Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Help This Idiot Out!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polls are important.
  XD
View Results

Nemsy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:47 pm
Ha. Yeah, I'm talking about me.
I need some help with a guy problem.

Okay, so I like this guy that I will name him Alex.
He is a really good friend, and I don't want to date him because it will mess up our friendship. Seriously, mess it up. Plus he is a friend of someone I dated, so eh..

My brain is telling me 'no', and I my heart says 'go for it'.
But, I don't want to - I love him too much as my friend. ..
And, and.. I still have hopes that my former ex will call me up again. So, my god I am a mess. Dx!!

Need some advice.. *n*!!
Please...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:07 pm
Time To Get the
hot Coco And
watch the snow fall

the best advice I can give is stay friends for now. Maybe later it can change but at the moment it doesn't seem right. It is a lot better to keep a guy you love close as a friend then chance loosing him as more than that. That's just my view though

Christmas time
has come
Lets enjoy it all.

princess of Apathy

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:07 pm
sweatdrop Wow. That's alot going on right now.

Lessee:

1. Your ex is just that: your ex. Does he have a gf? Is he available that you feel you have another shot at love with him? Remember all the complications your relationship had in the first place that he became your ex!!! Think very, VERY carefully about diving head-first into another relationship with him, or else you may be walking yourself into the same pile of crap you experienced with him before!!!

2. Do you view "Alex" as a guy or a friend? If it is the former, then dating him should not be so much of a problem. But you love him too much that you want your current relationship to remain secure, but girl, if you feel like he may very well be the one for you, take a shot!!!

3. Forget your brain and your heart. Close your eyes, clear your mind and focus on the gut instincts you were born with. What are they telling you? Woman's intuition is a gift from God that we were meant to use in times like this! Are they leaning you toward your ex or "Alex?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 pm
I agree with what Kitsune said. Remember the complications that lead to the break up with your ex. Learn from it and if you can actually work out a way to solve the complications then it may be okay to still go out with him. Otherwise the relationship would probably end up like before.

Does Alex feel the same way towards you as you do towars him. Has he ever suggested it? If both of you want to give it a try then take it slowly and if you know it can't work [trust your gut feeling] then stop.

Bottled Lovee

Kingsfold

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 pm
I believe you should take the chance, that is what my fiance did and now we are engaged. Sometimes being very close friends is a much better way to start a good and long lasting relationship. If you really have feelings for him than you should take your chance, because who knows, if someone else snatches him up and you feel terrible about you, you will regret not going for it in the first place.

And if things don't work out than explain that at the start of the relationship, say, "Hey if things don't work out lets still be the best of friends" and promise on that.

Really that will hold you together.

Hope I helped.

P.S. Its always nice to have someone you know is there for you, so this may being you great happiness.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 am
just follow ur heart!! n do wat u think is right!! but dont hurt any one in the process especially ur self!!! ^ ^  

Dreams of Nowhere

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 pm
"It's easier to turn friendship into love than love to turn into friendship."

That's all the advice I have to offer. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Aw. Thanks guys.

The reason I broke up with my ex was because I didn't feel he liked me.

I'll think more about it, maybe next time I see him I will let him know. whee

Nemsy

the_queen_of_the_fairies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:14 pm
The way I seeit, does he seem to like you back? If so, tell him how you feel.
If not, try dropping hints that you like him, AKA flirt.

If you do the latter and get no/negative response, then congrats, you have the same problem as me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:29 pm
i wouldnt do anythin unless u litertally have to!  

pharokaze

Nemsy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 pm
It's hard to tell if he is just being nice to me back.

I can't really say much here, cuz I have my online stalkers. But, uhm... yeah.. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 pm
I've never been in a relationship, or even had the thought I may like someone (yet), so I can't really say anything that might help.

Aside from the whole 'think it trough thing' but yeah...I have no idea with the whole 'love/friend' things. confused  

Gaspard Osmond

Beloved Lunatic

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

the_queen_of_the_fairies

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:24 pm
Well, things worked out for me, and i thought there was no chance they could, so your odds are probably good. But seriously, the week before he asked me out and i thought it was completely hopeless, and i was wrong. guys are just weird with showing how they feel. I think you should go for it smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:44 pm
heart Stop waiting for the ex- time to move on. mrgreen  

pattichan

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:41 am
Well, if you didn't think your ex liked you, I think he would have made his point by now if it were different. I think it's time to take a big long break from your ex.

As for "Alex", it's hard to say. Best advice I can give is what Kitsune said, and just... keep your eyes wide open. Besides, if being in a relationship doesn't work out, you can still be friends.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games