Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
whats your fav gaming consle

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whats your fav consle ?
  Xbox 360
  PS3
  WII
  Nintendo DS light
  PSP
View Results

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am
well my fav is the xbox 360

gears of war 2 , fable 2 , banjo kazoie nuts and bolts, halo 3 , and tales of vespria.

There are other games i like but those are xbox360 only games.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:06 pm
While it's not a console, my favorite will always be PC. Even with games that are also on Xbox360, I usually still prefer to play them on PC. I played Mass Effect on the 360, but enjoyed it a lot more on PC. I played Fable on PC, and every Steam FPS also on my PC. Not to mention games like Baldur's Gate, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, WoW, every other MMO I've ever tried, The Sims, and so much more. The controls are just so much easier with a PC, especially for FPSs. You point the mouse, you click, you shoot. None of that sloppy joystick aiming. Where you point is where you shoot, and anyone who uses a computer already knows how to point the mouse where they want it to go so it's not like it's difficult to learn to play.  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I agree with daft. :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:08 pm
PS3!!! (and PS 1 and 2 and PSP). Most of the sweetest games come out on those and the graphics and controls are tight!

Mehh, there aren't enough controls on the PC and the screen is too small and there are too many keys to remember usually and you have to have a really good PC to enjoy playing...PC games aren't as sophisticated as console games pirate  

xX_Radimir_Xx

Kodona style

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:19 pm
Lord Radimir

Mehh, there aren't enough controls on the PC and the screen is too small and there are too many keys to remember usually and you have to have a really good PC to enjoy playing...PC games aren't as sophisticated as console games pirate

Pfft high five Radimir~ XD

But im going to have to go with my good ol 360 as my console choice
I like most of the game selection and graphics
Hehe especially the kotor selection
:3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:52 pm
I like wii... I am addicted to the new sims and animal crossing.
I however love my PlayStation 2. It has the widest choice of different types of games. And since I shelled out the money for a 360 and a wii recently, I have not tried the ps3 so I am unsure of that one...  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 pm
Lord Radimir
PS3!!! (and PS 1 and 2 and PSP). Most of the sweetest games come out on those and the graphics and controls are tight!

The screen is only too small if you have a small screen. razz

Also, I don't see how WASD and the mouse are hard controls to remember. Almost every game uses the basic controls: WASD, the mouse, left and right click, Esc for menu. It's really not difficult at all.

That being said, PC games are much more sophisticated than console games. PC games don't reach as large an audience as console games do. That means that console games, pretty much as a rule, have to be stupid games that millions of people find fun for reasons that are totally lost on any true gamer (such as Halo or Madden). PC games can pretty much be whatever they want to be because they don't have to sell to millions and millions of people. They can sell to whoever they want. A perfect example of this is Steam. There are so many independent games on Steam, and most of them are way more fun than any of the big-name games you'll find out there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:03 am
Dang!!!

I love my Wii

But I love my DS light

And I love my 360!!!!!

Okay all of them, Oh no, I need to get on my new Animal Crossing for the Wii!  

LadyDamien

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games