will probably just end up quitting if the bs gets to be too much to deal with.  

Lycangoddess

Shinigami Unity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm
This is actually the entire reason I stopped RPing. But thinking about it - all those people who used to RP "way back in the day" probably haven't all stopped... so now that they're older... *scratching chin*

You would think that somewhere - sometime - there would be a semi-drama-less RP. If you find it... you wanna slide it my way? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 pm
It depends on how much you like this RP guild you're in. I don't really tolerate a lot of drama in real life, and online drama just seems a bit silly to me. If they don't like it, you can kindly tell them that you are just expressing your opinions about it and it's no harm done to anyone.

Some people just like drama and feed off of it. Too bad we can't give them llamas or something. xD

Hope that helped.

Mikiba

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 am
I agree with starting your own and inviting the friend you met there to join. I'd bet you could post a recruitment announcement on this Guild and you'd have level headed members like crazy. I've never been part of an RP guild, but I'd bet yours would be worth joining. We could even help you think of a name. "Anti-Drama Forum, where Men are Men and the Women are just fine with that."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm
Psyzapp
"Anti-Drama Forum, where Men are Men and the Women are just fine with that."

Awesomeness. heart  

Shinigami Unity

janyany

3,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 am
I say if you feel you are doing nothing wrong and they are just being petty fight it then,,Or if you do get kicked out start your own RP guild..if the forum mods are that darn petty and ya cant have a lil chatter fun,,then I would say,,,Se La Ve, Any Way  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:03 am
Ive done RP... many many many years. I started when I was 7 and thoroughly enjoy it...

I think having an RP that is amongst your age group is handled so much better than getting involved with those out of your age group.

This can apply to pretty much anything really... For example... we are planning a retirement party for a Music Director who is retiring after 35 years of dedication to teaching music... He represented two high schools..

Im on the committee for one school where I was his student... well for a while they had a teenager representing the school he is currently working. This KID, all of 15 was nothing more than a pain in the a**. Why they ever let this kid represent his school's music dept for retirement party arranging is something I will never know.. All of us adults came together last week because the drama is going over everyone's tolerance limits. We pulled the kid aside and said ..."Look, we dont want to see the bickering, the fighting, the who-slept-with-who... this party is for an ADULT, and if you cant control your issues and set them aside for this event, we are taking you off the position.

Well.. that created MORE hell, bitching, pissing and moaning. I went to the music department, pulled everyone in to a room, and laid it all out.

"There are going to be some changes in how your music dept is going to be represented in the retirement party planning. A unanimous decision has been made to remove 'insert student name' due to the following reasons. No one spoke up.. they all looked at each other and wondered "how the hell did the adults find out?"...

meanwhile, Im now the organizer for BOTH schools, what previously was 33 people attending is now 245 people attending... I am working with all adults, they dont have to work with the drama of a high schooler.. and we are going to have the best organized gathering there is....

Make your own RP, and put guidelines in that states "Absolutely NO Drama"... you reserve the right to suspend/revoke/ban memberships for breaking TOS...  

Wixandrettas

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff