Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Goodness! (I want to complain) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I had a nicer boss at a fast food chain!!!
  >.< Stupid snobby rich people...
View Results

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:52 am
So... I watch kids for a living right? I am a nanny. I do occasionally go work in a day care place, but not as often. That place is going under with the economy going bad, and doesn't really need me.
So I watch this little girl. 9 months old. I have watched her since she was 2 1/2 months. She is a sweetie, but spoiled rotten. Its my job ya know? Do what you gotta do an everything.
I love her really. She is cute and all that jazz. Anyways! I am sick of the parents. They refuse to give me a raise (I get 1k dollars a month no matter how much I work) and call me in at all hours of the day for crap. 1 day sale! oh goodness! Such an emergency... confused
I am going crazy. I know that if I quit, they will be very unhappy with me and probably not let me be any part in the babies life... I think they only had a kid because they were expected to... They dont take any part in that babies life. Before me was a nursemaid. They see that baby less than an hour a day combined. They have another woman come in when I am gone...

But... I am just so pooped. I work more than 12 hours a day most days...
6 days a week scheduled but 3/4 times of the month I get called in on Sundays as well...
"Forgetting" to set the alarm and making me wait outside in my car in 30 degree weather for two hours... I can forgive once. Today would be the... I lost count. At least 20th. I am beginning to hate them.
And really?! Who changes a babies diaper every 20 minutes!?!!?!? Crazy people! That's who!! I am helping them kill the environment!

Sorry, I really wanted to rant >.<

Anyone else have horrid bosses?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 am
One day, I am just going to go crazy and smack them... And go find a job at walmart or something till I can line up a new job >.>
Heck even fast food is looking good at this point...

They deserve to be smacked! scream  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Nemsy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:07 pm
eek I would bring in a bat, and go 'yo dawg you owe me something, cheap a** b*****d'
>u<

Augh, I know I know, remember the kids I told you I babysat?
Well, the mother was going through some tough times, and well so was the grandma. I babysat morning to night sometimes.

Of course I didn't get paid much. Since I was doing them a favour as a friend recommended me.

But, it is like you know, I am working a lot, not that I don't mind not getting paid some days at all, it is just that these kids need more attention. And, I am just not one to do that. I love em, but I can't stay here forever. u.u

But, hmm, do what you can, I know when you get involved it just sucks a** getting out without hurting the other party.

Tell em, you guys are paying me too low for what I do, I love the kids, and I don't want to leave them.
Sucking up might help a bit.
Rich people do suck.
My boss is cheap a** hell.

Arghhhh!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 pm
I like nonsense...

This baby needs constant attention. Because they pay people to watch her constantly, the only time I dont have her in my lap or reading to her or playing with her, or changing her, is when she is napping. And that is so hard... She needs to be rocked and held and coddled and sung to before she will fall asleep. And the slightest nose will wake her up screaming.

Its hard because if they dont want to give me a reference for a new job, I have like virtually no work history. The day care I work at part time, when I can, but not enough for them to even really know me.
I would have one from a Taco time I worked at from 16-18... But they just closed down and I dont know how to get a hold of a number from them confused

So if I go looking for a new job, I will be starting from the bottom again...
It wouldn't even be so bad if I got paid more. They told me they cant afford to give me a raise, but then they go buy 1 thousand dollar camera, or buy some relative all new carpeting... They have a stack of Christmas presents taller than me!
And their house... It has 7 rooms!!! 5 baths!!! They are rich. They could afford it.

...it wakes up the brain cells.

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:25 pm
My boss sucks. I work for tips only as a bagger (those guys who bag your stuff at grocery stores) and was fine with the boss who hired me, 2 years and 2 months ago. But last year, in July, this new boss took over. Since then, she has employed so many people that right now the roster is over 100, and at least 90 show up each day. The old boss only had 60 on the roster, and about 40 would show up each day. But the new boss doesn't even do a good job.

Also, with the old boss, we had to pay a $3 fee, to pay them and the cart pusher for their services. But with the new boss, we pay $6, and she pockets most of the money for herself. >_<

Let's see. With the old boss, I could show up at around noon and work until closing (8 PM). I'd take about an hour of lunch, and spend about $8 on food throughout the day. Honestly, me and the group of people I worked with slacked off a lot. But I'd still go home with at least $50 every day. But with the new boss, if I show up at 11 and work til closing, non-stop and spend no money, I might be able to leave with $35.

On the bright side, I'm gonna apply to work at a bowling alley, where my friend also works. It'll be awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:45 pm
I like nonsense...

I have never heard of a job like that before... baggers here are on the pay roll ^_^ They are... whats the name... dont remember
But they have the job of doing the bagging, and getting the carts and all that fun jazz. My boyfriend did it for a while when he was 16...
That sucks big time!

