Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I need help and fast!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wtf
  yes wtf
View Results

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:14 pm
an online friend just asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend.
I've never seen him personaly and he lives in a another country.

I like him,and I wish to know him,but It's so fake to have a "serious relationship" online.

what do you think  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:33 pm
From past experiences, all I can say is it's better to be close friends with the one you like for as long as possible before it's the right time to ask that person out.

But otherwise, I think you kind of answered your own question. Is it seriously worth dating online when you have absolutely no idea what can happen?  

xX_Radimir_Xx

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm
Lord Radimir
From past experiences, all I can say is it's better to be close friends with the one you like for as long as possible before it's the right time to ask that person out.

But otherwise, I think you kind of answered your own question. Is it seriously worth dating online when you have absolutely no idea what can happen?

It's just that I gotta keep it real, things like this happend,not ocassionaly,but I once had a huge crush from someone in Swiss and I live in Puerto Rico.

this guy is from Chile,and it's great that he speaks spanish too,but online relationships are so,depressing, relationships are mosty based on hugs,kisses and holding hands and all that.

he apparently seems to be "serious" about it, for me it's really hard to trust someone,and online relationships can be a bunch of lies too,he could be cheating or whatever.

It's embarrasing to say I have an online boyfriend,in my case.

I just don't know...I'm confused, I don't want his feelings for me fade,because I truly wish to meet him someday,but I don't know if that ever be posible.

in cases like this, I hate having internet wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 pm
I personally could never have an online relationship. I have however seen it work out...
My boyfriends mother "dated" a guy online for 3 some years. He just moved from NY to over here in Oregon for her. They are getting married in February. They are considering having a baby (bad idea for them but back on topic)
I could never do it becuase I need the... closeness of a relationship. I couldnt handle it. But if you think you could then go for it.
And it never hurts to wait you know...If your not sure.
Say your not in the position for a relationship or something like that ninja

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PimpCentric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 pm
I once had an online relationship and it didn't work out. I got hurt. My advice would be to tell him that you'd like to stay just friends. Then if one day you are able to meet him, decide after that if you wish to make it something more.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 am
If you don't want to, and you feel weird then don't.

I dated online before. I am a very affectionate kinda girl, and I need my hugs badly! Dx!

sweatdrop

Anyway.. Just say you appreciate it, but you are not into online dating.

Or that you really want him to respect you and keep you as a friend instead.

That was Nems crappy advice.

Nemsy

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:30 am
I'm with you when you say you feel embarrassed to say you have an internet boyfriend. It does seem embarrassing to me, but my best friend has met her last two boyfriends on line and had serious relationships with them. I think it depends on how old you are too. If you're young, don't bother. It's highly unlikely you'll be able to ever really meet each other for some time. My friend was old enough where she could pay for her own plane ticket to go and visit her boyfriends, and them come and visit her.

Bottom line, you've already said it makes you feel uncomfortable to have an online relationship. So then don't. You don't have to put it that way to him, just say something like you're not really looking for a boyfriend right now or something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:06 pm
Don't do it. You'd have to know the person REALLY well before taking that step. Like, really well.

And I speak from personal experience, the distance between you and your loved one kills inside. Don't do it unless you're totally sure you can handle it.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

Miss Hepburn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:20 pm
everyones posting reeeeaaaaly looooong answers JUST DONT DO IT end of ?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 pm
This online dating thing is silly, cuz personally, I find that you can only truly get to know someone through real life interactions. He may be one thing online, but in real life? You must be careful. My advice to you is not to do it! surprised

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

tofu prime

Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:15 pm
Personally, bebz, take precautions.

Unless you actually do get a chance to meet up with him (though that might be dangerous) I suggest you be cautious and get to talk to him on the phone or something first.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:38 am
Thank You so much everyone, I'm truly thankful for all your advises and reading my post. Thank you, you guys have helped me a lot.  

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games