Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Geeking for the sake of fandom Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm
Because that's what I call it. Trufax is, I've always loved history. Growing up, my dad is a huge WWI & WWII buff, and so I got it from him. Mostly though I liked ancient civilizations (there's not enough Rome, Greece, Egypt from ancient time!).

Anywayyy, my point is that I know I'm not alone in knowing more about a country you've never been to and probably never will go to in your lifetime. I know I'm not! So let me know if you, too, have geeked out in the name of fandom!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 pm
YESyesyes. I'm not into Hetalia just for the pretties and the slashings; I am here because I have always been a GIANT HISTORYFAG. ♥ My favorite time periods are as so:

-Second Industrial Revolution (esp. US and Germany)
-Victorian England
-French Revolution
-WWI & WWII
-like all of German history ever (well, tribes--now)
-Russia ~1900-1945
-Fascist Italy

Hahaaa and that reflects my Hetalia interests somewhat, although they don't all translate too horribly well. Especially with Himaruya's useless Italy. Ngk.  

Skizzors
Crew

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm
I'm so with you on those! Mostly Victorian England, French Revolution (I've actually had rps before Hetalia set there XD), and of course the WWs. I was actually pretty into America's Revolution and the Civil wars too. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:23 pm
God the French Revolution is just so. I will admit I'm mostly only into it because of Les Mis, but still. xd (also i kinda maybe slash saint-just and robespierre, hahaha--)

I'm not so into American history except where it relates to the WWs. Other than that I'm sick of getting it shoved in my face.
With regards to that, this is just about my favorite historical APH fanart ever:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(credit: meltedpeep on LJ)  

Skizzors
Crew

Lithuania-tan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:13 pm
Les Miserab? Or whoever that's spelled. My sister loved that movie because her name is Cozette. XD I think it was spelled differently, but yeah.

I love that comic. XD I also love the one where Canada got his independence by asking nicely. Mainly because of UKs PISSED OFF INDIGNANT face and Canada's PLZPLZPLZ face.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:27 pm
I'm not that huge a historyfag. although it seems to be one of my best subjects
But I've always, always been a sucker for Victorian England and WWII. *A* ♥

Saigo no Uta

Italy-tan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:41 pm
I'm sort of into history. I enjoy the history channel? ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 am
My mom wanted to be an archeologist when she was little even though women didn't do that back then. XD
So I know more than my fair share of ancient Egyptian, Aztec, and Mayan history. (My mom is really into the Mezzo Americans.)

My dad on the other hand was into American Civil war history, and my brother is into the Crusades.

I always liked preworld war II Berlin and Paris, and I really find Ludwig II the Mad King of Bavaria very interesting.  

Dagur

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:56 am
Saigo no Uta
I'm not that huge a historyfag. although it seems to be one of my best subjects
LOL I'm the opposite. I love history, but I have like a C average in it. xd IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DON'T CARE ABOUT KEYNESIAN ECONOMICS  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 pm
I will never forget one of my teachers. To get us to understand some kind of serfdom thing--we role-played. And then for WWI or II (can't remember which) he brought up a Metallica song. XD

I also had a teacher who taught ... using mostly movies. >.>; Fun, but didn't learn much. Though I wasn't going to complain! And he had us watch an awesome Rasputin movie. And then he brought in his fathers metals... Um, Nazi regalia, stolen from dead soldiers. ^^; He said it was illigal for the soldiers to loot the bodies, but everyone did it.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Saigo no Uta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:34 pm
Skizzors
LOL I'm the opposite. I love history, but I have like a C average in it. xd IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DON'T CARE ABOUT KEYNESIAN ECONOMICS

I'm starting to gain interest due to Hetalia's influence though.
Now my dad's happy 'cause he has someone to talk to about this stuff. xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:47 pm
I've liked history since at least fifth grade. My fifth grade teacher was a major history buff (though a little off his rocker) who would do reenactments at Fort Mackinac and Fort Wayne in the summers. Fifth grade was like one long history class, with little tiny sprinkles of math and reading and writing.
The biggest things I remember from his class were making whisk brooms, grinding corn to make cornmeal, and... the time we reenacted a trial for after the Boston Massacre. Oh! And we played a game regarding the industrial revolution that was pretty epic.
(And there was Pocabarbie)

Has anyone here ever read The Killer Angels? <3 That's some great historical fiction there. >> I'm torn between wanting to read it again or wanting to see Gettysberg again...

xxKarachan

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:13 pm
Okay, I guess I should talk more of my history interests here..

Ever since the animated movie Anastasia came out, I've been really interested in the Romanovs. I have a huge interest in monarchs in history (like Henry VIII, Mary of Scots, etc).

In my other post, the History Channel often likes to talk about things from ancient times, so I like to watch it. I like learning about Egypt, Greece, Rome and Japan... and I like the Victorian era a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:20 pm
Historia~ <3
I won't waste my time with a list because it'd be too freaking long but my strengths are American and European history with some Russian. ._.;;

American revolution~ Civil war~ World Wars~ Religious wars~ Rise and fall of the Roman empire~ Byzantine~ Rennaissance(/spazzes across the keyboard], Reformation, Scientific~~~

machiaveski

Russia-tan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:21 pm
xx Kara-chan xx

Has anyone here ever read The Killer Angels? <3 That's some great historical fiction there. >> I'm torn between wanting to read it again or wanting to see Gettysberg again...

ohgodkeepitaway. x______x *had to read it in eigth grade against my will*
It would have abeen a better read, had I chose it myself...But because I HAD to read it, the only way I payed attention was to imagine epic ninja battles and explosions in the background, or reading the dialouge like and old kungfu movie. <<;;

Like I said, if I chose it myself and I wasn't FORCED into reading it, I would've enjoyed it ten times more...

As for how much of a historyfag I am...I watch the history channel with dad, listening to his stories (he still needs to tell me 'bout Greneda. >:C) and I research for fun. =w= Mostly about other countries though. >> All I've taken when it comes to history classes are US history and Anicent Egyptian. =w= *was taught how to write in hieroglyphics!*  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff