Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:40 am
Did anyone catch the documentary "Dear Zachary" on MSNBC last night? I think it was the most moving, sad thing I've ever seen. Just wondering if anyone else saw it and what they thought? The Canadian legal system really dropped the ball in this case, but I could see this same exact thing happening here. In fact, it probably has sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:33 am
ElusiveBreath
Did anyone catch the documentary "Dear Zachary" on MSNBC last night? I think it was the most moving, sad thing I've ever seen. Just wondering if anyone else saw it and what they thought? The Canadian legal system really dropped the ball in this case, but I could see this same exact thing happening here. In fact, it probably has sad

For some reason, I started thinking about some movie about a young man who was brutally murdered by two homophobes. His name was also Zachary (at least I think it was since he looked like a Zachary). I believe he was tied to a fence and beaten to death. Did that documentary pertain to that case or am I completely off base?  

lunaci

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:48 pm
Actually that sounds like Matthew Sheppard and that documentary is The Laramie Project.

The one I'm talking about is about a man who was murdered by his girlfriend who then turned out to be pregnant and the struggle that the family had to go through to try to get custody/visitation while the woman was going through trial. It was the most tragic thing I've ever seen crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:20 pm
why did she kill him though? was he a bad man? or did he try to kill her?  

Chris de Medich

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:16 am
Now that it's been 5 months, I don't quite remember why she killed him, but it was nothing to do with him as a person, from all accounts he was a great guy. Either she was cheating on him or he was going to leave her or some combination of the two, if I recall correctly.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games