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 pm
I like nonsense...

There is a nanny cam hidden in this house. I am unsure of where though... neutral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 pm
That sucks. My only job is a babysitting job. It pays less then yours. $25 a day which so far usually turns out to be about 400 a month. And then 100 subtracted to save for the months I don't work. I babysit for my sister who is a teacher at a track school so every 4 months she gets off which means I get off. It's not the greatest pay but I can take my 2 month old daughter with me to work, I can eat my sister's food and she usually feeds me dinner too. My nephew (he's a year old) is a good kid and easy to take care of. And my sister is a good boss. Lol.  

PimpCentric

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:09 am
Honestly, that's messed up. Especially the forgetting to set the alarm. O_o I'm not sure what to do in your position. I'd say confront them about the forgetting the alarm part, they might not realize how much that's hurting you. Make sure they know how much you like the job, and their child, and you just wanna be able to help, but it's hard for you when there are careless mistakes like that.

And I agree that $1,000 a month is a bit stingy. I make that much at a minimum wage job, about 30 hours a week. O.o Maybe if you said you were starting to have financial trouble, they might help a bit? Although that's highly unlikely. You could say you're gonna charge more for when they forget the alarm. XD Remember, you're the one providing the services. They don't have all the cards.

And as for myself, I'm lucky to have a nice boss. Too nice, actually. =/  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 am
I like nonsense...

My old boss, at a Taco Time, was super nice. I got put into the hospital the day after thanksgiving (I was scheduled to work that day) And they were so nice about it... Even though they were left high and dry becuase of me. Even came after they closed to visit me! And threw me a welcome back party when I came back... Bought cakes for birthdays... They were just great bosses.
These people though... Oh I am so mad today!
My mom has been getting sick of listening to how much extra money they have every month and knowing how little they pay me just makes her crazy.
So she... Lied. She told them I was offered a job and I was considering, and my boyfriend was pressuring me into taking it because we want the money.
The womans words were (according to my mother) "What do they need the money for?! They dont have big bills or anything!" My mom went on to say that we are planning to buy a house next year, and getting a new car in a month or so. We want to save money for the future and the money I get from this job just isnt cutting it.
She told me that she just wanted to see if the woman would offer me more money...
She didnt.
She came home yesterday and acted so... coldly towards me before locking herself into her study.
And is completely mad at my mom. Wont speak to her at all.

I hate rich people... talk2hand

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

happy100precent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:37 pm
*sigh* that really is mean. well, I don't have a job yet cause I am still in middle school, but I really hope I don't get a boss like that when I get older D:  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:16 pm
That's so jacked up. -_- Could you try calling CPS on them? XD  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:39 am
Hah! That would be evil xp But really they are not hurting the baby. I mean they are providing for her... And she has constant attention from her nannies... In my state there are so many foster kids they are practically begging people to take them... I would feel horrid if she got stuck in a group home or something like that...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 am
Well so here is an update xp

I told the dad (who is about the only one of the couple I see) that I was considering taking that "job" (Its not real... But I figure I can start looking for a new job... He locked me out again today >.> Two hours...) because we needed the money. I said nothing was for sure and that I probably wouldn't take it, but that the issue with the money just makes the subject come back into discussion with me and my boyfriend often. (I thought that that was subtle that I want a raise)
He was nice about it and said to do what I wanted to do, and that they wanted what was best for me.
Now today, there are new nanny applications all over the kitchen table... crying

There is a note on the fridge saying that they are looking for someone new and they will not be needing me much longer.

Once again, I must say,.. I hate rich people.  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

Queen Galux

Lonely Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:36 pm
A Song Is Born
Well so here is an update xp

I told the dad (who is about the only one of the couple I see) that I was considering taking that "job" (Its not real... But I figure I can start looking for a new job... He locked me out again today >.> Two hours...) because we needed the money. I said nothing was for sure and that I probably wouldn't take it, but that the issue with the money just makes the subject come back into discussion with me and my boyfriend often. (I thought that that was subtle that I want a raise)
He was nice about it and said to do what I wanted to do, and that they wanted what was best for me.
Now today, there are new nanny applications all over the kitchen table... crying

There is a note on the fridge saying that they are looking for someone new and they will not be needing me much longer.

Once again, I must say,.. I hate rich people.

User ImageGraceful Assassin~

[crawls out of her internet hidey-hole]

=? Well there's a very merry Christmas to ya.

Bunch'a jerks... [practices some punches in the air] >_> I'll bet we could take 'em out...
Rich people don't actually learn self-defense; they think their money will shield 'em. ninja

[crawls back into hole]

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games